New xpack, all female leads? (Part 1)

Seems every story note has a female lead?

Earthen - Stone lady
Void - xal / alerria
Hallowfall - Lothar
Azj-kahet - half troll lady and the spider lady
*stormriders - lufsela

Even Anduin isn’t doing very much besides being sad. Just hope we get to see the lads later on at some point. War with the lads :triumph:

519 Likes

Anduin should abdicate and let his Aunty take the throne of Stormwind. She’s more powerful than he is anyways.

41 Likes

so…whats wrong with all female leads?

186 Likes

Who cares? I can understand being annoyed that Anduin is kind of lame right now, but why does it bother you that there are so many female leads? FFX-2 had an entirely female main cast. FF15 had an entirely male main cast. If anyone is bothered by that there is something wrong with them.

85 Likes

So much for equality.

206 Likes

Nothing in a vacuum, but this is a trend in almost all media, clearly trying to overcompensate for years of negligence and therefore feels forced af.

214 Likes

huh?
what are you talking about.

10 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with it. I don’t need the validation of being represented in a fantasy video game though.

31 Likes

Are we going with this as an observation, or a complaint?

4 Likes

Is Dagran not masculine enough?

6 Likes

who said anything about validation?

8 Likes

I miss WC3 Thrall.

101 Likes

Love and Thunder!

17 Likes

That’s not happening at all.

Ok, it’s happening, but it’s only a few characters.

Ok, it’s happening and it’s a lot of characters, but this is why it’s a good thing.

And finally,

Yes, it’s happening, and this is why you are a bad person for even noticing it.

250 Likes

The problem is not female… it’s writing. Red Sonja? See. Can be awesome.

But not gonna lie. Men doing something in any media today would be nice.

GW2 is handling this really well by just giving the players awesome bear people. No opportunity to insert politics when everyone = bears

58 Likes

The forums are full of it. It’s just suppressed today because of the EA whiners.

6 Likes

My guess is a lot of male WoW players actually prefer it. A lot (or even most?) of them even play female characters.

WoW players probably aren’t on the masculine end of the distribution on average. Although frankly the story was at its peak when it featured a mostly male cast from Warcraft 3 to Legion.

21 Likes

Was it the patriarchal era when 99% of games had male leads?

10 Likes

I guess Anduin and Thrall dont exist? Im question with Flynn right now.

9 Likes

The vast majority of world (political and business) leaders are still male even in the west even though 53% of voters are female (women have higher voter turnout).

4 Likes