Missing forum characters

Note: This is on the EU forums i have issues on not US, posting here as i cannot post on EU.

So when i opened the forums today i noticed i had according to the forums no character at all on WoW, i have a active sub and several max lvl characters but not even lvl 20 are showing on the character list, only my battle tag. How can i resolve this? Kinda annoying.

7 Likes

Well typical trouble shooting should still apply relog on the forums a few times see if that updates it PW will sometimes force it.

Relogged every now and then for the last 20 min with no result, and i usually reserve PW changes only when it is crucial, like when someone finds out what my PW is etc.

1 Like

You mean you dont use EUWOWLOVER

My EU characters show on the EU forums fine. Were your characters on the newly connected realms? Have you tried logging in to your EU characters in-game? You may need to wait until maintenance next week.

1 Like

Oh good, there’s a thread about this on customer support!

I’m on U.S. and I am having similar issues. The forum seems to have completely devoured the characters I play as the most in-game. The only reason I’m able to post as someone is because I have a lot of alts. All of my characters are on Wyrmrest Accord.

Here is the thread I made about it on GD.

2 Likes

There’s not much we can do about this directly, but as others have pointed out -

When there is some sort of gap in information like this, it can usually be fixed by relogging on the forums, or completing a password reset to force the account information to check for updates.

We’ll keep an eye out for anything else that might cause this but those are the current troubleshooting steps we have to recommend at this time.

3 Likes

I’m having a similar problem where my actually played characters aren’t showing up as choices for the WoW forums. It is specifically happening on mobile in incognito mode for me. Desktop access is fine.

I am also unable to see other characters to post on in the NA forums. Relogging and password change did absolutely nothing. I’ve got well over 50 characters on this account on two active licenses. In can only see 5 characters in the forum character select menu, none of which have been played in years.

So, I posted a new thread in general, and immediately after posting it, I was logged out of the forums. When I logged back in, I realized, after responding to the first comment on my thread, that I was now posting as my hunter (this character) instead of my warlock (my main, and the character I would like to represent myself as.) I looked at the “change character” options and noticed it only showed characters on WoW Classic or Tichodrious, and non from any other server, including my main server in which a majority of my toons are on. Is there any fix to this? I’m not entirely sure why I would have to wait, considering I posted as my main, then immediately got logged out of my account afterwards…

It’s also happening on US forums now because I’m experiencing it. I have fifteen plus retail characters, and 2 Classic characters. I was auto logged out of the forums on my main retail, and when I logged back in, only my 2 classic characters are appearing now. I’ve tried logging out and back in manually several times with the same result.

1 Like

I have this right now as well. I cannot post on, or find my Paladin Darièlle (which is the main character I use to post on), and there are other characters the forum cannot find, like my Hunter or Priest. Logged out on forums, as well as changed password, to no effect.

It also happened after I was auto-logged out.

Unsure if relevant: I’ve noticed that the occasions where I get auto-logged out, the forum goes into this redirect loop of going to a thread I’ve opened in the past, then the main page, then another thread, then the main page, etc. It has to be manually stopped to try and log in again.

I’ve posted in the CS earlier on this.

1. I’ve changed my account password.
  2. I’ve updated RIO and Armory.
  3. I deleted my PTR main copy.
  4. I’ve logged in and out of my main a dozen times. Used AH, used transmog, did quests, and anything to trigger my presence in game.
  5. I deleted my browser, logged off forum prior to, reinstalled, obviously no cookies.
  6. I can still find and access my toon via the forum.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/moon-guard/saángreal

I too am having this issue, and it has been slowly dying. They want to say its my PC , but with 3 different PC’s it still happens. First I was limited to 3 posts a day/ thread. But all all my toons, all of a sudden the other day I could only use 6 toons, none are my mains or even ones i play often. Had Bilizz look further into it and do what ever they do they said, so when i got home did everything advised this time, some of the same, but when i logged into the forums No characters at all. As i post this i noticed i got my 6 characters back that i had before this.

Well, it’s Tuesday. I’ve waited until today like I was told.

My 120s are still missing from the list. Guess I’m stuck with this guy…:frowning:

You lol have to wait until Maintenance, not just the day. If you’re on the East Coast, it’s almost 7am, which means it’s only almost 5am on the West. Doors don’t even open until 8am their time, you gotta give them time to actually get into the office and press that big red button.

4 Likes

Maintenance isn’t until 7am Pacific. For east coast that would be 10am.

3 Likes

We’ve passed these reports along to be looked into, but definitely let us know if characters have shown back up after maintenance.

I wouldn’t expect it, since the forums and game function separately for most things but stranger things have happened :laughing:

2 Likes

It is now noon. And the posting character have not returned.

Please fix.

They have not.

Then why were we told it would clear up with weekly maintenance?