Mechagnome Love Thread đŸ„°

That it is.

Recently asked them what they wanted to see for customizations for Mechagnomes and got a bunch of great answers! Hoping to get the thread up today or tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue: work permitting.

EDIT: Got it made! Here it is!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/mechagnome-customization-requests-thread/708493

2 Likes

I initially liked mine. Then I started using armor sets and
I dont like him anymore. I still like gnomes and I dont hate mecha
Im just
Im stuck on the transmog thing.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear that my friend.

1 Like

I am too. They are cool though I just think maybe not my cup lf tea

3 Likes

I like this idea tho! Changing their metal colors etc.

2 Likes

Absolutely, no shame in that.

We all should play what we want to and enjoy ourselves!

Maybe when they do the customization pass, who knows, perhaps you’ll find something that overrides the transmog issue for you.

Some people have requested to be able to mog over the metal arms and legs as well so who knows. Blizz might just go for it.

2 Likes

This unit would be absolutely ecstatic if given the opportunity to individually mix and match between ear, eye, and jaw augmentations. It would also be quite pleasing to have the hidden fourth eye augment option that is only viewed when donning headwear that would interfere with normal operation of traditional eye augmentations.

6 Likes

I surely have no idea what you’re talking about. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m kidding
 Cause I see it every day.

3 Likes

2 Weeks before Shadowlands launch
 It is concluded that while the Pilot Unit has unlocked the Zandalari and the Vulpera. The Pilot Unit has foreseen contingencies that he will level up his Zandalari Rogue first before his four Death Knights he planned.

The guy seem to love Subtlety Rogue.

Unfortunately for the Mechagnomes for this account, both the Monk and the Death Knight are no longer prioritized to level come Shadowlands. Hopefully they can buff Combat Analysis to make Locutus more appealing to play again.

Also
 Locutus is now unholy in a most suboptimal form right now. :frowning:

4 Likes

Shadowlands will be coming around soon. Great time to level mechagnomes with the new system!

4 Likes

Where is a mechagnome hive queen?

1 Like

There is no ‘hive queen’ each Mechagnome is free to associate with whatever it wishes to. I for one was chosen to lead the ‘Mechagnomian’ Guild that consists of exclusively Mechagnomes.

Let freedom ring!!

4 Likes

This is sad to hear.

Still I hope you enjoy your time!

It would be nice if they buffed it again. Not sure why they thought to nerf it really.

Hoping to get so many toons leveled. Wish they’d have made Korraks useful again

We do not operate under a hive mentality.

We value our individuality as we improve ourselves through science and technology!

Mechagon Prevails! :gear:

3 Likes

Just saw this posted in another thread, but mechagnomes’ Combat Analysis got a buff in the beta yesterday: https://www.wowhead.com/news=318416/shadowlands-beta-class-and-spell-changes-november-13th-frost-fire-mage-nerfs-sha

Combat Analysis You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 14, stacking up to 10 times. The data decays while out of combat.

7 Likes

SQUEALS

Erm
 I apparently need to reset my vocal systems
 Excuse me while I calmly tag Locutus.

4 Likes

Is a comic and a zone with various activities and its own mega-dungeon not enough? Vulpera aren’t even really the focus of their own zone, the story of Vol’dun mainly centers on the exiled Zandalari and the war between the Devoted and Faithless. Also, it’s generally agreed that mechagnomes won in the racials department, and they were used to continue a semi-important storyline concerning the fate of an Alliance leader while vulpera got nothing of the sort.

7 Likes

Honestly agree with the entirety of your post.

It’s a strange bias against mechagnomes, I think, that keeps people thinking such things.

Mechagon Prevails!
:gear:

2 Likes

None of that impacts the actual player race in terms of quality, that’s all world building. I think it’s great that Gnomes have finally gotten some story and development.

My issue with Mecha-gnomes is that the base gnome model has simply been hacked together with mechanical bits. The arms and legs look great, but you can’t even transmog armor over them, which doesn’t help the fact that the base Gnome model is hard to transmog with due to texture compression. The head options are a little lackluster and the racials aren’t terribly interesting, they’re just good. There’s also only like 3 options for feet and hands each
 Compared to the potentially hundreds (and increasing) transmog options for those slots.

Vulpera at least got a complete texture, several interesting racials and can still transmog everything. They were also highly requested, unlike Mecha-gnomes. They feel like an actual, separate race and not just a subset of an existing core race, unlike many of the other Allied Races.

1 Like

Yea, but to be fair a lot of the people who were requesting other races were so darn hostile about mechagnomes that they made it so they pretty much weren’t deserving their request honored. Many people asking for other things were bullying the mechagnome fanbase, inventing hate memes that were propogated by many and spreading many horrible ideas about mechagnomes and their fans. Mechagnomes may not be as popular, but at the fanbase that they do have has been overall civil and chill people.

Vulpera at least got a complete texture, several interesting racials and can still transmog everything. They were also highly requested, unlike Mecha-gnomes. They feel like an actual, separate race and not just a subset of an existing core race, unlike many of the other Allied Races.

Almost as if they should have been a core race instead of an allied race. What we should have gotten as the goblin AR was gilgoblins.

6 Likes

Yes, Yes. A thousand times, yes!

I want to play a Kelfin so badly! -sob-

:four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes