N-RP Peace Summit (July) Update Important

Graphic done for this event can be seen here:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1314cbdd4143f90e367acc459fb964cd/cb04bf2265878b96-55/s1280x1920/947027a01313b6e1e8a8c03838eaddb20819ad63.png

:exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE READ: The guild that previously ran this event is not ACTIVE. It is NOT an APC event anymore. However, for the time being I will still be attempting to hold this event for now. Due to needing to look at things for myself as well revaluating what time of the month this occurs on.

”You hear word of a gathering or a flyer on your stroll through Dalaran or Ratchet. It invites all those neutral, peace seeking or open minded organizations and individuals to gather and discuss publicly about different peace and neutral related topics.”

NEUTRAL

PEACE SUMMIT

(Next one March 14th)

What is it?: The Peace Summit is a month alternating neutral event on the first Friday of the months it lands on. This welcomes in other organizations and guilds who seek neutral efforts and peace to speak about current events on Azeroth. Things such as worries for the present, future and all that we can do (Or possibly not do). What it’s NOT is an event where everyone stands around in a group as we chant for peace.

Why?: Communication with other guilds with like minded interest , forming bonds and friendships and a way to connect with other groups that focus on neutral efforts, or even learn what they’re up to. Followed by this, a goal to have an immersive outlet for characters to express thoughts and solutions of things happening and feel have a vocal part in where the story is at.

Who?: All neutral , cross faction and peace seeking guilds who have want to discuss about solutions for the future. (Individuals can come too.)

There is no discord for this, nor are there plans for one currently

Next one: July (day pending) 6:30 PM ST (Time may be subject to change)

Location: OOC Left outer wing of Utgarde Keep, Howling Fjord. Large open space is general mingling before and after the meeting, the circular platform is the meeting space. (IC its some…neutral safe place in Hillsbrad)

Over all guidelines and rules
  • There should be at least one dedicated speaker for each organization so everyone doesn’t talk over each other. This does not mean that two people cannot present together, just be sure to coordinate with each other.
  • Elixir of Tongues is a must. CrossRP addon, while not a must is a huge help in seeing cross faction TRPs.
  • Please do not be purposefully antagonistic (maybe someday with coordination, but this event is new and I’d like to focus on its purpose)
  • Please keep OOC talk in whispers and parties.

(New!) FAQ:

Summary

Q: Do I need to sign up to speak?
A: No, at this current point in time with how we do this, this is not an event where you have a pre-typed speech. This is a discussion and way for neutral parties to get to commune and also get to know each other

Q: Do I need to be in an organization to go?
A: No, while it might be easier to speak on behalf of a group if you are with one you do not need to be a part of a neutral aligned guild or any guild to show up. We are still learning how to put this gathering together, so we appriciate you all!

Q: Can I speak if I’m not in a group?
A: You are more then welcome to. While this gathering is highly focused on neutral like minded organization and guilds being able to work together, individuals may speak up as well.

Q: Are there plans to make this reoccurring monthly instead?
A: It’s possible. Right now every other month was so that it wasn’t over done, and let us not have to worry about doing something each month. It also fit better with our own schedule. It’s possible next year we will do this monthly.

Q: Why is this in this location? Why isn’t this done in Pandaria? Or someplace else? Oh we should host this in Pandaria!
A: We appreciate the ideas of doing this in another place, specifically, Pandaria, but the one goal was to not do this in Pandaria. This area fits our needs our needs, looks nice, and while Pandaria is pretty we do not want to use it at this time.

This is still a WIP event, and will be changing and moving with each event as we learn what works and what doesn’t! See you then!

22 Likes

I know my guild will be very interested in this. Ill bring as many as I can.

1 Like

I am greatly looking forward to this.

1 Like

Peace is a lie. There is only the Horde.

2 Likes

You can make the link easier to access by adding ` at the start and end of the full link, that way people can highlight it, copy it, and past it into a new tab.

https://tinyurl.com/y2x88q4w

For anyone who might not want a Tinyurl:
https://64.media.tumblr.com/1314cbdd4143f90e367acc459fb964cd/cb04bf2265878b96-55/s1280x1920/947027a01313b6e1e8a8c03838eaddb20819ad63.png

1 Like

Peace rallies are always fun! I’ll try to make it, but I’m often busy on my Saturdays. :frowning: I hope it goes really well :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!! I keep being unable to post links or images and it’s been rather frustrating especially since i thought I knocked off all the things for level 3. But im unsure why you changed it to show the other link too :frowning:

Not so much a peace really! But formal discussion between guilds and organizations about the state of things. And then thats okay! It’s on a Friday, not a saturday :smiley: !

Lookin’ forward to seein’ you!

Then this isn’t the event for you, my friend! I appreciate the interest either way!

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I supplied the second link because some people get paranoid about shortened links. If they can’t see where they’re going, they might be hesitant to use it.

1 Like

Ah okay, thank you. I was going to add a little custom note for it instead of random letters but I figured I wouldnt. Which is strange seeing as I always do.
Thank you for letting me know!! Heres to hoping I can eventually figure out what im missing for level 3 trust and be able to post images :pensive:

1 Like

Sorry, poor wording. I said “my” Saturdays because I’m Aussie. Your Fridays are my Saturdays because timezones are dumb.

So for you it’s Friday. For me it’s good ol Saturday. :stuck_out_tongue:

Might have Loh show up to spectate and mingle with others, though he wont speak for anyone but himself since his views aren’t quite yet simplified yet.

1 Like

Even though Rose here doesn’t speak for any organization nor would pretend to do so, I might just show up cause why the heck not.

1 Like

Just to be clear -

May someone sign up to speak on behalf of a non-guild IC group?

May an individual character with the same goals (but who is not associated with a formal IC group) sign-up to speak for themselves?

Either way, I’ll definitely help spread the word.

2 Likes

Looking forward to it, my guilds not really neutral but my character is.

1 Like

Gotosh,

Do you want folks to volunteer on this thread to be a speaker? If so, ill definitely volunteer on behalf of my clan.

2 Likes

Thanks to this post I now know what the Elixir of Tongues is! And what an interesting backstory on an item !

2 Likes

Hey! To all those asking, you don’t need to sign up to speak! This is an event where we all stand in a circle and discuss together about neutral affairs in the world, politics, communities and peace driven ideas! It’s less about giving heartfelt speeches and more about conversation after introductions and such. I will be moderating as well as my officers to make sure it all stays well and good.

I’ve done this once before so its time we start doin this for real!! We are a peace council after all :smiley:

To specific questions:

I don’t see why not! Stand among us in the circle! Heres to hoping the spot wont be too crowded D:!

No need to sign up, just make sure among your guild you know you is gonna be the primary speaker. This is mainly to eliminate cross talking and agitation should too many people in the group want to talk. Doesn’t mean you can’t coordinate withen the guild, so long as it’s decided and agreed upon what you’re doin!
This is a brand new thing we’re tackling, so I’m sure we’ll smooth out the bumps as we fine tune this new event for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping this.

1 Like

I am really excited for this!

3 Likes

Coming up in a couple days!

Reminder this is not something where you’re giving a grand speech in front of a crowd where we’re all demanding peace, but a discussion among people about different topics of interest regarding neutrality, peace and things of that nature. See you all soon!

3 Likes