Night Elf Player Hate

I really dont have stock about what you think blizzard will do in the future, you where wrong about the alliance not getting back darkshore, you where wrong about the alliance not winning the war, and now you are wrong about blizzard ignoring nelves.

2 Likes

Because there were no hints at it? If they were going to give it back to us why didn’t the victory speech and quest make it to live? We’re only lucky to know about it because someone asked it in the Q&A. Also what about Ashenvale?

I still don’t see and I will never see how getting one race of yours almost wiped out and then being unable to deal any significant blows to the aggressors and letting them get away without a scratch or without them feeling any remorse is considered winning nowadays. I really don’t.

Oh I’m sure they will have more night elf content when someone needs to get stomped by the horde again.

yeah sure thing, the tyrande and elune story is totally gonna be about the horde fighting them and winning, in a xpac not about the factions sure thing

• The vanilla zone of the elfies are gone.
  • Cenarion circle barely counts as it’s more neutral and minor role(which is why Zangarmarsh doesn’t count as the horde mostly interact with taurens and trolls)
  • Wotlk has zero nelfie content
  • Cataclysm has Hyjal but the wild gods doesn’t care about them so is 50/100
  • MoP barely mentioned aside of that jungle zone that nobody quest there anyway
  • WoD
  • Legion has Azsuna but those aren’t really associate with the current Kaldorei
  • BFA just using twice Darkshore
1 Like

You must have missed the eleven Night Elven zones in Kalimdor. I see you have the “That’s Val’sharah Folk!” achievement, so I know you’ve personally played through that Night Elf zone, too.

We have more than Bwonsamdi does:

Answering: Steve Danuser

• “The Night Elves have taken some shots on the chin in Battle for Azeroth, for sure. Tyrande is one of the most beloved characters and in all of Warcraft canon, and, I don’t want to speak to datamined broadcasts and things like that, but we will see Tyrande have some conversations with some of our other characters as we wrap up the Battle for Azeroth.”

• “That’s a storyline that we definitely want to pay off and we have some interesting things in the coming expansion that I don’t want to spoil but I hope that Night Elf players get to see a new side of her and their culture in a way.”

This also comes on the heals of another interview with Shani Edwards:

Game Producer Shani Edwards: We’re gonna learn more about Tyrande’s story. Obviously, she is still very upset about what happened to her people. That’s going to lead her to Ardenweald. She’s gonna get some answers to some questions, and there’s gonna be some stuff coming with her that’s too spoiler-y to talk about but there’s more Tyrande
. All I can say is she has a pretty big story moment in Ardenweald. Very big role also.

Blizzard Watch: Are we gonna learn more about Elune while we’re there?

Lead Game Designer Morgan Day: That’s well into spoiler territory!

Shani Edwards: Can’t [talk about that]!

Vol’dun and Nazmir in practicality have no settlements that are part of the Zandalari empire.

A knockoff experiment that will never be mentioned again. Hell, Brann and Magni did more important things with MOTHER than the Zandalari have.

Wrong so much wrong, wotlk has a section of nelf camps in dragonblight with a sentinel army, cata had the old zone remaps so wrong there again, Mop had the jungle zone that followed a nelf character and her dad, wow had the wardens which followed khadgar and a small quest chain, legion had two whole zones, once about the past and the another with not one, but both of the nelf leaders being major characters of the zone, you know if you want the full story you should really play both factions

Oh and I forgot bc, which had a major nelf town for alliance questing in blades edge

Yeah. Taurajo in the Horde leatherworking questline in BfA, and the Purge of Dalaran when we go save Baine.

He fought against the Horde to save as many of the helpless civilians as possible. Malfurion never fought against the Horde before that. Even in Warcraft III he proposed allying with the Horde before anyone else did.

Hmm let me think: Elune is actually not as powerful as the night elves thought and couldn’t intervene further into the war of thorns

Boom, 1 easy example of how to further spit on the night elves. There are countless others that wouldn’t surprise me anymore after the writers have shown their hatred for the night elves and their love for sylvanas/nathanos.

oh yea where we kill the victims of the purge? Yea I’d rather not kill night elves in 4 years from now because they want justice

Yea well, that’s a point. I’m just absolutely disgusted how tasteless the story of BfA is and after all of that, they couldn’t even be bothered to further develop it

Elune being weaker or more powerful doesnt change anything we are still the only race with a god on our side, a god that can turn darkshore into eternal night so lol, I have no doubt you’ll find the black lining no matter what blizzard does

Zandalari trolls literally had their loa, not their gods, their LOA destroy entire alliance fleets.

How about just having something positive happen to the night elves for once? Just once? And no, neutral night elves don’t count. It doesn’t make sense for night elves to be neutral when they are like the race that suffers the most from the horde.

Already happened. They were called the Druids of the Flame.

oh well that gives me hope then 

Neutral Night Elves do count. We already covered this:

Yes, but that’s not neutral. She’s still alliance and hates the horde in this scenario. She just accepts their help. I’m talking about neutral night elves like in Val’sharah, Hyjal etc
 They shouldn’t be neutral to the horde after the events of BfA anymore.

I know why it is like this gameplay wise, but lore wise they shouldn’t. They should hate the horde and be disgusted by their actions against their own kind.

1 Like

The Night Elves in Val’sharah and Hyjal are under Malfurion and Tyrande’s leadership. They count as much as Darnassian Night Elves.

Then we’ll hopefully get good things for the Night Elves and she doesn’t get villan batted going after the Horde.

Is it though?

So that means that they would also be really really pissed about the horde now, right?

Good things and Night elves don’t go too well in the current writing team

Minor quibble, but

Nightborne are more popular than Zandalar. Nearly twice as popular. Also, Bwonsamdi isn’t the hook guiding the next expansion. Sylvanas/Bolvar are. Of all the NPCs we’ve heard of in the next expansion, there are no Zandalari/Darkspear Trolls, and Bwonsamdi (the only Loa so much as mentioned) is showing up in a dungeon.

Nope. Seems that’s Nightborne.

But Tamanii beat me to it.

Yes. Though, still allied with their Cenarion friends that are also Horde that had nothing to do with the War of the Thorns or anything after.

We can be pessimistic or hopeful, but neither are objective facts.

So what would that mean for the night elves if they want to go back to hyjal now that the horde has destroyed their new home? They’d surely have to get rid of the (non cenarion) horde presence there.

Funny thing is I’m always pessimistic when it comes to the night elves and even then I’m let down by this absolutely horrendous and tasteless story that comes through.