Nathanos pre patch cinematic (spoilers)

Not worth to discuss with these salty and charred meats. Even if the game tomorrow bans all the horde player-base and eliminate the faction alongside the rest of the Alliance races, these people will stay complain the burning shouldn’t have happened on the first place because of their head canons about elves being superior to everyone and being at part with the Titans themselves.

Soon or later they’ll broke and go away, meanwhile I’m just glad despite the travesty of this story, we still get some 50% in certain zones which being frank it’s just a low bar rn

5 Likes

I guess the problem I have with them is that they’re acting like no other race has had it bad this expac or ever got mistreated by Blizzards terrible writing and only the Kaldorei have ever suffered. That and the constant derailment of posts that have nothing to do with Sylvanas or the burning.

7 Likes

Voljin, the loas.

Just stop with the “Teldrassil” style storytelling.

They clearly can’t balance it between the factions.

They clearly can’t craft decent follow up story points.

They obvious you can’t let such things sit for two plus years but they don’t seem to understand that.

And it is obvious no one has confidence, either Alliance Players, Horde Players, or players that play both sides, that they can pay off going through such storytelling.

Teldrassil was the defining thing of BFA and instead of doing what was needed to wrap that up and let it be a BFA problem, they have let it spin out into the next X-pac.

So now the Jailer will be the N’Zoth-style sideshow while everyone waits to see how Tyrande/Sylvanas/Teldrassil will play out.

25 Likes

What ever happens, it’s not going to be enough for a certain segment of the player base. So, I’m curious to see what they’ll cry about once that story point is done with.

Do you guys ever read your posts, realise you’re going in circles forever and think “blablabla this is getting boring”?

No? Well, the rest of this forum does, so, can it and stay on-topic.

4 Likes

I don’t see any reason we’re supposed to think Flint Shadowmore is being oblivious or hypocritical when he describes Nathanos as noble.

2 Likes

Welcome to not respond to them bud.

I liked how emotionless Tyrande was, save for her annoyed “where is she”. Also love to see that she’s still using a bow even if her shot was off screen. Nathanos being Nathanos until the end was nice as well.

Poor doggos.

9 Likes

I think everyone will agree on this, including some members of their own community but another problem is Blizzard’s own toxicity at catering these people with cinematics, short stories and authors being openly pro nelves which wouldn’t be bad if there were others with the same love on other races.

Some are desperate at this point and want to see the story bend to them for yesterday, I think we’ll see soon more Elasanas and Liiras during SL

3 Likes

That was my point about not letting things fester for two plus years. The aggravation and anger has just built up for too long.

Instead of throwing scraps to them ever now and then (and yes Nathanos was just as much a scrap as the Val’kyr was) they just needed to pay it off and move forward with something else. Especially when you make the scraps meaningless like how the Val’kyr are no longer important and nathanos will just return in Shadowlands.

It would have also helped if they had just went ahead and hit the Horde just as hard as they did the Alliance in WoT/Teldrassil.

Week of dailies over running Hillsbrad, then a week of Dailies over running Silverpine, and they turned the entire zone of Tirisfall (instead of just UC) into a blighted mess with a quest for the Horde to rescue 984 civilians from blight in 3 minutes just like the Alliance had to do.

You wouldn’t have Darkshore and Ashenvale be such a big deal cause it would have been cancelled out by Hillsbrad and Silverpine being unknown as well.

You then could of set up a Boralus Raid for the Horde to mirror the Zandalar raid in 8.1. And a Silverpine Warfront to balance out Darkshore.

The uneven narratives they went with was always going to result in this mess.

14 Likes

Maybe I’m weird but that still wouldn’t do anything for me. In my opinion, the horde just needs to feel like straight-up victims, so I’d just cut the Ashenvale/Darkshore/Teldrassil stuff altogether and this would function as a sort of “mirror” to basically how the Cata/Mop war was basically horde aggression.

Copying the prepatch content it may make things look equal shot-to-shot, but ultimately it’s still making the alliance reactive while the horde comes off as deserving everything that comes to it.

1 Like

Point of fact, no she wasn’t. She has made a point of NOT being Alliance since her introduction. She was human, that is about it. She went from neutral to Horde.

Also, not true. She was part of the priest order hall. And the only reason she did not go to the Forsaken initially is because she was alive and would not have been well received. Which is why Faol did, though he is not Horde.

So does Thrall, the founder of the Horde… You are reaching at this point.

They done screwed up with the comments they made. At this point the backlash should have been enough to tell them they do need to address it. And I think they do know it. I think Thrall’s current attitude is proof of that. He is actively seeking a way to help Tyrande and the Night Elves. Admittedly it is sad that the only Horde that shows a desire to atone for Teldrassil is the one that was not part of it. But, I think his attitude is proof Blizzard realized that needed to be addressed.

Also, Blizzard could decide to use Tyrande to finish of Sylvanas as a way to avoid making her a raid boss. While a lot would love to kill her over and over, there is a good portion of her fan base that would not be happy with her as a raid. Killed outside of that may be their way of dodging that drama.

First, I still disagree that it is meaningless. Sure, it is not the end of Nathanos. But he was sent away for his failures. Tyrande sent him back to her with another failure on his score card.
Second, we don’t know that this is the end. While Blizzard’s track record with the Alliance in general (and Night Elves recently) is not good, this is more than a lot expected. So, it could be a sign that Blizzard is realizing some of their mistakes. There could be more to come.

I think you mistake themes for aesthetics. Ardenweald is all about guarding and restoring wild gods and loa. So, yes there are a lot of troll connections and themes there. The aesthetic is nature. And while the Night Elves also have a nature aesthetic, it is not unique to them.

If you want to argue a similar aesthetic makes a zone belong to that race/faction then that makes Maldraxas Horde because it is similar aesthetically to the Forsaken. Rivendreth is Horde because it is kind of a cross between the Forsaken and Blood Elves. See, we can play that kind of game all day long. In the end, the truth is NONE of the Shadowlands zones really belong to either faction. There are connections for both in each of the zones.

9 Likes

Forsaken?.. The only thing resembling Forsaken is the Plagues… Everything else from Maldraxxus is Knights of the Ebon Blade!

Nathanos is also returning to Sylvanas having failed again, he was still tasked with stopping Bwonsamdi

Tyrande isnt the only nelf

All the undead creatures, the flowing green slime, the rot, etc, etc.

But you missed the point. Aesthetics similarities don’t make a zone belong to X race.

3 Likes

So when Baine and Vol’jin entered Stormwind, Stormwind had Horde themes?

No. She was made to say she did not join the Alliance since her introduction. Her actions, however, paint the opposite picture. She was with the Alliance, interacted with the Alliance, and came to the Alliance’s aid. She did not interact with the Horde at all outside of when she died, and when the Alliance asked her to interact with the Horde.

That’s like saying a shopkeep in Dalaran has interacted with the Horde. Calia, an Alliance member, meets with the KING OF THE ALLIANCE, as well as the Lord Admiral of Kul’Tiras. The only members of the Horde she met were Forsaken until the book and she was being forced down our throats.

No. See, Jaina interacts positively with the Horde throughout Warcraft’s history. She’s specifically built up as a half way point between two factions. Thrall, when he interacts with the Alliance, is doing it either as: A leader trying to maintain peace, a World Shaman trying to save the world neutrally (because the Horde is not allowed to have god-tier heroes unlike the Alliance which has them near exclusively), or as a warrior of the Horde trying to stop Sylvanas.

Calia is talking with the KING OF THE ENTIRE ALLIANCE because she is best friends with him, and a member of the Alliance in fact, regardless of whatever lies she wants to spew to the contrary.

So, the Scourge has Draenei themes because it raises Draenei dead, eh?
Winter Queen states her very negative opinion about Loa as being beneath her.

I’d agree with you if the zone interacted with the Forsaken. Instead it has a former night elf, and ALEXANDROS MOGRAINE.

Except that it has no actual link to either. The only blood elf present is Kael’thas (who, I remind you, has literally never been a member of the Horde in any faculty and is quite literally a traitor to their race). The only forsaken present is… … … No one? And Garrosh, another Horde traitor, is being milked in some basement.

Meanwhile Ardenweald is LITERALLY THE AFTERLIFE OF THE NIGHT ELVEN RACE.

12 Likes

What y’all are saying is literally that people shouls be pleased with this now.

Just check my other post?

And who is not evil, won’t die and got away completely with her crimes? Hm?

They think so

They can still spin it around and say that Sylvanas wanted to save her people, the story doesn’t have to make sense for the writers to get it their way

Blizz thought that 8.1 was enough revenge already, but players wanted more, now it’s over for sure with this.

See there’s another one of those comments surprised that people don’t see Teldrassil as resolved now.

Uh I’ll believe it when I see it, 2 years later I haven’t seen anything of this, neither did they take back the statement nor can they get revenge against anyone now.
Sylvanas is more safe than one would think, and Tyrande is the only one in danger of dying now.

So at best, we get to save Tyrande and Sylvanas gets away and at worst, Tyrande dies and Sylvanas gets away. My money’s on option 2.

She was the most important one, the night warrior trying to get revenge for Teldrassil but they just IGNORED her because they thought she got her revenge in 8.1.

Daily reminder that Senior Narrative Designer Steve Danuser treats Nathanos like his personal Mary Sue self-insert, so I expect we’ll be seeing him somewhere in the Shadowlands, with even more ridiculous plot armour.