Night Elf Mega Thread - Please Stop Blizzard

You know that the Warfront is exactly that, right? It’s you winning the war of thorns and pushing the Horde out of Darkshore.

The problem with the Vulpera is that it was just such a blatant, heavy-handed attempt to give the Alliance some edge.

I’d put it on par with the Horde literally setting fire to an orphanage in Brennadam. It’s just so over-the-top and totally clumsy, even by WarCraft standards.

You (Blizzard) can show me the factions are doing bad things to achieve victory, but you don’t need to resort to such easy gotchas like that.

Night Elves were a pretty cool faction in WC3. In WoW having more than two factions would of been a nightmare so they gave them to Alliance (which they didn’t even like in WC3, they just hated the Horde more). There lore has been “meh” at best ever since.

3 Likes

I would be okay with them going to a separate faction, and maybe having the worgen join them since Genn probaby isn’t too keen on befriending the people who burned some of his people alive with the night elves.

But what I am not okay with is the direction Blizzard seems to be taking. The writers seem unable to find a true moral grey, they think only in extremes. Either someone is good, or horribly evil. So if the night elves are “against” the Alliance, and the Alliance is written to be perfect angels (that are too stupid to defend themselves or fight dirty), it must mean that the Night Elves are therefore “evil”, especially since they want revenge against the “honorable” Horde. This type of writing is amateurish at best, and lazy at worst. Playing Classic and looking at the depths of story lines behind even the simplest opening quest ( for example the Romeo and Juliet / Hatfield–McCoy story in human starting zone) makes me extremely sad and disappointed when I think of how far the writing and story line has fallen.

To me, the clear tipping point of when the game became unbalanced and contrite was when the Horde first began encroaching on night elven territory. The whole story line began to be focused on the Horde, the zones themselves became unbalanced, a first since the game launched. I am not suggesting that everything should be 1:1 for Horde and Alliance, but if one side wins, it should also lose at some point, and that lost should be shown in game and not in books few gaming customers read.

The fact that they can put money and effort into making a totally separate loyalist quest line for their avid pro-genocide fans, lets me know there is a lack of creativity and a level of bias unseen in the game before. Blizzard went from making detailed, entertaining story lines and cinematics for both factions, to a single series of cinematics focused on one faction and an alternative story line yet again for the same faction. It amazes me that other consumers blindly accept this level of neglect.

4 Likes

No Respect for the Night Elf Race in General

Another article to add to the thread.

Commentary on plot and story:

So how exactly was this Not “Garrosh 2.0?”
Is anybody else struggling with the War Crime simulator that is Horde Side Assaults right now?

I honestly can’t wait to fight Tyrande.

1 Like

Tyrande and the night elves have to lead the Banshe Hunt.

Do the Raid or dungeon bosses would be an insult,
They deserve Justice/vengace and not Pain.

3 Likes

I know it’s hard to ask people to not be total children, but for once in your miserable life can you get over yourself? Try to resist the toxic faction hatred koolaid Blizz has been shoving down our throats and see that paying players who invested in other races should have their grievances addressed.

3 Likes

Whoa there, calm down. I enjoy the thematic conflict between the Night elves and Blood elves, afterall we’re playing World of Warcraft. It seems strange that telling me to “Get over myself” over an innocuous comment on a video game. I think when you start to take dialogue over potential content on a video game on such a serious level that you start making personal insults toward people is probably the time where you should take a step back, and reevaluate your perspectives.

Posting in a blizz hates night elves thread

The night elves were done dirty this expansion and really by WoW in general. The night elves were strong and dangerous when we first met them. They held the line against the Burning Legion at Hyjal in what is still the high point of the entire Warcraft saga, a moment of unity where everyone came together to fight against a truly evil foe and save the world.

Since then they have been weakened and made increasingly powerless over the course of WoW since day 1. Blizz casually kills off an enormous number of them in the prepatch of BfA just to add some narrative drama or to ‘raise the stakes’. Genocide as a supporting plot device is pretty gross and i am surprised that Blizz doesn’t know better.

The writers at Blizz inherited what is quite possibly the richest lore of any game franchise and have cheapened it with poor writing choices and characterization. Even what they have done with Sylvanas herself is beyond comprehension.

In general i feel like Blizz reached some new narrative heights with Legion and even WoD (discounting the content drought) but the wheels really came off in BfA, an expansion that really needed a masterful touch in the story department.

But yes the night elves have been treated particularly poorly by Blizz.

3 Likes

Really, maybe you should reevaluate your perspective when your only contribution to this thread is an attempt to troll it. If you have nothing intelligent to say then kindly go buy a Virtual Ticket and fawn over the collection of beardy Blizzard hacks.

I think a serious issue with this idea is that it’d probably work out the same way Sylvanas’ storyline did. You’ll be able to follow Tyrande to a point, but then she’ll just go all-out evil and turn on the loyalists too, so you’ll eventually be forced to side with Anduin & the Horde against her anyway.

1 Like

Our story has been… disappointing since Warcraft 3 ended.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s like they changed their minds about who Night elves were the moment WC3 ended. Tyrande tells Kael’thas that he shouldn’t let vengeance, and rage poison his heart, and get in the way of leading his people to a brighter future, and yet here she is, the avatar of vengeance and rage.

Sometimes I don’t think some of the writers even played, or watched WC3

1 Like

Mock it all you want, but Murlocs were a serious threat back in Classic.

As for this topic, really, Blizz has a long way to go to redeem themselves in the eyes of Night Elf players/fans.

2 Likes

Thread where people are still in denial and attempting to redefine what genocide is (instead of letting Blizzard know how disgusting using it as a plot device was):
The Burning of Teldrassil

Thread focused on existence of NE going forward because of genocide/mass murder advocated as “plausibly deniable” by Blizzard:

Why are Night Elves still playable?

1 Like

Its easy to say something when you arent put in that stressful position. People change that way = character development.

Anyways night elves are one of my favorite races. I just see it as blizz giving them more stakes. We already have a bunch of dead ones that are still alive in Azsuna. We killed more dead ones and other races in Teldrassil. But we are going to what it seems like a death expansion where dead characters may come back to the story. All those that died early and in all the wars. Cairne , Voljin, Saurfangs, etc may come back. On alliance that can be teldrassil npcs, the azsuna ghosts, Tirion, Varian.

There is another endgame.

You’re right - but I still want that meeting between you and Tyrande to end like this:

:wink:

1 Like