Nathanos pre patch cinematic (spoilers)

My personal thoughts:

Nathanos will be back, so Tyrande just played right into his cards and sent him into the maw where he can meet with Sylvanas and come back later in Shadowlands. So not much of significance was achieved here by Tyrande.

21 Likes

Look forward to backhanding him in a dungeon.

3 Likes

I love Blightcaller! This is everything I needed it to be lol!!!

Victory for Sylvanas!

26 Likes

Pre-emptively pointing out the fact that Nathanos being snarky is 100% in character and if you wanted him to not mock Tyrande as he died, you don’t actually want to kill Nathanos the character, you just want to be blatantly pandered to at the cost of a rare piece logical writing.

72 Likes

It was cool but it definitely softens the blow knowing that since this whole expansion is about the afterlife he’s gonna come back at some point.

5 Likes

Exactly^^

He went out like a total gangsta!

16 Likes

I liked it, It made me smile, because it was entertaining. My only complaint is the “For teldrassil” line, I wish it wasnt there. It would actually make Tyrande more cool/badass etc.

offtopic:
I wish the Glaives of hers was a Night elf only transmog and that more classes could use warglaives (I mean at least Rogues/warriors/dks),

7 Likes

Gotta say; not impressed. He mocked her, showed 0 fear or anything towards her, stood his ground against the power of a literal god, and got exactly what he wanted. This was not a positive cinematic for Tyrande nor Night elves. Continues to make them and their story look like complete and utter trash.

34 Likes

Its an improvement to the stuff from BFA that is for sure, the stuff about Moonfires on the hounds made elunes power seem cooler beyond “mystical strengthening ritual” Which is of course part of the show not tell thing. They actually show you that its powerful magic.

I think a major reason why it works is because they dont need Game mechanics here like the darkshore event did. because Ingame you cant have her oneshot the Horde player for obvious reasons.

3 Likes

The way he said “aww Tyrande” has taken me out. His VA is life.

12 Likes

I rarely say this in regards to blizzard but here goes: This actually gives me a taste of hope for the future of blizzard story telling.

A taste. Not a big sip but just a few small drops, the road to redemption is homever long for blizzard.

3 Likes

Killing dogs is not allowed. Villain status confirmed.

14 Likes

Seriously all I have to ask at this point is, wtf do you all want?

Tyrande got her badass moment of straight throwing hands at Nathanos, while I as a Forsaken/Horde player had to watch an Ex-Horde character get completely bodied by an Alliance Leader.

57 Likes

Well I didn’t expect it to play out any other way. I’m glad she silenced him before he finished though… blabbering old mutt.
I also enjoyed the fight scene, that was cool.

3 Likes

As the game is now probably he must be killed twice. One here one in Shadowlands. Tyrande is halfway there.

Were people expecting Nathanos to arbitrarily not follow the established rules of the universe regarding souls?

Like, yeah, he’s going to the Shadowlands. Like…everyone else does.

45 Likes

I’m fine with the mocking, but is it too much for the guy to be more in pain? That or Tyrande to somehow deny him what he wants?

6 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t have a problem with this… there was no other outcome, and tyrande was willing to deal with him later again when she faced Sylvanas. I don’t see it as problematic, especially since she killed him before he finished his usual banter.

Personally? A way for Tyrande to screw Nathanos out of what he wants, or to have him suffer more. Felt too clean of a death.

Inb4whinyallyremark

14 Likes

Seems obvious. They wanted him humiliated, whimpering in fear, etc.

15 Likes