Medium pop still has login queue

Can’t argue with blindly loyal fan boys who have enabled the zero standards of the gaming industry. A company could bend them over backwards and they would justify it and say thank you.

Just remember “You think you do… But you don’t”

Opening new servers is not the only answer, thalnos has currently 11k ques, and my guild is in this server, im not going to change server. Im from Argentina so as Thalnos being the unofficial spanish server, changing to another server would be unwise.
On the other hand happy that classic out.
Thanks

I understand how difficult it can be to predict launch numbers, but I find it very frustrating that the team didn’t lock realms when they had a number of characters that would already cause a massive queue.

Combined with us not having accurate realm population information, it was impossible for us to know when we had picked a good realm. We switch off Herod, and off Stalagg, but switching too many times with a guild is hard to coordinate.

Adding more servers on launch day and after launch day is reacting too late. Telling players to stop leveling and switch to a new server which then also ends up having queues doesn’t feel like a good solution to me at all.

1 Like

It’s literally day one. Step back a step and look at the bigger picture. Relax.

Why can’t we play Retail at the same time while we wait in queue? I (fortunately) didn’t have to wait in any queues yesterday but today I do and I can’t imagine sitting here for 2-3 hours doing nothing to get in.

1 Like

i would love to log in and see a 900 player que… whos but did you kiss to get this privelage?

1 Like

There are players still circumventing the queue system by using 3rd party programs to keep them in the character selection screen while they have to go to bed/work/etc. Can we reimplement the 30 minute auto DC or ban them for using such programs, it is absolutely insane to me that I’ve sat in queue for over two hours and my place in line has only gone from 14k to 9.7k. This is coming from someone who has played since vanilla, I feel bad for all of the genuine new people who have been hyped up by their friends and families who are trying the game out, even listening to Blizzards “change server or else” and they still have insanely long multiple hour queues.

5 Likes

This is literally the most important time, the first 72 hours of an onboarding are absolutely critical in making an impression on a person. All of the new players who are trying out the game, or even the genre, for the first time are experiencing this and they will absolutely not stay. Elitists will call them tourists, but they are literally the lifeblood of keeping this kind of game alive.

2 Likes

10 hr que for stalaag lmao

Nobody does, including Blizzard. The labels were broken and are now fixed, apparently.

Don’t get me wrong, it still really sucks. I honestly think we need free transfers immediately to distribute realm populations. It was just nice to see some blue in here letting us know they’re involved.

I’d ask why it even works that way.

The whole point of the realm list showing the realm population is to inform the players.

Telling me my realm’s relative population in comparison to another isn’t useful information - it’s something I could already tell when it worked the old way. If my realm said Full and another said Medium, I’d know that realm has less players than mine. And that’s what I need. I need to know what the population is on the servers I’m playing on or thinking of playing on.

2 Likes

So does that mean the only way to get past the queue is to convince all my friends to reroll to a new server? I’m not seeing any responses to how they plan on queue times going down other than people leaving the game or the server.

It seems crazy that the tradeoff of “we don’t want to do realm mergers” vs “we don’t want people to be able to login” is leaning toward poor customer service.

1 Like

What are you doing about afking players auto running into walls by the thousands on faerlina killing your que times. found a few 10-50 yesterday and this morning saw a few hundred before i logged off. Please advise.

2 Likes

I got in queue about 20 minutes before someone in my guild did, and he got in before me. Can you please explain that? I can’t make heads or tails of it.

Out of 27 US realms, 24 are full. We’re running out of places to move.

Its beeing hours since someone from blizzard addressed the issue. Can someone plz let us know what are they doing, what solution are they working atm. i have being in the same queue for the past 3 hours and its still 164 mins till i log back in. SOMEONE PLZ SAY SOMETHING

In other words short term pain for a long term healthy community.

1 Like

@Beefsundae he is 100% correct. Do you know how much money Activision probably made on classic’s release? you know how many people subbed 3, 6, or even 12 months? that’s a lot of money. It was litterally 100’s of thousands of returning subscriptions. Quick Ez lowball math assuming 250k subbed 6 months is 19.5 million dollars. For RECYCLED CODE. You’re insane if you don’t think they low balled this knowing they would get their money no matter what happened on release night, week, or even weekend.

4 Likes

Are free character transfers being “tremendously disruptive to realm communities” really more disruptive than the fact that my guild and friend groups can’t play together because of these ridiculous queue times and that we’re all considering just rerolling on one of the new servers and just losing a day of progress than continue to deal with this crap? If server transfers from Grobbulus to Deviate Delight were enabled we’d all be moving there in a heartbeat.