Night Elf Player Hate

He’s an Alliance War Hero who still has strong connections to the Faction. He’s also no longer being influenced by the Helm of Domination, which means he’s free to go back to that person … more or less. He also has a lovely Alliance daughter that is conveniently Anduin’s age who’s manifested in BfA; who absolutely will have a role to play in his story. On top of this, there still remains questions about Calia’s role in this death themed expansions … and considering how loose Blizz has been with the Lore … I would not be shocked to find out that Bolvar was her baby-daddy and his daughter is the living heir to Lordaeron.

We’ll have a union of SW with Anduin Wrynn and Lordaeron in Taelia “Menethil” Fordragon … for a happily ever human potential style ending. :smiley:

11 Likes

Complaining? I like Bolvar.

You know what Katiera, you’re too annoying to deal with any more. You’re more of a troll than even Xamantul is. I’m not going to bother to read your posts any more, as interacting with you is a waste of time.

3 Likes

Imagine thinking Troll fans just care about Darkspear Trolls. Big lulz.

4 Likes

The cycle continues alliance players telling horde players that no neutral characters don’t count as alliance they never show up to help us when the horde burns world trees.

1 Like

Just saying your post sounds like a cinematic series about bolvar would be a bad thing

They are Alliance characters for goodness sake. They have strong Alliance connections; with strong Alliance themes; and most of them have a immensely in depth relationship with the Alliance. Painting them over with neutrality to include the Horde, or ignoring their existence because they’d be inconvenient for the story Blizz wants to tell, does not make them immediately neutral.

We are going into a death themed expansion, where a character with an immense history with the Alliance is taking the lead; despite the fact that Death is the one domain in all of Warcraft where the Horde actually had a more interesting and nuanced relationship with. For goodness sake, up until BfA, the Alliance had almost exclusively an antagonistic relationship with Death; and now an old champion of theirs, completely free of the influence of a corrupting helm, is now taking the charge into the lands of the dead? Really Blizz?

4 Likes

As long as we get a canon statement that we got Ashenvale back then the winning of things back is enough for me to make up for the War of the Thorns. The most over the top wish I could make is for Teldrassil to become one of those sky trees in Ardenweald (even if just as a skybox):

However, if they had killed Malfurion, I would have unsubscribed and never done any of BfA’s content at all.

4 Likes

If they are alliance characters why didn’t they fight in the war your faction committed genocide and I didn’t see bolvar or khadgar come help at all.

2 Likes

For me it’s not. Most night elves are still dead and forever in the maw with eternal torment and pain and the horde still hasn’t even said “sorry”.

For me it would’ve been better if Malfurion died there but the night elves still had a future…

1 Like

Unfortunately, Droité, you usually have the misfortune of setting yourself up for a lot of hype that you go around here talking about, but Blizzard never does, and then, predictably, Blizzard doesn’t act upon it and you’re disappointed.

Even with all my Ashenvale reclamation proposals, I usually at one point or another admitted that I in no way expected Blizzard to actually make anything like Battlefield: Ashenvale. And they didn’t. And I never expected them to, even if I proposed they should.

Night Elves have died all the time. War of the Ancients. Cataclysm. The effectively civil war of the Firelands. Night Elves dying in droves does not end their future. It never has.

Hell, Malfurion being alive helps them even more in reestablishing themselves with their future. He’s the one that was growing all the forest of Darkshore back as we took it back.

Hence wanting Teldrassil - and I suppose I should specify all the victims that died on it as well - to be saved and end up in Ardenweald.

And they probably never will.

1 Like

Yes, but now they had most of the last few remaining night elves wiped out. They don’t have any safe lands to settle, maybe Hyjal but they’d have to kick the horde out of it first. Ashenvale or Darkshore as a new home would be foolish since the horde could just run them over at any time, this time even easier.

would be nice if it happens but I highly doubt it honestly

and that’s why I don’t see a logic in Shandris being anduin’s puppet and forgiving and making peace with the horde.

Again blizzard said we work to save them also if we fight the horde and cause more death what don’t you understand about that helping Sylvanas

Meh, I bounce between optimism and pessimism.

All I wanted for Shadowlands was a chance for our underdeveloped reps to get some attention. If any setting would foster Darkspear and Forsaken character development, you would think it would be a land of the dead themed one right? Voss is catastrophically underdeveloped to be a Forsaken leader; but she’s leagues better than Calia. Rokhan has seen some development, but he really needs to be shown as the Shadowhunter and Darkspear Leader he now is. Hell, Mayla, Baine, and Geya’rah could all also benefit from going into the afterlife and interacting with deceased loved ones; and heaven knows they need development.

But instead … MU Draka means more Thrall being mopey about his dead parents. Kael, while interesting, means the BEs will be getting the shine; and at best we can hope for is Rommath finally being allowed some development time. No Vol’jin. No Sen’jin. No Cairne. No Doomhammer. No MU Grom. No Benedictus Voss. At least for now. To say its disheartening would be an understatement…

7 Likes

For all we know thrall doesn’t go so we just get draka on her own

Can’t remember them explicitly saying that we will save night elf souls from the maw. We don’t even know if it’s possible to just pick souls from the maw and take them outside.

There is a difference in saying that “Oh the horde is good now and we will make peace with them” and “the horde can’t be trusted but we have to temporarily stop fighting each other until Sylvanas is dealt with”

There will never be too few Night Elves. No more than there are too few Blood Elves or too few anyone else.

If they get Ashenvale back they’ll have all their lands (minus Teldrassil) to settle again, which is more important than fearing that the Horde will attack again.

Luckily Ion agrees with you that this won’t be happening, as Ion says at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Fwh7b37FE&t=9m8s :

This is an armistice. This isn't holding hands and forgiving and forgetting. You know, there's a large portion of the Alliance that are like, "Hey, literally you just committed genocide against a portion of our group." We're not just gonna put bygones- to say bygones are bygones and move on from there. And likewise, there are Horde that harbor long held grudges. But it's moving away from a period of open warfare back to the state of uneasy tension that a lot of Warcraft has seen over the years. When we're fighting the Lich King, fighting Deathwing, we set differences aside where it makes sense.
1 Like

Yes, but my point is you’re setting yourself for more disheartening in hoping the Bwonsamdi will become the new Jailer. That’s a long shot bet you’re making, and if it pays off then that’s amazing, but more likely not happening.

True. It is very likely that the new Jailor, if there is one, is either Sylvanas or some Alliance themed character.

5 Likes

Now you’re trying to set me up for disheartening. :skull_and_crossbones:

6 Likes