NElf Genocide Didn't Happen

You heard it here, apparently the genocide of the NElves didn’t happen on Alpha.
They retconned it out.
Gotta do all they can to make sure the Horde isn’t evil.
Tyrande is now a villain with this change.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309015474811830274/702677632617283634/af5b99d2807dae24d6ac30ab1287cceb.png

60 Likes

Jesus christ.

This can’t be true. It’s too dumb to be true.
What was the point of the burning then?

96 Likes

Ah, the “Armenian Approach”.

120 Likes

Hoping Blizzard does the right thing or at the very least doesn’t do the worst thing is exhausting. I don’t think I can keep doing it anymore.

It’s to the point where the new intro strings for Forsaken just say this: “As one of the undead Forsaken, you have been reanimated by dark magic. Though shunned by the living, you tirelessly strive to protect them.”

Who do they think they’re fooling? Oh, right, every new player that hits this game…

21 Likes

Wow they are really washing this up so hordes can feel good uh?

60 Likes

IT was just a Christmas attempt gone wrong. Sylvanas was trying to please father Christmas but the tree caught on fire.

Nothing happened. Please look away. Nothing happened at Teldrassil Square

62 Likes

Well… I have a headache now.

Normally I’m not unhappy with what Blizz does, but this is just ridiculous.

33 Likes

I think I get it from a new player perspective, your new character wasn’t there for the Burning of Teldrassil and everything, but it’s going to create even more confusion and story inconsistencies as a result. People doing the War Campaign will be wondering why the hell Tyrande and Saurfang are acting the way they are among other things.

Teldrassil happened regardless of whether people liked it or not. We all need to deal with the consequences.

37 Likes

I don’t really know what to say. A Nelf revenge arc could have been fun. It’s gonna be very difficult to pretend this didn’t happen.

27 Likes

Ion and the horde devs at it again

53 Likes

Heck this is not even to make the horde feel good, this is to make Sylvanas less evil, probably setting up her to be the big hero all along.

41 Likes

Might be seeing things wrong, but that link merely says that they’re sticking with the idea the Horde is actually trying to change, not that the genocide didn’t happen. After all, there’s a gigantic lump of charcoal off the coast of Darkshore that says it did happen.

13 Likes

Please don’t say that :cry:

4 Likes

Oh boy, I can just imagine the discussion threads … when there’s a retcon of a retcon …

3 Likes

Teldrassil deniers lol

32 Likes

Did you not read the part where they removed the references to Teld from the BFA starter?

3 Likes

How does that mean they’re retconning the genocide?

6 Likes

Or are they Teldrassil truthers? :thinking:

6 Likes

That pretty much denies the whole alliance experience though. “Forsaken just did an oopsie, don’t worry, they are teh tragic heroes all along”

When it comes to wow lore, at least with Sylvanas, ALWAYS expect the worst. You don’t get disappointed later that way.

10 Likes

If Teldrassil didn’t happen, then it was the Alliance who started the war by launching an unprovoked attack to Undercity!
I knew it!

17 Likes