New Increasing Cooldown for Changing Layers

We recently developed a hotfix that restricts frequent layer-hopping, without impacting those who simply wish to play with their friends. Following realm restarts earlier today, this hotfix is now live in all realms in the Americas and Oceania region.

Now, each time a player moves to a new layer, there will be an increasing amount of time before that player can move to another layer. If a player moves between layers multiple times over a short timeframe, the cooldown can increase to a duration of several minutes (or longer) before they can change layers again. The cooldown will then decrease over time for players who don’t change layers.

This hotfix will become active in other regions following their next realm restarts.

Thank you!

121 Likes

First

Good news, hopefully minutes is enough to have someone actively exploiting the mechanic stop but it seems low imo

40 Likes

Ty, hopefully this will slow down the layer abuse.

9 Likes

And still you will still hear it from people…

5 Likes

Woot!!! But shouldn’t of this been added before release ???

48 Likes

Good to hear though we should not use too many resources on fixing layering as it should be removed entirely ASAP.

Any news on punishing previous layering abuses?

38 Likes

Thanks, but why was this not in place earlier before all these aeo classes abused it to level and gain advantage. Guess better late as they say.

11 Likes

Awesome, now i wont see the LookingForGroup Channel spammed with Layer changers.

7 Likes

Punishments would have gone out already if they were coming.

2 Likes

How about you just remove layering. It’s a cancer on Classic.

53 Likes

Well then… I was hoping I was wrong when I said that… lol

Remember those Lines to kill mobs at launch day? Yeah that will be every single Day if they remove layers. I’d rather not spend 2 hours to kill 1 lvl 15 NONE ELITE Quest Mob again.

13 Likes

Hope to see those people punished soon though that did use exploits until the time those exploits were tried to be fixed.

9 Likes

They will be removed before the next phase.

8 Likes

Incompetence or they just left it like that so “some people” could abuse it and then “fix” it later when said people abused it already.

10 Likes

spoil sports :slight_smile:

That is not really a deterrent. Economy is getting more messed up everyday and people are still layer hopping to avoid PVP.

16 Likes

Any chance the Warchief’s Blessing can apply to all layers instead of just the layer the person who triggered it is on?

4 Likes

Several minutes? HAHAHA

This does nothing.

19 Likes