New forum function - posting anonymously, as Anonymous

It would be nice if forums would have an option to post and reply anonymously. People are already biased and mean over some forum users for no reason.

This would greatly increase self-confidence, privacy, security.

That’s all.

11 Likes

U are basically doing that already, level 10, cannot see ur profile???

51 Likes

If you want anonymity go to Reddit.

Also there’s a reason 99.99% of the time why someone isn’t liked. Could be a poor reason but still a reason.

10 Likes

nope. the forums need battletags, to prevent people from sockpuppeting.

no more posting on level 55 classic dk’s, no more hidden profiles. battle tag it up.

yep, that even means no more posting on my forum mage. I’m good with that.

93 Likes

Another vote for battletags.

52 Likes

Another vote for battletags and an end to sockpuppeting.

I’m biased and mean towards users who have proven themselves to be repeat liars.

That’s a very good reason, thank you very much.

36 Likes

Throwing in my support for all posters to use battletag.
No more anonymity

43 Likes

Your Battletag, and your character name, are already public nicknames you selected. They do not reveal any personal information.

Forum posting should be by Battletag, with the character selected as an avatar. No more treating each character as a separate forum account. The whole point is to hold one account responsible for their actions, good or bad. You earn your reputation and are going to have to to deal with the consequences.

If you want anon posting, there are other websites for that.

P.S. Sometimes I miss downvotes.
:-1: :-1: :-1:

98 Likes

It’s already anonymous, unless you just so happen to be a level 10 Night Elf Hunter in the real world lol.

Lol wut?

14 Likes

Say what now?

5 Likes

I’ve posted on this character and none other for 25,000+ posts, very frequently making people mad.

In all those years I’ve gotten two in-game hate mails, which I saved copies of in the bank to chuckle at later. I have never been contacted by anyone or harassed in any way.

26 Likes

Nope, that’ll lead to even more trolling.

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten one. It would be hilarious!

2 Likes

While we are switching to BattleTags, we should disable hiding of profiles too. Or at least make them just as easy to ignore as people who don’t have them hidden…

4 Likes

Oh they were lol

Did this just become a “the forums need to use battletags” thread?..because the forums need to use battletags!

13 Likes

I’ve gotten 3. All from angry Alliance players.

1 Like

I’ve only gotten one from the person that was pushing their “social credit score” addon on the forums. I’m so glad that never took off.

5 Likes

How about this…

NO

10 Likes

I got one from T virus a long time back.

2 Likes