New Fresh Start Realms Available with Pre-expansion Patch

war mode sucks because its different layers. They just need a PvE server too or make the one PvE.

i’m not exactly sure how this is a good idea. The PvP community has had multiple attempts at balanced PvP play. They instead chose to abandon their servers, leaving them to die in favor of PvP realms where they grossly outnumbered the other faction. Even then they have the ability to go to Grob if they want to maintain a semblance of balance and instead chose not to.

So what? Blizzard is magically going to gain some kind of a balance from all these players who have willingly chosen to abandon servers in favor of their faction dominating over something like Grob? What rational mind is going to believe players who willingly chose to leave their servers for mega servers or to specifically spit on any semblance of balance is going to magically roll on a fresh server for the “balanced” PvP they had a shot at and shunned?

3 Likes

What about the Oceanic server? You forget that there is a region there? Also we will now end up with a ton of non-english speakers from latin america on this server too if you dont give them one.

1 Like

I hate to break it to you, but Classic already has layers. Again, you missed the point where if you have multiple servers, you don’t have enough players for either. That’s their determination, anyway. If they thought they needed multiple servers, they would have done it. And making the one server PvE doesn’t fix the problem. It just pisses off the other portion of players.

1 Like

I’m not sure if you’ve seen the recent post floating around where they’re talking about server balance. They have some ideas on ways to promote balance, or in the worst alternative, buff underpopulated factions. Worth a read. I’m skeptical but I also truthfully feel a bit optimistic about it. Maybe it’s just the copium.

It’s not just ganking. World PVP is janky nonsense. It’s not fun to me at all.

But the actual thing that makes me angry is that they waited until four days out to tell a big chunk of the playerbase that “Hey, we know you were excited about fresh WotLK ANYWAY it’s completely incompatible with how you like to play the game, haha **** you”

11 Likes

still a bad decision it’s not PvE if they are having just one.

It’s a business that’s going to lose a lot of money by not including one pve server.

2 Likes

Ironforge.pro is only raiders. It doesn’t include all the casuals who don’t raid or even the ones who don’t log raids.

1 Like

You think you want a PVE server, but you don’t.

1 Like

As someone who played on Tich for years, I’m pretty sure I know what I want. Thank you though for your assumption.

2 Likes

Put the PvE server in OCE:)

1 Like

Do not allow GDKP in this server.

3 Likes

edited: Oh nevermind they made an update after I posted.

Well they could clarify some things. For one thing the server they announced people want to know what time zone…

As to those of us that expected a fresh pve server… Not that many days ago a post came out that said “fresh start realms” would be available after the downtime. That specific page has been edited… there is still one from 10 days ago that mentions “fresh start realms”.

The wording is of course interesting that this one server will be available immediantly. So we assume that’s all they are releasing… if they have a pve realm that will be up at a certain time they could save themselves a lot of grief. Or they could clarify that nope it’s just this one server and then people can make their choices on what they do.

3 Likes

Kinda like how they made enough servers at classic launch? They’re never right. They had to add more servers then. They need another now.

Inb4 “we were blown away by the turn out for fresh despite the community talking (arguing) about it since tbc was announced.”

1 Like

Thank you. All i asked for.

What you worried about ping from east to west? think about us in Australia with our 400ms pings now they are only doing one fresh…!!!

1 Like

I’ve updated the original post in this thread.

Following a great deal of feedback from players, we will open two new Fresh Start realms during maintenance on Tuesday:

Skyfury (PvP)
Maladath (Normal)

50 Likes

Oceanic!!!

8 Likes

Thank god, a right move… finally

13 Likes