Mechagnome Love Thread đŸ„°

Uhhh, well. Not that I know of.

I like the propeller animations when swimming.

3 Likes

Punting gnomes has become a bit of a hazard ever since they started augmenting with metal. Do not approve.

Go chase your, as of yet unavailable, tail!

(#giveworgentails)

4 Likes

Yes!

Sparks and smoke from our augments when taking damage.

Leg augments start to glow slightly red in the hips, knees and ankles when burst running. Caused from overheating. A little steam as well!

When in combat, our ocular lenses have a red targeting crosshair for maximum accuracy.

Fall damage causes our legs to make a gear grinding sound.

Our hand changes into the tool we are using when crafting or gathering. A little circular saw for herbs, impact wrench & power hammer for crafting and a jackhammer for mining.

Our hand turns into a steam whistle when doing train emote. Also a new steam whistle sound.

When dancing, our augmented ears turn into speakers and will play music. Plays Daft Punk style music.

Oh gosh 
 I could go on forever!

5 Likes

All lovely additions my friend!

4 Likes

I just wanted to post somewhere my frustration about how hard it is to tame some types of things.

Like the kitties, have Forsworn options all over Bastion but if I want a Kyrian gold or white one I have to specifically tame it during a specific quest. Like
 why?

And the flappy Aquilon? Only one quest to get those too.

And my other hunter wants to tame a blue Cloud Serpent but you know what
 The standard Cloud Serpents aren’t tameable. Like why!?

WHY!?

Why can’t blizzard complete a job when they add something to the game. Why add Cloud Serpents and all these other options if there isn’t any place to actually get them?

2 Likes

This is why my own Kyrian Hunter is mainly specializes Marksmanship and does not need to worry about those things!

Her pets are pretty much Lust Fodders.

3 Likes

A good way to go honestly.

My marksman hunters tend to have a lust pet on them these days
 though its been awhile since I played MM commonly. Mostly BM these days for ease.

My problem comes from wanting to have a theme for each hunter and it just causes me to have to fight through Blizzard’s random diffaculties that they toss out for some types of pet.

Like Exotic pets shouldn’t be a thing anymore. Whats the point of that?

If you were removing the ability to spec your pet as you wanted and you removed so much functionality otherwise over the years why keep that part?

2 Likes

I do not know, but whatever they’re doing, they should probably rework the pet system with not just Beast Mastery but for Demonology Warlocks, perhaps Unholy Death Knights and maybe Shadow Priests for Beasts, Demons, Undead and Abberations respectively?

There is a megathread for it for Demonology which I do approve. The Maven of Destruction could use more demons under her arsenal that’s totally not 100% felguards, tyrants and imps. Although she is very fond of Kevin.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Shamans and Frost Mages have some pets too.

Honestly the whole system could be much more than it is right now.

2 Likes

Although not everyone wants to be a pet class, but I believe BM, Demo and Unholy are massive exceptions. Their minions are part of their kit and mastery over minions is required to master the three specializations listed.

It wouldn’t be fair for Elemental Shamans or especially Shadow Priests (Being their only damage dealing spec).

Survival Hunter is
 Uhm
 idk what they did for this one. I expected mastery over traps and gadgets but they just made it into a melee spec for
 reasons?

3 Likes

Elemental shaman and frost mage both have talent options to make their pets far more useful (or remove them in mage case).

I think even for that bit they deserve far more control on their pets.

I do agree that those specs definetly need more options for both their kits and pet looks.

Survival does need their pet, but I’ve always wished they’d give us dual wield options and turn it into a tank class.

1 Like

I just came here to say that my mechagnome monk is named Microchick and I love her so much.

5 Likes

I may have gone horde semi-permanently, but should I ever roll alliance again, it will most likely be a mechagnome. I love steampunk (yeah I’m that guy) and mechas embody it, so what’s not to love?

5 Likes

Honestly the mage pet is so underwhelming the bis talent is finally the one that elimates it for 25% (I think) flat damage increase. The only thing you lose is it has a frost nova effect (that you need to macro or you’ll never see), personally I liked it more in the TBC era when it didn’t stay long but it wrecked face while it was there. Kind of like shaman’s earth elemental now, if they reverted it to something like that I’d be pretty happy, currently I don’t use it and I haven’t found myself missing it at all despite using it the last few expansions.

1 Like

The spec issues themselves aside, I’d still want them changed along with any major reworks of pet mechanics.

If warlocks, death knight and hunters can more easily pick how their pet looks and its abilities, all pets should get, in my opinion, similar though lesser perks.

2 Likes

Finally got my heritage armour! Sup mechafriends.

2 Likes

Waitasecond.

You’re already level 60 bud, you woulda gotten your armor at 50

You got that armor at the very least days ago!

Congrats by the way.

2 Likes

I actually got the heritage armour from another character that I just levelled to 50! I’ve been playing mechagnomes since they were released on my eligible characters but they were either boosted or race changed.

3 Likes

All right then everything looks in order here. I retract my statement!

Seriously congrats though.

3 Likes