My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

Edit: here is a link to the original megathread which has concept art, and far more information than my personal musings.

They have been loyal to the Alliance through thick and thin.

Their mascot color is blue.

They share a deep hatred for orcs, trolls, and undead.

Their leader is a Windrunner.

It’s what would make a lot of Alliance players happy.

133 Likes

Can’t argue against that.

51 Likes

I’m pretty sure the old High Elf threads got suspended from the forums.

I wonder what the threads said?

4 Likes

Just give nelves or void elves a bloodshot (red) eye color customization. Then we’ll have “high” elves.

29 Likes

The old high elf one got suspended because of how big it got iirc. The forums couldn’t handle it.

4 Likes

I was talking about the continuation thread.

It’s also down. We were on thread 3 basically.

5 Likes

The High Elf threads where not suspended.

The report feature is just broken and/or people are exploiting it.

30 Likes

Oh. Then idk

Mass reporting that people do needs to come with consequences. Shutting down threads that hurt no one (just because people group up and spam reports) should be seen as unacceptable.

7 Likes

oh god, the container is broken and its spreading again, stop

46 Likes

Either High Elves actually get added to the game or the game shuts down. That’s when you’ll stop seeing these threads.

21 Likes

Unfortunately anyone with multiple characters can flag multiple post in a thread and I’m not sure Blizzard has a way to track individual accounts.

If we had a battle tag system this would be a none issue.

6 Likes

Well, you can thank people flagging or discourse/blizz for a shoddy system. We dont know which one or both.

2 Likes

I am 90% sure it is both.

3 Likes

i think its working as intend, there is no need to spam there at this point

3 Likes

We can speculate, but only blizz knows the truth.

Well, if the megathread cant be used and players still want to discuss it they need a thread that can be used. Since there is no organization without a mega thread, there may be more than one or this one will be it. However, this OP is lacking substance for much discussion.

No reason not to add High Elves. Personally I want to see Wildhammers added, or Vykrul, but High Elves make sense too.

29 Likes

Not even sure they know lol

1 Like

The most recent megathread was created at the suggestion of a CM who said the previous megathread had gotten too big for the forums to support, it was auto-locked after being mass reported by people who disagree with HEs being playable. I wouldn’t be surprised if this thread also gets mass reported for similar reasons.

Edit: If a mod happens to see this post, could you take a look at the megathread please and make a determination on whether it will be permanently locked or not? It currently keeps doing a 24 hour countdown to unlock only to reset back to 24 hours once it finishes.

3 Likes

So… is this the new megathread?

I disagree with the old megathread’s intention, but I could at least respect it for the work it put in the OP.

But this…

Does not seem like a strong argument at all.

3 Likes

They were added in tbc.

22 Likes