Night Elf Player Hate

It wont be sylvanas why would they make the person who broke death the jailer, bolvar is way more likely

Well, if nothing else it is really nice to be a Gob fan right now though. On a micro level, I got what I wanted. An absolutely amazing short quest-chain that highlighted a wide assortment of great Gob personalities. I got the leader shift I’ve wanted for years, to the most developed Goblin in the franchise; who also happens to have the longest legacy with the Horde out of any of his species. He’s also got a great VA. I never expected us to have much of a role in a death themed expansion, so I can’t be disappointed with our role within it.

I may have issues with the greater Horde’s current condition atm; but I will admit I’m pretty at peace with the Bilgewater’s current status. Small victories for a small people lol! :smiley:

6 Likes

Not sure if you saw my Goblin in the Story Forum Community Lounge, but I agree. Finished getting her to exalted with the Bilgewater to do the Goblin Heritage Armor quest when 8.3 comes out.

I really need to get my Worgen leveled up and get his Gilneas rep done, too

3 Likes

This is still Sylvanas’ game we’re playing, I fully expect her punishment to be turning into the new Jailer so she spends eternity as an almighty goddess and her legions of fans can sleep with the knowledge their Dark Lady is “alive” and well.

3 Likes

I totally agree with that. It was a miserable story that I wish never happened but I’d always choose Malfurion (or Maiev, or Tyrande, or even Shandris) over an undefined number of (mostly) nameless, faceless noncharacters. Elegy described a large enough number of night elves making it to Stormwind that almost every named Darnassus npc could still be alive. Astarii is the only one that explicitly died from what I remember. But I’ve barely played BfA so there might more that I’m unaware of. And as you said, Malfurion is best suited to restore Darkshore and maybe even grow a new world tree. Also the Terror of Darkshore cinematic was one of his best portrayals since WC3 for me.

4 Likes

“Terror of Darkshore” was definitely like finding treasure in the otherwise unpleasant kraul that was BfA.

7 Likes

I’d always choose those “faceless noncharacters” over Malfurion, or Maiev, or Tyrande, or even Shandris.

Isn’t that their whole point? To fight and, if necessary, die, in the place of those who can’t?

2 Likes

He did fight and did nearly die. I honestly don’t see the appeal in throwing away Malfurion (a major character with a decent presence/role in the setting, that has existed for over a decade outside the setting, and fans feel attachment to) for unnamed night elf woman, her son, etc. But I’m guessing I’m only getting pushback because I made the mistake of posting on a red avatar and this is an attempt at starting a faction bias argument.

5 Likes

Its just salt, they dont understand cause they havent lost a main character they like. Losing a main character is ten times worse than losing nameless characters, look at blood elves get got genocided, and they are totally fine, blizzard writes them as super strong in wow.

1 Like

Meatshields need to be at sword-slashing, er
 or magic/arrow shooting distance!

Incidentally, this is why I actually liked the War of the Thorns, even the in-game event. Even knowing that not everyone could be saved and that a lot would die, I was proud that the Night Elves fought to the full extent they could to save as many as they could, and had as many of my alts as I could join them, even knowing Teldrassil would still burn.

But Malfurion didn’t deserve to be killed off, and if Blizzard had catered to all the people who had been calling for his head since Cataclysm, I wouldn’t have let my subscription continue during BfA.

2 Likes

I don’t really want their main settlement in Ashenvale though because that would be really really foolish. It should be Hyjal and then they have a few settlements in Ashenvale etc.

See I just fear that in like 4 years, they will maybe start a new faction war but completely from scratch and forget everything about Teldrassil, the war of thorns and the night elves.

I find it worse if thousands of innocents get killed that have nothing to do with war than when 1 important character dies in an actual act of war. Now what are these leaders going to do with barely any people left? Tyrande is probably going to be a villain soon because horde players keep complaining that horde loses more major characters than the alliance.

Cause you are headcanoning barely any people left, belves had 90% of there people killed, and they are fine now, it makes no sense to how are they are fine, since its only been like ten years but they are. Are armies are depleted every single xpac but we always have enough to fight the world war that comes in the xpac right after.
When a actual character dies its way worse, thats narritive that usually goes away and doesnt get replaced in years, Stormwind is stillllll missing the archbishop

4 Likes

They’re night elves, they will keep rubbing it into our faces how there are too few left. They did it in elegy and now they rubbed it into our faces that all of them are forever in the maw.

Problem is that whenever they do something with Tyrande or Malfurion, it’s not something a Night Elf player would want to see but more like something a horde players would want to see.

1 Like

Yeah I am sure the horde loved us winning back darkshore, I am sure the horde is gonna love learning in shadowlands while they quest with tyrande about all this bad stuff wouldnt have happened if they didnt follow sylvanas

2 Likes

That’s fine with me. Ashenvale wasn’t their main settlement either during WoW nor before it, either. But Ashenvale still should be the Night Elves’.

I doubt it. Blizzard is still bringing up Taurajo and the Purge of Dalaran even today.

It’s certainly more tragic. But Malfurion was an innocent as any one of them, too.

I highly doubt it. But I have also protested the villain batting of Tyrande for a long time:

1 Like

Hahaha, oh wait are you serious? Let me laught more harder HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude your race content was literally just 1 short questline where you throw everything to the horde and only get back(off-screen) a tiny piece of your land and aren’t never mentioned again.

Meanwhile Zandalar got 3 big zones, a raid where we kill an old god, the most popular AR in the horde and we have Bwonsamdi with others Loa as the hook plots/characters guiding in the next expansion.

If you want to talk about content, nelves usually get one whole zone to themselves EVERY SINGLE XPAC, so yeah enjoy getting nothing from now on, feels good playing a base race.

2 Likes

It’s not like they care, darkshore was never theirs and they still got to kill all the people, loot the villages, get the ressources and then blight the land.

don’t worry they are already making complaint threads about that, tyrande will get scrapped in 9.0 beta faster than you can think

Are they doing that ingame though? I might not remember it then, but I really want a conclusion to teldrassil and not just in 4 years hear some npc say “oh yea teldrassil happened, never forget!” when literally nobody acts on it.

Yes but technically he fought against the horde, so killing him would be less monstrous than killing helpless civilians in the most brutal ways possible.

Problem is that it just doesn’t make sense that the night elves in those zones are all neutral while the horde keeps butchering their people.

1 Like