No Cross realm BGs

Absolutely it does. IT changes having to play maybe 4 hours a day during busy time to playing 24/7. Not only that, it gives rankers a chance for a break.

the reason why lower ranks werent prohibitively hard to rank was because of that fact that CRBGs didnt exist. people can easily rank by playing a couple of games per day.

After cRBGs, even the lower ranks had to play more.

Without CRBG’s you might not even get enough games to hit the minimum honor to even be considered for ranks because of how bad queue times were.

So yeah if you actually end up hitting restrictions due to player caps per rank that is a win for most people as they’re actually you know playing BG’s instead of sitting in a queue.

100% should not be cross realm bgs. Queue’s won’t be terribly long unless you’re on a completely dominated server, which means you should just do the right thing and take your free xfer off to help the health of the game.

The minimum required actually increases when there are more people participating. So even in that regard, you are inflating honor.

Not only that, the liklihood of this being a restriction is so low given how populated servers are

CRBG’s result in more people actually playing BG’s than sitting in queues.

Of course. Which necessarily isnt a good thing. It also results in more botting, afking, account sharing too. IT also increases the amount of nor required to rank up.

Not sure this really holds up as an argument against xrealm BGs in Classic… Not only has a lot changed in-game but as people/players we’ve changed, and we’re here playing classic because we love the game and how it was, do you feel the spirit is lacking?
Why do you want to split everyone up? I’m looking forward be able to queue into Classic friends on other realms, I’d only ask it is region specific so problems like NA <-> OCE lag aren’t there.

You associated cross-realm zones with BGs as a cancer, but we aren’t getting cross-realm zones. Xrealm dungeon finder and CRZ were larger factors than xrealm BGs to the decline you are referencing, neither of which are in Classic.

What about people on lower pop realms? They just get shafted because people swarmed to certain realms on day1?

This is made up by time spent in BGs compared to time in queue.

Opening up the pool also allows more non-premade BGs to take place, further opening up PvP to people who aren’t hardcore ranking and who perhaps don’t enjoy endlessly queueing into their servers X number of premades.

Also looking forward to world resources opening up a bit more with people in the cities queueing for BGs. Shorter queue times means people aren’t going to queue and immediately leave the city, Horde will have longer queue times regardless of course.

Edit: There’s a point to be made around server-only helping faction balance in theory, but in practice I don’t see many Horde rerolling/transferring, they’ll instead just duel or go farm in the open world while waiting for queues.

Most people will not be able to attain high rank regardless of CRBG’s and they probably really don’t care much how it impacts the higher ranks if they can actually get queues when they want.

Now if you’re saying that the honor system is just a terrible system in general i completely agree. But that has nothing to do with CRBG’s.

I’d say it does. crBGs is essentially the pvp version of LFD or LFR. Yes, the people playing classic do live how it was, but how it “was” was the LACK of these automated systems.

As far as playing with friends cross realm, the liklihood of that happening is so low it’s not worth considering. Friends would be playing on the same server usually, and you cant group with people cross realm.

However, I did mention many times that PVP guilds and PVP communities died within a couple weeks after CRBGs.

Times spent in queues doesnt change that much for the casual players because people usually queue and ranked during busy hours. The only thing CRBGs do is allow people to also get many games during weird hours of the day. Face value, this seems like a good idea. However, given the honor system, because you can play 24/7 now, you MUST play 24/7. That’s the issue.

As far as your edit goes, I’ve literally heard many times that people chose alliance to specifically get lower queues. Same with Horde in vanilla (horde was the underpopulated one in vanila). Sure, I cant say to the exact numbers, but neither can anyone else.

1 Like

BG’s always had a queue system.

Only if you happen to be on a realm that has balanced factions that are both active in pvp or you happen to be on the bad side of an imbalanced realm. Otherwise you can end up with queue times even at prime time.

It’s also a moot point for most people as they won’t be getting a high rank regardless. So it’s much better for them to have fast queues whenever they want.

CRBGs exacerbate the flaws of the honor system. You’re right, most people wont be able to get higher ranks.

However, CRBGs affects EVERYONE regardless of rank. Instead of playing 5 BGs to get that next 5000 rank points, you might need to play 15. etc. Honor points are all relative.

BG had a queue sytem, but it wasnt cross realm until 1.12. LFR and LFD are cross realm.

No its not. People who pvp even casually still want to progress. They still want their rank 7 boots, or rank 9 shoulders or w.e

Correct and for most people they had a positive impact because they improved queue times so people could actually you know play a BG.

This is true and CRBG’s help people going for those lower ranks as they’ll be able to actually get as many BG’s possible into their limited play time instead of sitting in queues.

And it definitely helps them with rep rewards as well since there’s no ladder involved there.

Do you really not know how the honor system actually works?

The same people that can get many games in between their very limited play times will get FEWER rank points since the pool of honor is now a lot higher.

You know those people that are playing 24/7 at 2 AM in the morning? Those exact same people are diluting the whatever amount that these casuals would have gained despite all the games they can now play

No they’re not, they’re only impacting people who have exceeded whatever break points they’re at. So sure while that guy or two playing 80 hours a week is going to have an impact on the top few ranks they have very little impact on the lower ranks.

Because as long as you are in whatever percentage you need for your whatever rank and make the break point it doesn’t matter if you get beaten by 1 honor point or 1 billion honor points.

Which is once again where most people are going to be. Sorry but the reality is CRBG’s or no most people were never going to be getting into the higher ranks.

How, exactly? The only change is the players in the pool.

I probably wasn’t clear, I don’t mean friends of mine but just anyone playing Classic.

Understandable given it was a change in vanilla to how it previously worked, but going into classic we already know what we’re getting.

Have you considered some are casual because they can’t always queue in those hours? What about low pop realms?

Who must play 24/7? People going for r14? Let them, they know the grind they’re signing up for.

Yes… Alliance will still have lower queues. Horde are a majority across the whole game.

It’s the same thing as LFR and LFD in that it matches you with players across servers. Playing with players you cant meet in the real wow world. In the same way that LFD LFR CRZ killed social aspects of the game, CRBGs killed the social aspects of pvp.

People dont make friends across different servers because they cant play with each other (other than for that particular CRBG game). How can you develop social relations if you cant group with them? You’ll also likely never run into thek again either.

Low pop realms arent adversely affected since it’s all relative; if the casuals gets fewer games because of queues, then so do the harcore rankers. The only time where population is an issue is if population falls below 1k, and queues dont remedy that since the forumula is based off of population of the server, not the # of games, honor, or queues.

Even the casuals who want to rank needs to play more. If you want to rank to say… rank 7 or 8 in your casual schedule, you have to play more games in a CRBG environment because all the other people in your “bracket” will be doing the same thing. So even among casuals, you MUST play more to rank up. It doesnt just affect people in the highest bracket

LFD/LFR was a system change and more than just going from server-only to Xrealm though. Conflating these is a bit of a stretch.

I’ll meet and see the people on my realm, on my realm. I won’t see them all in BGs all the time, that’s fine.

This is based off the past experience when WoW had a massively larger pop than Classic has. You’ll run into plenty of the same faces (from other realms) in BGs as you do them.

Why are you comparing casuals to hardcore rankers here? You’ve stated that it isn’t a negative impact because everyone has longer queues. That IS the negative impact.

You want to know who else I won’t be able to meet in the open world again?

People I never play with in the first place because I’m sitting in a damn queue. Besides BG’s always had a queue system unlike dungeons and raids, all CRBG’s did was expand the player base.

And you can still group with people on your own realm for CRBG’s.

No, they are very comparable. The major similarity was it allowed automated play across servers. LFD/LFR were system changes yes. But so was allowing play across servers.

It might be fine for you. But that’s what sort of led to retail.

And no, I was on a very low populated server and not once do I remember running into the same players (from my realm or other realms) at all. Back in vanilla I mean.

Also, by negative impact I mean in terms of ranking and progression. If people would rather rank up off of fewer games, then they would. But because of the fact that OTHERS are playing more, they have to “catch up” to them not only to gain points, but they can actually LOSE rank too.

So they negative impact is because they CAN play more, they MUST play more.

You want to know who else I won’t be able to meet in the open world again?

People I never play with in the first place because I’m sitting in a damn queue. Besides BG’s always had a queue system unlike dungeons and raids, all CRBG’s did was expand the player base.

And you can still group with people on your own realm for CRBG’s.

There’s more to a social aspect of WoW than Bg queuing. They can affect your economy, your groups, etc. CRBGs teammates cannot.

LFR CRZ and LFD also expanded the player base and made it more convenient as well. Guess why people were asking for classic? To get rid of these cross realm systems.

1 Like

Except that BG’s always had a queuing system so CRBG’s didn’t fundamentally change anything about the way BG’s were run.

As for the economy? Are you actually trading pvp consumables in a BG? Or are you doing that in the open world/AH etc… if so then CRBG’s have no impact on the economy as people who do BG’s will still be using the same consumables and they’ll be getting them the same way.

And you still seem to not grasp that you can still form groups on your own realm for CRBG’s. You realize you don’t have to be queued with someone randomly for a BG before you can form a group with them right?