Night Elf Mega Thread - Please Stop Blizzard

8.3 shows Tyrande returning without having reconquered anything, Anduin wanting to sign a peace treaty without any compensation for the night elves and it hints towards undead night elves as an allied race for the horde.

1 Like

Which would honestly be hilarious because

A. The horde already have their own specially skinned NE (nightborne) because the developers wanted to make the NE non exclusive to the Alliance.
B. Undead can already be hunters (or dark rangers if you want to call it that).

If they get dark elves I am fine, as long as we get light touched undead and it ruins the Forsaken lore as badly as the Nightborne ruined NE lore (with all the ridiculous retcons to give it to Horde as a race).

Additional threads on 8.3 and night elves:

What´s up with Elune abondoned her children nonsense

I was right! (Spoilers About The Faction Conflict)

2 Likes

Sad part is that they don’t care if it makes sense or not.

We’ve seen that in 8.1 when the undead night elves (that weren’t even supposed to be possible in the first place) would rather join their murderers and kill more of their families instead of rejoining their own people.

2 Likes

please can you guys do a topic asking for blizzard NOT making Night elves undeads allied race? guess this is a cause that both factions would agree

they will ruin even more the night elf lore, since they make no sense to hate the alliance and join sylvanus and their killers, they should want revenge, join Tyrande or something.

The alliance would lose the night elf model,and not they would not be heavily modified like the nightborne, and thematic giving to the horde.

we would get even more elves when we don’t need then.

the horde don’t want more elves, and we don’t want the night elves here, its an alliance thematic, both factions will lose.

1 Like

We already made hundreds of topics about it, such as:

and many threads that complained about the undead night elves, since they make absolutely no sense. But since we are blizz’s most hated race, they will most likely do it now along with lightforged undead for the alliance that nobody ever asked for.

5 Likes

You know things are bad when Horde are legitimately requesting that Alliance gets some effort.
There have been too many threads on undead rangers and villain batting Tyrande for me to keep up with. Thanks for adding your link.

IMO, signing a peace treaty and pretending like all of the Horde didn’t act as collaborators would require a character who has been lobotomized several times. Anduin isn’t being written realistically, neither is anyone else who just packs up their stuff and heads home rather than taking out the source of Azeroth’s problems while the opportunity presented itself. Yes, lets carry the body of the dude that helped kill an entire race and felt bad about it later. :roll_eyes:

Anyway, I’ve been playing classic mostly, and I rerolled my druid on classic server. It says in the introduction at NE zone that there are already very few NE left. So I am going to assume there will not be anyone left to get revenge, only Tyrande. And they are trying hard to make her seem like the unreasonable one.

Also, watch these people try to twist the meaning of genocide in order to defend the destruction of NE:

Blizzard trying to villainize Tyrande

4 Likes

i haven’t read any of this thread but you quoted me so imma guess from the name.
The night elves are elves which are savages that live along side nature.
Let them be that.
The Horde destroyed their home and destroyed their lands.

Please don’t let this be a hissy.
Let the alliance do something interesting for a change.
Not just the faction that joins up with the horde to take down their evil leader for the 3rd time.

1 Like

Great summary of Tyrande threads

3 Likes

Nope.

The problem here is not the Horde. It’s Sylvanas. And while I don’t ask her to be killed, she made her mess and now is free threatening on getting a redemption story without being kicked a little.

While the Horde did it’s thing, I think her biggest beef is with Sylvanas. Her not trusting the Horde after the chance Varian gave them is normal, though.

1 Like

That isn’t stated anywhere either.

BFA isn’t canon. Just play classic.

1 Like

Night Elves have always sucked.

In wow, yes - Because Blizz wrote them that way.

Justice from the blizzard writers, justice for teldrassil! Sylvanas is the stand in for the blizzard writers dunking on the night elves for 15 years.

basically almost nothing good has happened to the night elves in all of WOW. we got some of the highborne arcanists brought back into night elf society back at the start of MOP/ end of cata. and we let the worgen hang out with us, and thats about it. the rest of the time blizz is just dunking on the most selfless race on the planet. they sacrificed there immortality to save the planet. night elves are always on the front line doing what is needed to protect azeroth, and just endless crap is giving to the night elves from blizz.

/signed for justice.

4 Likes

It would be great to have had this happen for the player as apart of the darkshore 8.1 patch.

If we have won back darkshore, then i want to see it reflected in game and I’ll be satisfied for a victory for the Nightelves.

I’ve said it on another thread, but I don’t think most people realize it’s too late to get vengeance on the horde with out being made the next villain faction. Iam good with getting Sylvanas and Nathanos, because as stated we have “won” back our lands.

1 Like

I like the night elves…

1 Like

I’m skeptical that we will ever see something like this, made for any people under the banner of the alliance!
Blizzard doesn’t like to see Alliance actions really reflected in the game!

Maybe night elves have to leave the alliance to achieve this, because as long as they are members of the blue faction, they will only have disappointments like worgen, gnomes and Jaina!

We’re not vacuum cleaners.

1 Like

Adding my support here. I’d love to see the story improve. If we kill Tyrande for wanting revenge while sylvanas walks again, I am done.

2 Likes

No, they are all genocide collaborators except for the Tauren…they are cool.

Ok, but where is this shown in game? It is time for them to actually depict Horde losses in game, rather than in side stories or books. Are they too scared of disappointing Horde customers? Does everything always have to be burnt or on fire? They have 0 problems making things burn and be destroyed, but some how cant find a budget to fix them and make the ingame content match the story line they put out in books.

I am hoping they follow through with their plan on redeeming the undead so the edgelords can know what it feels like to see your favorite race be ruined and twisted in game.

Calia is already upsetting them, and I can’t do anything but Hope that Golden is in charge of the Forsaken story line going forward. It was painfully obvious that the current writers are subjective Horde centrists. Golden has always been pro Alliance, so I suspect she will destroy the Forsaken from within rather than killing off the Horde’s undead “bae”. The developers probably told her she couldnt kill Sylvanus, so Christie instead is probably going to make them fluffy kittens of light and rainbow instead, effectively killing the dark edge the undead and Horde enjoy touting about.

1 Like