Need more character slots please!

Some of us have two accounts and still have no room for the next allied race.

1 Like

I’m sitting on nearly 30 characters, with the majority of them level 110+. I leveled them just to have them, but I rarely (if ever) use them.

50 seems very generous, but I guess some players feel the need to just level, level, level until they run out of space.

1 Like

Didn’t blizz day a while ago that if people can show they legitimately play 50 toons they’d look into increasing it

Having level cap doesn’t mean you play them btw

No, that was a green who had no authority and was not interested when people surprised him by actually showing they were playing so many at once.

2 Likes

Data nerd here. Did you know that if you want one of every race / class / faction combo, you are looking at 202 total characters, with the release of Vulpera and Mechagnome? This is considering Alliance and Horde Pandaren separately. That’s now five total accounts you would need.

I know I’m in the minority, but I was one of the ones who responded to Ion when he asked (paraphrasing), “How many people could actually have that many characters?” To date, I have 127 total characters, ranging from 18 to 120. Yes, that means I have three accounts. That also means that I need a system to manage them, which I use an Access database and Excel for all of my online RPG characters.

Other MMOs do allow more, namely Star Wars: The Old Republic (limit per server, but account is well over 50. I should know), and the late City of Heroes, among others.

3 Likes

I forgot today was the start of timewalking week :frowning:

That will show 45 characters

It says 42 120s but it’s 44. 1 120 I deleted to make room for an allied race, 1 I transferred to another account. Going to transfer another toon to my second account so I can undelete that 120 but currently active on this account

42 120s
1 80 (For Herald of the Titans FoS, then will go to 120)
1 110 twink
4 allied races I’m leveling now @37,58,44,54
68 Pally 86 warrior I restored from another account to be leveled after AR

I used to want a higher cap as well, but since that’s looking unlikely I’m looking into 5boxxing :slight_smile: Then I can split my army up across 5 accounts and have a 250 cap :heart:

Yes please. When you play for 15 years the alts really pile up, especially when new race/class combos keep getting added! I’ve been at cap for a while now and have to delete alts to create new ones, which sucks because I ran out of alts I truly do not care about a long time ago and there’s no telling if the newly created alt will stick.

1 Like

Almost all of them aren’t max level and are mainly played to scratch leveling itches. I don’t see much point in having more than 3-5 characters at cap.

1 Like

Not all are max level. Not all are used to do current content. Not all are on the same server or faction.

This has nothing to do with time spent and everything to do with having availability.

This isn’t some sort of mental issue. Fifteen years of roleplaying and other things across different servers collects many characters for many different reasons. Let’s not insult people over things others aren’t willing to understand.

Because not all are played at the same time. Nor are all of them max level for some people. Nor do they all run the same content. Some are sentimental. Some are for specific play types with different friends. There’s a myriad of reasons.

Or I guess some people feel the need to have different characters at different levels for different reasons and different play styles.

2 Likes

It is just hard for me to really understand. I mean I could imagine that for many of them you might not even play them for months. It is just odd to me to have that many characters, knowing most of them don;t actually get played much at all.

It’s not a dig at people, I just have a hard enough time working on 3 max level characters. I couldn’t imagine trying to juggle a full roster of 50 is all :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s also easy to forget that at one point it was more practical to have per-spec characters (e.g. George is an arms warrior while Joebob is a prot warrior) than to swap specs on one character. Several of my alts are products of that, and while multispeccing is “easier” now (in quotes due to the azerite/essence nonsense) it feels weird to play those characters as anything but what they were rolled as.

2 Likes

I get that. Just as it’s hard for me to understand people who only have one character.

But I’m not going to begrudge someone something they want if it doesn’t affect me and try to say it’s unnecessary. Because I’m not them. And while I may not understand it, I see no reason to put down a request when it has no negative effect on me.

I never understood why people come into these threads to tell people this sort of stuff. It doesn’t affect them. So why even comment and make them look like there’s something wrong with the way they play, even if that’s not the intention? :woman_shrugging:t2:

Flag on the play! First off I didn’t put anyone down nor did I say it was unnecessary. I only asked people how they manage to deal with 50 different characters.

I have no problem with them expanding the number of character slots…

No no, I’m talking in general. Not about you specifically. My apologies.

Maybe they could itemize them, and allow players to sell them to other players. You know, like the WoW Token. That is, if their initial reason is for server space. it becomes a zero-sum experiment at that point.

More character slots! I support OP.

2 Likes

Actually, it was Ion that said it in a Q & A back when they used to do those.

Something like this would definitely have a negative effect on quite a few people if it ended up raising the sub fee.

Please show me how anything else implemented, from new servers, Connected Realms, the ability to have more characters on a server, new races, new content, etc has ever upped the sub fee.

Read the rest of the thread and stop insulting people.

2 Likes

I imagine anyone with this many “alts” has either:
-restartitus ( look it up lol ) and an unwillingness to let go of the past no matter how insignificant
-a biiig problem and is addicted to the game
-is doing something weird/shady with that act

No one can manage 50 alts to begin with and blizz knows this, esp since legion the game has never been more alt unfriendly and blizz doesnt want people playing alts. They do however want your money so no one should expect them to budge on this limit. Buy another act.

There has never been anyone who legitimately plays 50+ alts. No one has proved it yet.

I agree with their stance on this.