My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

Thats true enough. Thankfully Vanilla has a good selection and the Warlock ICC set has a classless version that works good.

Oh no in my eyes they wonā€™t.

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing you and all the male blood elves showing off their chiseled chests, thank you.

I mean, jerks are going to sometimes get the things they want whether I like it or not, itā€™s a fact of life.

Thatā€™s the thing, itā€™s not exactly what they want, so they have to put other things down to elevate their own.

Iā€™m more of a dark irons kind of gal, but I canā€™t bring mysef to play Alliance >.<

2 Likes

Whats the point of having High elfs when the alliance has Night Elfs to me I canā€™t tell em apartā€¦ sort of like Dwarfs and dark Iron dwarfs there the same with different skin ā€¦

Its easier when you play a race that isnt exactly tied at the hip to the whole Alliance kumbaya, friendship is magic narrative. Helps my headcanon to keep an outsider perspective.

2 Likes

I consider this cyber bullying.

I just donā€™t like the sense of self-righteousness that comes off from Alliance but I do like dwarves in generalā€¦ what other race would see that one of the clans summoned freaking Ragnaros and decide to let it be for 300 years?

Well, I find your offense offensive, good sir.

Oh I know, but you still donā€™t want to see them succeed nonetheless when theyā€™ve slighted you.

Which is pretty messed up imo, and partly why Iā€™ve taken on the anti-High Elf banner. Though itā€™s not just pure pettiness either, there are legitimate reasons to argue against the inclusion of High Elves which Iā€™ve presented in other threads in the past.

Understandable. Iā€™ve only just now started to grind for that rep on a dwarf rogue, but the meat of my time in BfA has been as Horde.

1 Like

Man, this thread gets a lot more civil without helfers. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

To be honest, for me itā€™s not a matter of them succeeding, Iā€™m more concerned with things like how the balance of the playerbase population could be affected and to see the faction lines blurred if they were to get what they wanted.
If I had to be spiteful to every single person that has labeled me in a negative way, Iā€™d be even more miserable than I already am, heh.

Thatā€™s understandable as well, and Iā€™ve seen that being the case with other people that initially were pro or more neutral leaning that had been pushed away by the zealotry.

The only time I managed to play an Alliance character, not only those in my friend list, both horde and ally players, spammed me asking me if I had a fever or if hell had frozen over, but also I kept asking my guildie ā€œCan we get back to Horde now?ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

I really donā€™t want to say that youā€™re rightā€¦ but am I gonna?

2 Likes

Definitely one of the legitimate points for arguing against High Elves.

I do take it slightly personally because I genuinely love Void Elves. From the first day I stepped foot on Macā€™Aree I had hoped they would give us a Void-related option. Never expected it in the form of an elf but hell Iā€™ll take it. xD

So it does upset me a little when folks disparage them.

Lmao I understand. It does take a little work to kind of ā€œmotivateā€ me to play Alliance and unlock their stuff. If it does help though thereā€™s a number of things you can get from that side that your Horde characters can use. So itā€™s not a complete waste of time to do so and your mains will benefit from your efforts.

The super secret trick to it is to make the leap and main that character for a while. Itā€™s a lot easier to farm wqs when you want azerite to get them ilvls for your m+ team.

Plus you get so much rep from the war campaign now you only really need to get to like revered from friendly then do the campaign for 7th Legion.

1 Like

It also helped to turn this character into a real moneymaker as well. Mining/herbalism. Iā€™m grinding Alliance stuff while using this character to fund token purchases. Itā€™s not too bad. xD

1 Like

I think we should keep conversation about High Elves to the megathread.

Oh wait! Itā€™s getting mass flagged and the GMs arenā€™t doing diddly squat about it! Nevermind! Carry on

3 Likes

Iā€™m not even sure thatā€™s it. All the helf related threads have been getting locked for like a week. I think Blizzardā€™s just over it, tbh.

I can absolutely relate to this. I do tend to take it personally when they try to use Forsaken for the argument that ā€œHorde already has humans anyway!ā€ā€¦ it makes my blood boil.
But in the case of Void Elves, thatā€™s possibly, no, that would be the only other race in Alliance I could bring myself to play. Sure, it has its issues (like them being blood elves or how quickly the poped into existance), but It has so much potential and they look so cool. Granted, the exploitation of their story potential depends on blizz soā€¦

Butā€¦ not being able to use living bomb on gnomes in sightā€¦

Are you saying Forsaken arenā€™t human? Theyā€™re just a little flayed, theyā€™re still good, theyā€™re still good.

1 Like

People in Blizzard donā€™t have to agree with me. But I will keep making myself heard about high elves. But if Iā€™m going to be silenced and not have my opinion heard, I shall take my business Elsweyr

3 Likes

Weā€™re the next step in evolution, baby.

Please, asking for High elves is not something that needs to be ā€œsilencedā€ as if the request was some sort of demand for rights.
But blizz addressed this several times, just because you donā€™t like the answer, doesnā€™t mean blizz has to keep listening to you.

3 Likes

I disagree with everything you stand for. But for just a moment I thought you deserved high elves for that.

And just because Iā€™ve been given an unsatisfactory answer doesnā€™t mean I have to agree with it. Your move

2 Likes