WoW Tokens are ruining the game

Surely it wouldn’t help you.

Yeah, the actual numbers.

No, real difference.

Spam happens daily by a small number of posters.

Or you

One of us has hit level cap, one of us can’t prove hitting level cap.

Nice try.

155 unique posters in this thread:

while the people who start the threads may be a small number, lots of people still participate in the threads.

1 Like

It wasn’t a try, I just invalidated you completely. I have to give you a lot of credit for making it easy though.

Feel free to continue telling your tall tales about your 30 million gold a month AH flipping lol.

You haven’t done anything to me.

Yeah, and none of those are alts and none of those are disagreeing.

all of them are discussing a thing which you claim doesn’t exist.

:joy:

I never said that it didn’t exist. I said you can’t prove the numbers grew by a lot. :crazy_face:

the proof is in the posts.

the proof is in the ability to see them out in the world.

…or are you claiming it’s a mass-hallucination?

Anyway, until you got some numbers it is just pure speculation out of you.

prove me wrong.

(oh wait, you can’t… because you’re just speculating)

I only buy a token so I can afford repairs, transmogs and flasks. If all gold sinks were removed like repairs, transmog(the gold cost) etc. Then I would be for the removal of the token.

1 Like

Boosting has been around way longer than the token.

Besides that the end game isn’t made for casuals anymore. That’s why casuals drop $$ on the boosts. You could say the boost made the casuals more apathetic towards getting the rewards the normal way but I think it’s more to do with the game itself being more prohibitive to people who don’t play all day.

Imagine being the person who plays WoW who doesn’t visit the forums, doesn’t theorycraft (because no time), doesn’t read icy veins or cookie cutter ways to play the game. Imagine being that person and playing BFA to win.

Good laugh.

The WoW token took a bigger bite out of gold farmers than years and years of ban waves. We can get into a discussion about whether their monetization system is good for players or not, but the WoW token has actually had a very positive impact on the game. Look at the state of NA Classic servers for an extreme example of what life was like before the token.

2 Likes

you can make over 100K easily just playing the auction. the tokens aren’t a big deal imo

you can only buy so many at a time.

that isn’t the token’s fault, its blizzard not enforcing policy enough. it would still be there without tokens.

again, not tokens fault, multiboxers have existed long before tokens.

gold inflation is caused by a lack of gold sinks that spread across the majority of the playerbase like repair costs), not tokens.

WoD gold-missions did a massive amount of this damage.

Up until that point, we had inflation that was SLOWLY getting out of control.

Because of gold-missions, it went up by an order of magnitude. And because there seemed to be a feeling of “the damage is done, oh well…”, the Legion gold-missions weren’t quite as bad, but you could do them from your phone. The end result was still a continuation of a runaway gold-glut.

Then BfA slammed on the brakes.

I have no love for multiboxing, but to blame the shambles that is our economy on boxxers is largely misleading. Boxxers aren’t helping things, and it’s becoming so popular now that it is quickly moving from a small problem, easy to ignore, to one you CAN’T ignore. But when it comes to gold-glut, AT LEAST FOR NOW you have to blame the larger portion of that problem (51%+) on WoD missions.

2 Likes