Multiboxing = Cheating

As someone who started to use WoW forums only recently I’ve noticed that there’s unspoken “tradition” to treat most threads posted on sunday as a joke.

Well, this is not a joke.
In fact, this is one of the many other threads on that issue I’m going to post in upcoming weeks.

But for a first thread I’ll keep it simple and short: If you Multiboxing - then you Cheating. Simple as that.

In fact, Multiboxing IS against TOS, as Multiboxing quite easily falls under the category of Facilitation of the Gameplay. Using the loophole of absence of word “multiboxing” in TOS doesn’t make it legal either.
Endlessly utilizing spawns of Mobs and endless resource nods are, in fact, Facilitation of the Gameplay. And Facilitation of the Gameplay is against TOS.

Utilizing Key Repeaters/AutoKeys/Any other means of repeating your input through out 25 open windows, even if this thing built-in function of the Windows is against TOS, because using Third Party software is… correct, against TOS. And no, being a smarty-pants about it and saying “B-b-but voice chats and streaming programs is Third Party software too…” doesn’t make it legal either.

We all know that You multibox that gold, mounts and rewards to either get the unfair advantage over other players or straight up sell it back to Us, normal players, for real money or gold. Or for gold which you then will sell for real money.

And no, doing synchronized dancing parties and light shows with your multiboxing bots doesn’t make you a hero or a good person. It makes you into a boasting child that likes to cheat.

If you multiboxing, then you contributing to destroying the pieces of economy that have been left in the game after you destroyed it.

If you deny any of what I just written, then you’re factually wrong and also either a multiboxer or multiboxer sympathizer/friend of multiboxer. And you are just as guilty.

That’s all.
See you tomorrow, folks, as we all know that mass false-flagging is about to ensue.

195 Likes

Multiboxing is degenerate

123 Likes

It sure feels wrong, but it is fine by blizzard and who are we to say otherwise.

12 Likes

True or not, Blizz doesn’t care… Every additional account used for multiboxing is an additional $15/month, so it’s a paycheck for Blizz. Multiboxing won’t go anywhere as long as the game is still live.

19 Likes

It got worse, by the way.
Blizzard nerfing the price of many items, especially from old raids.
So, let’s say, if you done all 4 difficulties of Hellfire Citadel in WoD and get about 20 000 gold to cover your basic needs like flasks and other things, in Shadowlands you’ll get jack squat.

Go figure.

12 Likes

Shadowlands is still in development and nothing is finalized, so keep your shirt on.

Except the writers of the tos have specifically said that multiboxing doesn’t break tos.

37 Likes

You did not just say that knowing that Pre-patch comes out in two weeks and game comes out in a month.

Now, granted, its true, things like that, especially with prices being all finicky, happens a lot during testing of the game, as there’s chairs in game that require you to be level 40 to sit on them and trash that sell for 100 000 gold.

Still, it looks like rather delayed response to economical problems within the game and attempt to deflate the gold pool, though it only hurts the players who doesn’t want to pay fees to Multiboxing mafia.

5 Likes

This is all but a fallacy after watching, for weeks, the hoards of bots in most all zones.

Every single Druid bot in Drustvar, in Vol’dun, in Stormsong, in Nazmir…

Pays for that account with tokens, not money, not USD, with gold they can farm in minutes.

Those tokens are paid for by people using gold to buy carries.

They may pay for 1-2 initial seed tokens to spin up the accounts, then it’s just dead weight wasting server resources, inflating prices, and detroying the entire concept of currency in the game.

Losing “Multiboxers” won’t hurt Blizzard’s bottom line as much as people like to think, people will STILL buy the tokens those bots are farming gold for on quest mobs.

Most, if not all… are not contributing, not paying a cent.

Your friends are, your guildies are.

31 Likes

“Writers of the TOS specifically said that facilitation of the gameplay is legal”
Sources: Trust me, dude

13 Likes

I’m starting to notice your “tradition” too.

4 Likes

Well, not gonna lie, saying something that people don’t like is kind of my “tradition”.
Its just this “something” also happens to be the truth.

3 Likes

But it’s not the truth. MB is allowed so it can’t be cheating.

15 Likes

Yes, it’s not the truth.
Multiboxing is legal.
Multiboxing is not against TOS.
Multiboxing is not facilitation of the gameplay.
Multiboxing is healthy for the in-game economy.
Multiboxers never use their accounts to falsely mass-flag any and all opposition they meet.
Multiboxers don’t jack up the prices of resources and mounts.
Multiboxers is good.
Multiboxing is good.
War is peace.
Ignorance is strength.

14 Likes

Blizavision doesn’t care because they get paid.

9 Likes

That’s the thing - they don’t. They have created a loophole that allows Multiboxers to “pay” blizzard with their own monopoly money, aka gold.

Blizzard doesn’t even profit from them.

3 Likes

Well now you’re acting as if all multi boxers are just going around bot farming. Which just simply couldn’t be more far from the truth. A lot of multi boxers are just like us. Regular people who want to play and enjoy the game.

17 Likes

I’m glad you get it now.

Depends on who you ask. I’m sure buyers thinks it’s great for the economy.

I can do that and I’m not a MB :roll_eyes:

No, they don’t. They lower the price of resources.

As for mounts… I have no idea what you’re talking about. What mounts?

11 Likes

:woman_facepalming: Blizzard gets $20 from MB if they pay for their subs with gold. I thought you said you speak the truth? So far the only thing you have spoke is misinformation.

Anyways, I’m now 99.9% sure you’re one of the people that always makes MB threads so I’ll let someone else argue with you now.

18 Likes

I hope you know about thing called “sarcasm”.

Source?

1 Like