New Raiding with Leashes achievement

Who do you give the Lesser Charms to? No one seems to want to take them.

I’m at the Shrine right now. The only person who has a quest icon above him is the Cyclone, and he isn’t offering any seals.

Elder Lin is the NPC for Alliance & Elder Liao is the NPC for Horde. They are both found on the ground levels of the Shrines (as in below the Terrace, actually on the ground).

Alliance: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=33134/warforged-seals

Horde: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=33133/warforged-seals

Thank you so much. It was extremely frustrating to me. You’d think that would be the most basic thing in the world, but Wowhead doesn’t mention who I’m supposed to give it to, nor do the comments.

You’re welcome.

The fact that RWL has finally caught up with current raid design poses some interesting questions.

Will RWL pets be able to be bonus rolled like any other raid pet given that they have no prior history of being acquirable in this fashion? After all, there have always been exceptions for bonus loot.

Will they drop on LFR effectively allowing you to bypass regular progression and teleport straight to the bosses you need?

If yes to either, will drop rates be adjusted accordingly, or will acquisition be even quicker than before?

Will there be more difficulty dependent ones like the Drudge Ghoul/Wicked Soul?

The new RWL VI pets were updated in today’s PTR build.

• 5 pets from Heart of Fear
  • 4 pets from Terrace of Endless Spring
  • 2 pets from Mogu’shan Vaults

No difficulty requirement listed in the Pet Journal, but the ICC end-pets didn’t list any specific raid difficulty either. Guess it’s up to us to test on the PTR and figure it out.

1 Like

Just finished running every difficulty. Here are the results of my drops:

LFR:

• No pets dropped in Terrace of Endless Spring

• Comet = Elegon (Mogu’shan Vaults)

• Spawn of Garalon = Garalon (Heart of Fear)

10 Normal:

• Azure Windseeker = Tsulong (Terrace of Endless Spring)

• Stoneclaw = Stone Guard (Mogu’shan Vaults)

• No pets dropped in Heart of Fear

10 Heroic:

• No pets dropped in Mogu’shan Vaults

• Kor’thik Swarmling = Imperial Vizier Zor’lok (Heart of Fear)

• Amberglow Stinger = Blade Lord Ta’yak (Heart of Fear)

• Spawn of Garalon = Garalon (Heart of Fear)

25 Normal:

• Azure Windseeker = Tsulong (Terrace of Endless Spring)

• Spirit of the Spring = Lei Shi (Terrace of Endless Spring)

• Wayward Spirit = Gara’jal the Spiritbinder (Mogu’shan Vaults)

25 Heroic:

• Stoneclaw = Stone Guard (Mogu’shan Vaults)

• Comet = Elegon (Mogu’shan Vaults)

I did not get any from doing bonus rolls, but honestly I wasn't rolling them every time.

3 Likes

did you try pressing w?

What are you talking about?

just wondering how you can get lost in soo, it’s quite linear

1 Like

Oh, okay. So it was your intention to be useless. Got it. I will keep that in mind the next time I encounter one of your posts and not waste my time.

It is indeed regrettable that this forum doesn’t have a block/ignore function. At least not yet. I’m aware there are rules, but trolls gonna troll.

2 Likes

hokay, no need to be upset broski
geez people are easily offended these days…

4 Likes

I never found SOO to be linear. There are doors there, and I see mobs behind them, but they don’t open. So, me, apparently being the biggest idiot ever to play World of Warcraft, wonders if I missed something. Is there a key somewhere from some NPC that I didn’t get? Something I need to stand on? Some lever I didn’t pull?

I dislike raiding and always did. Every time I’ve raided it was to help someone else. I never had the advantage of going through SOO when it was current. Precisely because I couldn’t have been less interested. Also, there is the part when you just get off the docks. And me, being the biggest idiot ever to play WoW, simply assumed I could follow the map and get to the actual entrance of Orgrimmar. Nuh-uh. Certain towers have to be taken, mobs killed and cannons disabled. Otherwise you drop dead.

Then I get to Orgrimmar, killed the Shaman NPC, and had no idea where I was supposed to go after that. After some rooting around (Wowhead was good about telling us what we had to do next, but not so good about telling us which direction to go to get there.)

Sorry, I didn’t know! I’ve never been in there before. I never wanted to be. And now that I have been, I realize I didn’t miss much. Huge dungeons and since I can’t mount up, going through them is long and boring, just to kill some stupid boss mob and pray it drops the pet I want.

Thanks for testing this. I know it’s a very small sample size, but going purely by your drop experiences it seems like Normal (10 or 25) is the way to go for now.

I hope pets not dropping from bonus rolls is just bad RNG, but we’ll see. When did the bonus roll mechanic get implemented? Was it in MoP? If so, maybe we won’t see RWL pets added to bonus roll loot tables since they weren’t available for previous RWL sets. Non-RWL raid pets can be bonus rolled, but they’re kind of a unique/different case… so… idk.

You’re welcome. Glad to help.

It was first implemented in MoP.

I went there for the first time without a group to follow a couple of weeks ago. I just followed the in-game map to determine which way to go. The last time I had been there it was current and I never led the way. Just followed others. I found it very straight forward.

Through the mines, teleport to Orgrimmar. Up the beach. Into the city. Follow the main road through The DRAG into the Cleft of Shadows. Down through Ragefire Chasm to an Elevator. Then through the underground complex.

1 Like

I’m kinda PO’ed about this one because the Pandaria raids already HAD a bunch of pets.

The meta achievement should have just recognized that you already had them all, instead of adding a bunch of NEW pets.

1 Like

Is there a post in here somewhere that shows which raids we’re supposed to do to get the old pets? I looked and I can’t find a comprehensive list of which raids I want and which pets I’m trying to get.

If you’re looking for a list of existing pets from only Mists of Pandaria raids, see this list:
https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/filter/?src=raid&expansion=4

Hit CTRL F and search for the following raids:

• Siege of Orgrimmar
  • Throne of Thunder
    (any other pet and raid listed is from a previous Raiding With Leashes set that was released during MoP)
1 Like

Here’s a quickly assembled list. hope it helps some :slight_smile:

1 (vanilla)
mini mindslayer, anubisath idol, viscidus globule - ahn’qiraj
giant bone spider, fungal abomination, stitched pup - naxxramas
harbinger of flame, corefire imp, ashstone core - molten core
untamed hatchling, chrominius, death talon whelpguard - blackwing lair

2 (burning crusade part 1)
lil bad wolf, menagerie custondian, netherspace abyssal, fiendish imp - kharazan
tideskipper, tainted waveling, coilfang stalker - serpentshrine cavern
pocket reaver, lesser voidcaller, phoenix hawk hatchling - tempest keep

3 (burning crusade part 2)
grotesque, stinkrot, hyjal wisp - hyjal summit
leviathan hatchling, abyssius, fragment of anger/suffering/desire, sister of temptation - black temple
sunblade micro-defender, chaos pup, wretched servant - sunwell plateau

4 (wrath of the lich king)
dreadmaw, nerubian swarmer - trial of the crusader
magma rageling, ironbound protowhelp, runeforged servitor, sanctum cub, winter rageling, snaplasher, go-r41-on ultratonk, creeping tentacle - ulduar
boneshard, blood boil, blightbreath, soulbroken whelpling, drudge ghoul, wicked soul - icecrown citadel

5 (cataclysm)
tinytron, discarded experiment, rattlejaw - blackwing descent
twilight clutch-sister, bound stream, faceless minion - bastion of twilight
drafty, zephyrian prince - throne of the four winds
blazehound, cinderweb recluse, surger, infernal pyreclaw - firelands
faceless mindlasher, corrupted blood, unstable tendril - dragon soul

6 (pandaria) - PTR, subject to change
stoneclaw, wayward spirit, comet, baoh-xi - mogu’shan vaults
korthik swarmling, amberglow stinger, spawn of garalong, living amber, ravenous prideling - heart of fear
azure windseeker, spirit of the spring - terrace of endless spring

7 Likes