Please Blizz Remove the 50 Character Cap

I’m all for this. I just purged my list. Wish I didn’t have to do that. I like creating characters with backstories and personalities. They all have their place, and most of them wouldn’t be deleted.

They could sell slots individually and in discounted bundles. I know they’d very likely make money off of me. I’ll never buy and pay for a second account.

4 Likes

Don’t neglect to mention that it’s always the same tauren manure ‘reasons’ (the same) people throw up against the raising of the cap or making slots buyable.

2 Likes

A fair take.

My concern is that games cost a lot to make, and little costs like we see in the game shop and qol things like more character slots is often a low impact way to increase the amount of money a company can get to offset such costs…

Now wow being a game with a subscription lessens that argument some especially given how… lackluster wow has been the last few years, but I usually reach for a pay option on account of I think it would be more reasonable for Blizzard in the end, as well as assist in keeping the game going with another flow of money.

Perhaps there is a middle ground though?

Blizzard increases the base character count to say 100 and then adds the option to get more with a transaction?

1 Like

In other games I have paid 15.- for an added slot. Though since WoW is a subscription game, I’d say 5-10 should be the max. getting a full 50 more (which can also be done with a second sub) would cost far more then the extra sub, but I’d pay it for the convenience it would give me.

Some games I’ve played also gave slots on account age. So the older your account the more slots, Seems like something that could work for WoW, also.

I think her interpretation of what you said is that you can’t leave that space blank if they create last names

Yep, the character cap is what made me start multiboxxing :+1:

I thought I had a lot of characters…and I have one of each class…3 paladins, 6 DKs(leveled some for the heritage armor), two monks, 3 DHs, and maybe…5 lowbie toons. That is still A LOT…HOW do you have the need for 50 characters?

I second this hard, i want to be able to do between 60-70 chars per faction on 1 account :smiley:

100 :smiley: or 200 :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

I’d be happy with 75 characters. I need more Gnomes to feed and care for.

:cookie:

7 Likes

I second this hard, THIS is the WAY!

…how…dude do you just play wow to level alts? I am not making fun here, I am sincerely confused lol

God’s I do…

Not really… But I do make lots of alts.

I like stories and make many.

1 Like

Kinda, i like how they look all unique in each transmog, and well i do play sometimes various of the same class, when im bored, just to chill and repeat old or new content.

The main story is some times compelling just to repeat it. with a new characters.

It depends on the mood

No, it just doesn’t change the first name options at all. And it makes it worse.

We just must like entirely different things. Questing is like shoving needles inbetween my fingernails lol. Me and the GF are leveling toons and the only fun I am having on it is making jokes about her riding my rocket (have the RAF rocket) and stuff while we quest lol

Blizzard should change it to 51 so most of us can sit back and eat popcorn while we watch heads explode.

I’d say it varies (me personally), it comes mostly to the mood of the day; at the end of BFA i was raiding hard, 5/10 Nyalotha mythic, on only 1 char.

On WoD (which i had a lot of fun), i raided on 5 characters, that no longer exist

On BFA pre Shadowlands i started leveling tons of characters, i like to over level zones and stuff.

If you compare endgame and leveling, the only difference is the instanced content.

WQ, Dailies and Weeklies are just the same thing over and over. I personally rather, enjoy the over all story at my own pace with different characters (different role playing reasons) and collect transmogs

I have this feeling as well. I have some characters I don’t actively play, but that I have memories associated with - so I find it really hard to delete them.

2 Likes

I’d be willing to lose some of my characters’ names if that’s the issue. Just let me pick 50 at any given time and lock their names, but make me rename the others if someone somehow wants them on my dead server.

If the issue with the cap is truly the names, I’m good with losing them. Their names are something else in TRP anyways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like