New Raiding with Leashes achievement

I have now completed 4 sets of runs on the PTR – each raid on every difficulty.

Please note that RUN # 1 is a reposting of my original data listed above.

Side Note: Out of the 20 runs through HoF, not once did I get the Ravenous Prideling (which was last one I needed for achievement).

Here are the results of those runs:

TERRACE OF ENDLESS SPRING

MODE #1 #2 #3 #4
LFR NONE Azure Windseeker Spirit of the Spring Azure Windseeker
10N Azure Windseeker Spirit of the Spring NONE Azure Windseeker
10H NONE NONE Spirit of the Spring Spirit of the Spring
25N Azure Windseeker
Spirit of the Spring
NONE Azure Windseeker NONE
25H NONE Azure Windseeker NONE Azure Windseeker

MOGU’SHAN VAULTS

MODE #1 #2 #3 #4
LFR Comet Comet Stoneclaw NONE
10N Stoneclaw Comet
Baoh-Xi
NONE NONE
10H NONE Baoh-Xi Stoneclaw
Comet
Baoh-Xi
Stoneclaw
25N Wayward Spirit Wayward Spirit Comet
Baoh-Xi
Comet
25H Stoneclaw NONE NONE NONE

HEART OF FEAR

MODE #1 #2 #3 #4
LFR Spawn of Garalon Spawn of Garalon Kor'thik Swarmling Living Amber
10N NONE NONE Amberglow Stinger NONE
10H Kor'thik Swarmling
Amberglow Stinger
Spawn of Garalon
Amberglow Stinger
Spawn of Garalon
Living Amber
Kor'thik Swarmling
Living Amber
NONE
25N Amberglow Stinger NONE Kor'thik Swarmling
Amberglow Stinger
Spawn of Garalon
Amberglow Stinger
25H Amberglow Stinger NONE Amberglow Stinger
Living Amber
NONE
3 Likes

I have done 5 runs through these now various difficulties and have not got a single pet from HoF - have done 25 man heroic and normal and 10 man heroic.

I’m on my 6th toon, one run for each raid (no LFR), and I only need 2 more pets. shrugs RNG will be RNG

eta: One from ToS and one from MV, got the last two I needed from HoF on #5’s run.

I finished my 6th and I need 3 pets still - all from HoF. I think you got extremely lucky with those in HoF since there really isn’t many of them up on the AH either - especially the ravenous prideling.

I am going to run all the first 5 through LFR though since I didn’t realize to start I could get them from there.

1 Like

Got my Happiness.
Only took me 13 alts. ^^b

3 Likes

I did all three raids once last night and received three of the pets. Kor’thik Swarmling, Baoh-Xi, and Living Amber. I might run them a couple more times this weekend but not a fan of running things over and over ad nauseam. I’ll probably get tired of the raids and see if I can buy them on the AH.

1 Like

I just got mine, took me 8 I believe. Too bad the price of the pets are already so low on the ah since I have a lot of duplicates.

Discovered I definitely should level up my fire mage though - that fire armor is awesome for old content.

Are there any guides as to how to navigate these raids? I’m doing them, but it just seems like after a boss is defeated, there’s no way to go any further.

I didn’t do this content when it was current, since there is nothing I hate more in MMORPGs than raiding. Without the benefit of having previous experience in this content, I won’t be able to unlock all the bosses for the pets.

(If you could spare me any condescending crap about how easy it is, or how linear it is, and how stupid I must be to not be able to figure this out, I’d appreciate that.)

1 Like

Which raid are you stuck in?

All three of them.

Also, what difficulty are you running the raids on? Normal & Heroic would have all bosses available as you kill the previous ones. LFR is split into wings and thus would limit the bosses in MSV & HoF to their wings.

1 Like

YouTube videos can be a good way to find about things you’re stuck on.

I’m using Lorewalker Han and I’m using whatever the default settings are.

I know you’re not a fan of WoWhead, but it looks like Icy Veins has walkthroughs for the MoP raids.

Ah, LFR. I didn’t run that; sorry I can’t be of any help.

Ok, so LFR mode. Give me just a second to break down the bosses in each wing for you. Info incoming.

Terrace of Endless Spring – all bosses available as 1 wing

Protectors of the Endless - kill the 4 Apparitions of Fear surrounding them and the 3 Protectors will then be available to kill

Tsulong - after the Protectors die, stay in same area and Tsulong will fly to you

Lei-Shi - starts off hiding, but is surrounded by Water Elementals, just keep killing them and she will keep appearing for you to attack

Sha of Fear - Once Lei-Shi is defeated, she will ask for your help cleansing the water - just follow her up the stairs to battle Sha

Mogu’shan Vaults - 2 wings available on LFR ( Guardians of Mogu’shan & The Vault of Mysteries )

Guardians of Mogu’shan wing

• The Stone Guard - Shared health, so just attacking 1 of the large Quilen in back of room will trigger start of fight
  • Feng the Accursed - After killing the Stone Guard, proceed into next section & walk into the Mogu that appear frozen, that will trigger the wisp to move & activate them - then you kill then, wisp will move to group of Mogu - walk into them as well to start fight — Once the group is dead, the Feng will become available
  • Gara’jal the Spiritbinder - Once Feng is dead, make your way to where all the Zandalari are located – kill all of them to trigger the boss fight

Once Gara’jal is dead – leave your group as that ends this wing

The Vault of Mysteries wing

• The Spirit Kings - Proceed into next room and speak with Lorewalker Cho to start the next section – As each group of NPCs is triggered, kill them – Once all 4 groups are dead, follow Cho up the stairs to fight the 4 Spirit Kings — Once they are dead, Cho will call for you to join him in the secret passage – Follow him – you can avoid the Mogu & jinyu mobs if you wish – take the first right turn as you walk through their section – keep following it around to reach next boss
  • Elegon - kill the mobs you see as you come into the room, once they are dead, meet Cho next to the console panel – tell him to start it up — then Elegon will appear and you can start his fight — pay attention to floor cause if you take too long to kill him, the floor does despawn as a mechanic of the fight
  • Will of the Emperor - Once Elegon is dead, make your way back out to where the Mogu & Jinyu mobs were earlier – take a right as you reach them – then kill the 3 Mogu standing around the console panel — click console panel to start fight — go down into lower level — kill all the mobs that appear from the alcoves until the 2 large boss mobs appear – kill them to complete the raid & then leave the group.

Heart of Fear - 2 wings available on LFR ( The Dread Approach & Nightmare of Shek’zeer )

The Dread Approach wing:

• Imperial Vizier Zor’lok - Make your way through the Antechamber, killing mobs as you go. Once you reach the Oratorium, kill all the mobs to make boss available. He will be in the air above you. Hit him to start fight & room will fill with a pheremone gas (which limits your attacks while in it). Depending on length of fight, he might make several platform changes, just keep following him to each one until he is dead. Once dead, go back up the stairs you initially came down and take a right.
  • Blade Lord Ta’yak - If you kill the 4 Instructors before they return to their alcoves, it does speed up the fight by pulling all the Korthik Silentwings to you. The boss is now available to kill. Be warned, if you do not kill him quick enough, then he starts his Storm Unleashed mechanic once he reaches 20%. This fills the main pathway with tornadoes that you must dodge in order to reach boss at end of room. Once boss is dead, head down the main pathway and follow stairs to next area.
  • Garalon - Start by clearing the Terrace of all the Mantid. Then Garalon will fly to you and start the boss fight. Just kill him to finish wing and leave group.

Nightmare of Shek’zeer wing:

• Wind Lord Mel’jarak - You will zone in where Garalon died, just follow ramp ahead of you to the upper level to reach this boss. He has a large group of adds with him, just kill them all and then kill him. Once he is dead, follow stairs directly across from boss area to reach next boss.
  • Amber-Shaper Un’sok - Keep following hallway, killing mobs as you encounter them. Take a right as you leave first hall and then take 1st right and go up those stairs to reach the Amber Research Sanctum where boss is. You can head straight to boss to start fight. Once he reaches 70%, he will summon the Amber Montrosity add. Kill that add and the resulting blobs. Boss will then move to center of room - follow him there. If he survives too long, he will do Reshape Life mechanic, which will turn you into a Mutated Construct and most likely kill you.
  • Grand Empress Shek’zeer - Once Un’sok is dead, just head down the opened doorway behind where he was initially standing to reach the Empress. Follow ramp down to lower level and clear all the mobs there. Once they are dead, the Empress will spawn. Just burn her down to finish this wing and the raid. You can then leave the group.
4 Likes

Wow. Thank you very much for being so thorough. I did get all of this one, at least. It was so short, I thought there would be more.

Thanks very much. Separate wings. Now I see why the bosses weren’t spawning. I only got one pet, but he’s an interesting one. I got Comet. Visually appealing and an interesting moveset. Maybe he has possibilities.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. All 3 raids are detailed in my previous post. Hope it helps you. Best of luck with your drops.

1 Like

Helped a huge amount. I was hoping there was some kind of guide for someone doing the raiding with leashes achievement (I can’t be the only person who hates raiding), but it looks like you wrote one. With every pet I have all levelled and rare quality, good to see I have some new pets to level.

Up to four of them now, and still have some 120s to go through it with.

1 Like

Glad that it helped.

=)