New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

We’ve been stuck with one long enough already, I’d rather see them all dead than have to deal with their temperamental garbage.

Prime example is BFA.

On the Alliance side they actually had a great story beat to why Kul’Tiras had become female dominated. Since the plethora of wars had wiped out the men.

Meanwhile over at the Horde side Rastakhan was made an idiot so his perfect daughter could replace him.

Funny enough over at FFXIV. All the three starting nations are run by women and no one complains. Though lots of complaining about the latest expansion due to questionable writing.

1 Like

Having played BFA from both Alliance and Horde, I’ll say Horde got done dirty. From story to cap city layout. Only thing they had better was Bwonsamdi and his quests (the VA has such presence and charm).

Anduin is getting the “Glenn from walking Dead treatment” Character we wanted to see develop… turned into a crying whining incompetent superhero male lead, who needs whamen power to fix him up.

Emo crying males don’t make interesting stories. I don’t care what writers say. 99% of the time it doesn’t work. I think the only time I ever took a real interest in an emotional male character was back in 1992 reading “Catcher In The Rye” Holden turned into one wildly interesting character. It was a journey, but you were along for the ride as to how he got there. Another would be the movie 25th hour, with Edward Norton, that was a complete decent into his current state of mind, left me dumbfounded once I understood it, it was a ride to his current state of total collapse.

Honestly they should have just tossed him in Varian’s grave before they covered it up at least there would be a body under there.

Emo superheroes make for lack luster storylines. Substituting them with mom doesn’t fix it.

This is typical Hollywood plot of the past few years. It’s boring and expected.

8 Likes

These kind of people will stick to their ideology even when everyone is starving to death because of them. Its been seen time and time again.

Theyll ride this company into the ground before they make compelling stories with archetypal characters.

5 Likes

Is led by a Council. And yes, it’s 1 Male, 3 Female. However, the only one who actually does thing for the people as a whole is Merrix. The male member.

Brinthe does things in the interest of restoring the titan machinery. The other 2 are so obscure I dont think a single person here could tell you their names without looking it up.

The General and the Vizier, 2 of the 3 leaders, are male. And they make it very clear they’re much more powerful influence and strength wise than the Weaver.

If you try to say the Nerubian Queen, then you would have to extend the same privilege to the Isle of Dorn and Ringing Deeps that ended with male villains in those zones.

Faerin is not the leader of the Hallowfall Expedition, this woman is:

However, before you go “SEE ANOTHER WOMAN”:

This man is the leader of the Lamplighters, the faction in the expedition that actually matters lore wise.

??? It’s literally the first female main expansion villain in the entirety of WoW. Why are you acting like that’s a bad thing?

Vanilla - Technically Kel’thuzad, but all 3 raids feel like the “end” of a part of Vanilla, but all 3 are male.
BC - Illidan/Kil’Jaeden.
Wrath - Arthas.
Cata - Deathwing.
Pandaria - Garrosh.
WoD - Gul’Dan/Demon Dude (Hell, even the female iron horde leader got killed off in questing, not even a dungeon)
Legion - Argus/Sargeras
BFA - N’zoth (You can argue Sylvanas/Azshara, I guess?)
Shadowlands - Jailer
Dragonflight - Iridikron and Fyrakk (You can argue Razsageth, I guess?)

1 Like

Why are you here challenging the obvious? Its dishonest and detrimental to the health of the game. What is driving you to challenge these people who are pointing out the obvious? Why are you so upset people are pointing out this developer’s bias? Why do you want more people to leave a game that already bleeding players?

People like this are killing the game and deterring other from returning. We all want WoW to succeed, so stop lying, denying the obvious, and challenging those concerned about the clear developer bias on display this expansion.

11 Likes

Because they need a W so bad, they don’t care how many corpses it produces. Utopia is only one more firing squad away.

4 Likes

Who are you helping with this comment? You’re just insulting those who you disagree with. Its petty and proof of how flimsy your stance is.

I don’t think I’ve seen a better example of projecting.

6 Likes

Oh no, I’m with that 100%. The voice acting strengthens that, which is nice. I also question why they even have males and females. And things like ‘hair’ for ‘aesthetics’. In some aspect it feels like they derived from the Titans and in others not so much.

1 Like

Heaven forbid we move away from having nearly 100% male leads in the game.

Blockquote “If it’s toxic and obnoxious when/if a man does it, it’s not empowering for a woman to do it.”

Clearly you’re talkin about true equality in that sense. That is not the equality big game corps, and the media/government are pushing. If it’s bad for men to do it, then it is GOOD for women, and empowering. That is the “equality” that these people who are so out of touch with reality it’s not funny are pushing.

7 Likes

Heaven forbid we move away from having nearly 100% male leads in the game.

Heaven forbid we not act intentionally ignorant. People whine about “my inclusivity! My Diversity!”, and then instead of striking a balance, and don’t pretend that WoW hasn’t had female characters for years, they shift from this supposed “100% male leads” to 100% female leads. Instead of striking a balance, they literally just skipped the entire in-between area of the two extremes on the scale… but sure, act a clown and pretend to be that ignorant.

11 Likes

People getting mad they have to look at women instead of big burly men? idk seems kind of…

1 Like

fine… look the main problem in the lore for now.

• nice cinematic Khadgar vs Xala’that, but even though it was impressive it was anticlimactic in the fact how the guardian was defeated very easily, not even giving a great fight.

• Alleria and the Windrunners that would kill all of WoW if Blizzard doesn’t make a good narrative: if I had a nickel because a Windrunner ruined everything with their actions, you would have several nickels.

Between Sylvanas and Alleria the lore of Warcraft 3 and her arrogance and thirst for revenge did not go well, Alleria heroically goes out to stop the harbringer so that she is stopped by her whispers again, and interrupts Khadgar’s fight in vain so that only with the final word the guardian: this is my battle, something interesting but showing that the sisters ruin everything with their presence.

and for a second round, she does it again with her thirst for revenge by attacking Xala’that in front of an army of nerubians, she did not learn what her sister did only for Arthas’ revenge.

Tell me, are the writers fascinated with making meaningless deja’vu out of other characters, or are they lazy?

• Faerin and Taelia: If I had a nickel for each time they introduced a new female character about Anduin’s age descended from a famous human bloodline, who both have ae as the second and third letters of their name, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice.

Faerin is probably still not being said for now because she is a new WoW character but she questions a lot about her treatment that Blizzard made in developing her, and worse a character that seems more like a humiliation than something beautiful when she gives him her shield ending up recreating when Tom Holland gives her Infinity Gaunlet in Avengers: Endgame .

It’s not a good thing, but we are the main characters first and foremost, whether we are the female or male version, and Blizzard defined us like that in an MMO in the case that we fight against the bosses and the real villains in a raid, and it’s not very admirable that we do all the dirty work so that we come back like in BfA being the new pawns of some character who didn’t make it or had their moment in a book or in some RTS of the Warcraft trilogy.

In any case, it is not important if there are more male lead characters, or more female lead characters, the problem is that we hope that Blizzard will develop the lore of WoW well, let’s remember that we are starting the World Soulsaga, and with Mezten, and without Mezten, an error similar to Shadowlands or DF would ruin the entire development of the trilogy, making those left to be shown have nothing interesting for what is to come in this trilogy.

Go back and watch the cinematic. Those aren’t his last words. and that fight was over before Alleria showed up. that was the whole point.

What about the women who want to look at big burly men?

2 Likes

Hey man, the biggest admirers of buff dudes at the gym are other dudes.

1 Like

Wait WoW has a story???

do we know why?
or is it speculation of a few select people?