Nathanos pre patch cinematic (spoilers)

The only thing that’s changed about Nathanos since the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand upon Four is that he has a new body upgrade, he quit the Horde, and he’s currently dead.

Danuser ain’t self inserting through him. He’s behaving exactly the same as he always has.

9 Likes

And yet Danuser likes to wax poetic on how Sylvanas’s playful insults(ones insinuating that he is incompetent) sting.

And people like waxing poetic about Tyrande, does that mean-- ohhh, you sly dog.

4 Likes

I’m there with you; her fans are legion, her popularity is through the roof, the developers love her, fans love her. I think when she gets redeemed its all gonna come back to undoing the the work Arthas did to her soul and making her whole again in some sort of compacity. The possibilities are endless.

5 Likes

No, people are saying that the extremist should chill out with their mad ravings, head canon and conspiracy theories. In light of the fact that Blizzard is moving the story forward which includes resolution for Teldrassil and the Night Elves as evidenced by Tyrande taking out Nathanos in a way that posters such as yourself say should have happened a while ago.

Just because the story isn’t moving at a pace you like didn’t mean it isn’t moving. This is a step, how many are needed to resolve things only Blizzard knows, in the right direction.

Keep misrepresenting that quote, it’s literally all you have.

All criminals get away with their crimes … until they’re caught. Often, that capture didn’t happen immediately after the crime. Sometimes it takes a while.

So Tyrande just killed N for funsies? Got it.

This is you flailing about again. The story hasn’t made sense for a while.

Just like 8.1? This is you moving goal posts again and being in denial of the fact that the story is proceeding forward.

No one said, “hey Night Elves you got your resolution”

Misrepresentation, exaggeration, assumptions. That’s all you have.

:pancakes:

11 Likes

Wait, what? She does? I haven’t heard about this. What does she say?

I see you don’t have many posts here, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re new. If you had been on this board for any length of time, you’d know that many of us have gone through months of being “othered” through being accused of having repulsive RL political beliefs based on the faction we chose to play.

Also, if NEFPA is an insulting nickname in your eyes (hint: it just stands for Night Elf Forum Posting Alt), then “Hordie” should count too, and that gets slung around a lot.

14 Likes

If I recall correctly, it’s just Bwonsamdi in particular that she dislikes dealing with. It’s been a while since I last read and I think the dialogue was softened a bit since then, but she basically told him to get the hell out of Ardenweald once he was done delivering the loa and Vol’jin.

After BfA, I am never assuming they soften anything Horde-related from the PTR. :angry:

2 Likes

Took me forever to dig this up.

Winter Queen : The quarrels of loa are no concern of mine. Do not involve Ardenweald in your petty squabbles.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318043.3/the-fate-of-voljin-and-bwonsamdi-in-shadowlands-night-fae-covenant-campaign-spoi

3 Likes

You are just trying to twist things to support a narrative. She has always been neutral. She has never tried to help the Alliance over the Horde. Her interactions with both sides have been nothing more than trying to bridge peace.

Caila’s interaction with the Alliance has only ever been as either a priest trying to save the world or trying to broker peace with the Horde.

Not best friends, friendly. A different situation. She is less friends with him than Baine is. And Thrall has friendly interactions with Anduin. Again, you are creating a false narrative.

Talk about a reach and strawman.

No, she talks favorably about loa. She talks negatively about Bwonsamdi. And it is made clear it is because she is not interested in his deals. She is doesn’t even talk as negatively about him as Talanji does. She just doesn’t trust him, which is just prudent.

This is such a reach. You seriously think Vashj has any connection to the Alliance?! Draka is far more Horde than Vashj even hints at. And you spend most of your time with Draka…so, by your logic, it is a Horde zone.

Sure, and Draka. Like I said before:
All of the zones have connections to both the Horde and the Alliance.

I specifically said aesthetic. Try reading more carefully.

There are no major non-villain figures in Rivendreth. It is the zone specifically designed for villains. Again, I said aesthetic.

No, it isn’t. Night elves don’t all go there, only the ones with notable connection to nature. And they are not the only ones. For example, Huln who is not only there but a revered figure.

There was absolutely a pull back on that. They did come out after and say the story was not done and we would see more.

More importantly, Thrall’s whole arc of trying to make amends with Tyrande shows that they at least see it needs to be addressed. While I do think it is sad that it is only Thrall (the one Horde basically blameless in this) and not all the Horde leaders, it does show an awareness of that story thread.

The chances of Sylvanas getting away are pretty slim. And with the story arc of Tyrande and seeking other Night warriors to share the power I think it is a safe bet that Tyrande is going to survive.

That said, are there ways they could drop the ball? Absolutely. And I do understand that concern given their track record. I am worried about it as well. I am just saying, there is some cause for hope. You are making it out to be more dire than it is.

She doesn’t. She makes her displeasure with Bwonsamdi clear. She doesn’t trust him, but that is just smart.

She was unwilling to take sides in a conflict between loa. She also does not take sides in conflicts between mortals. Her concern is for Ardenweald and the cycle.

9 Likes

She was the daughter of the leader of the entire Alliance. She assuredly has not always been neutral.

Just like Anduin?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Calia can call on Anduin at any time. He tells her that.

You’re saying that because Ardenweald has Loa in it (and is resstoring them), that it has troll themes. I’m saying that’s ridiculous and gave an example of it being ridiculous.

The zone has
Night? Check.
European forest? Check.
Demeans the troll loa as beneath them? Check.
Super friendly with night elven gods? Check.
Super friendly with night elven dragon aspects? Check.

lmao.

Check the post literally above you.

Beyond history, no. However, it does give the night elves a hook just like Alexandros gives humies a hook and draka gives orcs a hook and no one gives forsaken a hook.

And, again, Danuser flat out said that this expansion will see to night elf problems, but will not see to forsaken ones.

There is absolutely nothing about Revendreth that meets the blood elven aesthetic, but I’ll grant you that it meets the forsaken’s.

Ardenweald is specifically night elven aesthetic with night elven cast, with being night elves afterlife and you want to say that just aesthetic balances the scales?

And you talk about me reaching.

It absolutely is. One of the two previous Night Warriors informs you of the fact.

Note that I didn’t add the accents. Those are pure, unadulterated, 100% Blizzard. The Winter Queen says loa like it’s a four letter word.

1 Like

From the link you posted:

I think it is clear The Winter Queen looks upon Loas’ quarrels as children having a fight over a favorite toy, thus being considered petty and beneath her.

Now the question is, much like with Eyir, what did Bwonsamdi do to get on the Winter Queen’s bad side? This seems to be a recurring theme with Bwonsamdi.

15 Likes

If I remember reading correctly, Baron Samedi was known to be a big flirt and womanizer. If Blizzard’s going for the same kind of reference, I could imagine Bwonsamdi having ghost flings with the two of them and they’re some of his spurned lovers. But I don’t know if Blizzard would put that in the game outright, and his overall shifty behavior doesn’t really do him any favors if people don’t find his character type interesting.

4 Likes

So what do you guys think the zones in shadowlands patch cycle will be?

Winter queen and her simp covenant is evil btw.

Two big problems with that argument.

1. That was the old Alliance. The same one all of the Forsaken were originally part of. The same Alliance that the Blood Elves used to be part of. So, not really a good argument.
  2. From the time she was introduced in the game she has always been neutral. She never existed in the narrative until the introduction as a neutral character.

Except one without any factional affiliation. Kind of like how Thrall’s interaction with the Alliance to save the world doesn’t make him Alliance, hers doesn’t either.

So can Baine. Or a myriad of other characters. It doesn’t make them best friends.

Stretch at best. It is closer to a twilight period in appearance. And Night Elves don’t have a patent on night. See the appearance of the Forsaken lands.

The zone is largely inspired by Celtic mythology. Not really attached to elves. So, no.

Not true.

With all wild gods AND loa. Also, the only Night Elven wild god we have dealt with so far was sacrificed.

Ysara is not Night elven. Also, she is more akin to a wild god and connected to nature.

The incomplete story ones? I have played the zone several times on beta. They are favorable to the loa. You even spend time saving them.

She has more history with Blood Elves than the Alliance. You are stretching so hard.

It has much of the social structure and a little more put together. It is much like if you took the forsaken and blood elves and mixed them together. But again, YOU MISS THE POINT. The aesthetics being kind of similar to a race DOES NOT MAKE IT THAT RACE.

No, it is kind of similar. It is not the same. Nor does it make it a night elf zone.

There are some night elves. Also Tauren. Also Trolls. Also…etc.

No they don’t. Night elves do go there. But not exclusively. Also not the only ones. It is people with a connection to nature that go there.

That is you reading into it. She is only saying it is a loa conflict, not an Ardenweald conflict. You are specifically tasked (multiple times) with saving and restoring loa.

Julia give a perfect description:

Exactly this. The loa are valuable to her. But she is not going to jump into the squabbles among them.

Fair guess is probably his deals. Bwonsamdi’s deals have a habit of not exactly being equitable and/or kind of under duress. He likely tried to weasel something out of her or one of her servants. Bwonsamdi is kind of a charismatic scoundrel. But being a scoundrel means he is going to do things that don’t exactly ingratiate him.

7 Likes

Do you even know a thing about forests, let alone looked at the actual trees in the game/ beta? I’ve addressed this in a post long ago.

The trees in Ardenweald are not even close to the trees in Ashenvale/Darkshore, and are certainly not European temperate. Europe also doesn’t have a singular claim on certain trees or canopy architectures, which are found all over, so please don’t respond to me with anecdotal pictures of trees found in Europe that look like that.

6 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that us Worgen players have been waiting for 10+ yrs now to get not only Gilneas back, but to get some sort of revenge on Sylvanas for blighting the kingdom and for killing Liam.

But nah, you’re right, the Night Elves are the only ones who ever suffered anything ever in WoW. (Sarcasm for those who fail to recognize it)

what’s tiresome is the horde and the alliance winning at everything they do. Its bland and needs to stop. Letting Sylvanas win would be the best thing seeing as she basically told us what her plan was and it would benefit everyone

Again, nothing less than killing Sylvanas will resolve the revenge plot, and everyone knows this is impossible. Why pretend that they are slowly moving towards something impossible?

It’s not misinterpretation, it’s what blizz said and I bet there are even more interviews that confirm this

Unless they’re Sylvanas who can still keep a “heroic” and “not evil” status despite commiting genocide, and then commiting genocide again in the afterlife after they have been tortured already.

And then what? The writerd don’t really like Tyrande but they LOVE Sylvanas. And don’t tell me it’s different with all the love Sylvanas is getting and how Tyrande’s mistreatment has started a long time ago, and has gotten even worse in BfA. Just compare cinematic quality, and apparently Tyrande has to die for trying to get justice, but Sylvanas doesn’t because she can never do wrong, even after those atrocities.

Yea, they did think 8.1 was enough, then everyone called them idiots so they went and gave us a hollow pre patch victory. Now it’s guaranteed that they see it as resolved.

Except you Horde players and blizz

Yea, killing and torturing everyone so she can escape her deserved hell would benefit everyone, how blind can Sylvanas fans be, are they all just trolling?

Which is where the story is headed, yet you still complain.

This is your assumption.

You said Nathanos was untouchable, therefore it would be impossible to kill him. Yet, here we are.

Again, that same quote also said Sylvanas was just protecting her people which turned out to be false.

I bet you can’t find any.

LOL more head canon

You, once again, are assuming Tyrande will die.

You and the other NEFPA have been complaining about the lack of resolution since BfA pre-patch. Claiming that Blizzard thought 8.1 was your resolution and nothing would ever happen to fix that because the perpetrators (like Nathanos and Sylvanas) were untouchable.

Here we are, you get something. Not everything, but something. Now you and the other NEFPA are repeating the same lamentations about how you’ll get nothing because you assume Sylvanas is untouchable… like you assumed Nathanos was.

:pancakes:

6 Likes