NE genocide didn't happen - Redshirt Guy

Well… I am genuinely speechless.

25 Likes

16 Likes

So new players skip the siege of lordaeron I guess.

Wow. I’m speechless.

9 Likes

Uh.

Look, I hated the burning of Teldrassil

But it’s important information! If you didn’t want to associate Horde with it, then ya shouldn’t have done it, blizz.

Sure, new players will never get to do the burning, cause it was a one time event. And as such will never have that on their hands. But still, it’s a rather essential part of this faction’s history now.

105 Likes

So what will be the explanation for Night Elves (and Forsaken) not having a home?

This is insane.

34 Likes

Oh it still happened, new players just don’t get told at first.

They aren’t retconning the genocide, they just aren’t exposing newbies to it for some reason.

15 Likes

The same cause, everyone in here is jumping the gun, for one redshirt guy didnt say anything was retconned, he said referances to those events where removed for a new player.

13 Likes

Nomi REALLY doesn’t know how to make a Darnassian Bleu.

45 Likes

The way I see it, cause kind of like keeping it current time, giving a new player a vanilla experience and not throwing a bunch of lore they wont even know about in there face.

But like when do they find out then :expressionless:

LMAO. This is nuts!

Are they hoping to introduce a tonne of lore and characters between levels 1 to 10 to mitigate the horrific act of Sylvanas (and the Horde and Horde PCs as accessories)?

1 Like

It’s a nice try on Blizzard’s part and all but nobody is going to let them forget they had one faction commit genocide. It’s as much a shame on them as it is the Horde now.

32 Likes

Folks, they’re just making the xpac jump less confusing and taking out parts that won’t make sense.

Nothing “didn’t happen”.

14 Likes

Probably trying to downplay the Wehraboo vibe.

But yes, this is a hilariously stupid decision.

3 Likes

Us

“Anduin kinda forgot about the night elf genocide”

30 Likes

What is the intro to Zand/KT?

Cause, the burning gets brought up in the Horde intro when we meet Saurfang. Or do new players not do the extraction and just get on a ship with Talanji at Bladefist and head to Zandalar?

7 Likes

No they are just limiting how fast lore gets shown to new players, like a new player doesnt need to get introdued to rapid fire lore that bfa brought like lol they dont even know what lorderan or teld is when one first starts.

1 Like

Yea, removing references of Teldrassil SOUNDS more likely, especially since it’s been nothing but awful for everyone involved.

Though, at this point I would not be surprised if they just start retconning large swaths of lore.

3 Likes

When exactly is the Horde player supposed to find out about the burning?

Its not exactly easy to access or come across.

7 Likes