Missing forum characters

If someone from Blizzard stated this, I didn’t notice it but I assume it would have been a best guess on their part based on what information they had.

I didn’t make any claims that this would be the case.

Thanks for the confirmation.

1 Like

I did not say Blizzard. Green text stated it would get fixed with maintenance. It is not fixed.

What are they doing about it? There’s been zero acknowledgement of the issue in the website forum. I believe you when you say you passed it along, but are they actually doing anything about it? It’s very frustrating.

I’m sure you’re aware that the MVPs are players just like yourself and the information they provide is information they gathered on their own. It’s not official, but intended to be helpful - even if sometimes they get it incorrect.

We’ve acknowledged it here. The team responsible for maintaining the forums is reviewing it to identify and fix the root cause.

Agreed. When the new forum system was being ramped up there were discussions about moving to a BattleTag system like all of the other games. It would certainly have simplified some things.

But we know that the WoW forums are unique and that players have preferred characters to represent themselves with. Not being able to do that because the character is missing is understandably frustrating.

3 Likes

Well that’s good to know. How much longer? It’s been nearly a week. Do they need help? 'Cuz I know a guy…

:poop:

Soon™

They don’t tend to provide ETAs as nobody remembers what the E stands for.

5 Likes

If an ETA were available, I promise I would have shared it. No benefit in me withholding details that are available.

Feel free to pass on interested folks to https://careers.blizzard.com/

Lots of positions up for various teams / roles :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Eating them apples, I’ve heard.

3 Likes

:apple: :apple: :apple: :apple: :apple:
Them apples?

1 Like

Logged out. Changed my acct password again. Logged back in with no change in the list of accessible characters. I’m still missing two, that I know of, both level 120.

I see Classic and Retail ones. It did update the recent change in level of my Classic toon from 20 to 22. It changed this toon from Draeni warrior to KT shaman.

The only new thing I’ve done is install the PTR and copy one of my main’s then deleted the copy. Haven’t made any other changes I’m aware of. Sub is 6 month reoccurring.

Me too

Xxxxxxx

My shaman is a WoW forum legend. I really hope I can post with him again ;_;

Done everything listed and nothing fixes it. I even originally was login with my main character, but soon as I logged out he was gone.

It clearly related to the servers being merged and characters are being lost in translation between the folds. Either it having issues with characters sharing same names or they are just being dropped into the neither.

I do not believe there will be a quick fix to this and will have to just read post than write on them.

1 Like

That’s the thing with fixing a software problem, you can say “It will take 3 days” but 9 times out of 10 something else happens and that estimate will be thrown out of the window. As an example look at the ticket times estimate.

2 Likes

Still only showing my Classic and Tichondrious toons. This is frustrating… but I would assume it is more frustrating for the people having to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Same, also when I log onto the actual Armory, lol I have no characters at all there, and I have to type in each individual Retail character and then search through to find them in the lists of other players with the same names. What is going on? :exploding_head: I have logged out, everywhere, reset everything and it just keeps going. :pensive:

It’s a bug. Blue posts have stated the are trying to fix it, but I am assuming they aren’t really sure where to start. I would greatly like to post as my main, but as that is impossible right now, I suppose I’ll have to wait.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve read them, was simply acknowledging you and adding a bit more info on my situation. At this point, I don’t even care if I can ever post on the forums again, as having Armory access to my Retail characters.

I missing a bunch of my characters as well.

Yea I don’t report stuff there anymore, they take about as long to fix it by not reporting than actually reporting it.

Bystander effect.

4 Likes

Well at least I know I am not alone with this issue. I can’t find half of my characters in the forum. And I’ve been playing on 5 of them.

1 Like