Mechagnome Allied Race Discussion

I am also hoping for a tinker class! You just know it would involve awesome robots and mechs! :grin:

7 Likes

Hello Yseut. So I have a very curious question to ask you about Mechagnomes. Is there any indication that any of them can be paladins whatsoever. In the Gilgoblin discussion thread, it has been recently discovered that Gilgoblins have a very high chance of being able to be druids because they are loyal servants of the sea loa Gral. One of them has even reportedly been seen in cat form. If Gilgoblins are in fact going to be paired with Mechagnomes as an allied race, it would be a very very good idea to keep an eye out for signs that they are able to be paladins.

Another thing I wanted to point out.

~https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Commander_Rhyssa

Hearthstone revealed a gnome paladin in the form of this card. Now one thing Iā€™ve noticed is that hearthstone usually tries to stick to lore mostly in the types of cards they release. This could be indicative that Blizzard does believe their to be gnome paladins that exist in lore. The card describes her as the leader of Dalaran city guard.

2 Likes

Bumping. Hopefully Yseut of someone else may have an answer to this.

I have not seen any evidence for paladins. And Iā€™m not sure if the druid would work with the low Gral. He does not seem to have any connection to the emerald dream. But Iā€™ll be quite happy if I was proven wrong in this scenario.

I will keep that in mind. Of course I am not going to jump to conclusions, but if Gilgoblins can be druids and MechaGnomes be paladins, I would be so happy! Iā€™d definitely play one of each if that happened.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have seen no evidence so far of mechagnome paladins. I have been engaging the hostile mechagnomes, like the upgraded sentries and steelarm pillagers, to see what sort of abilities they use, and they seem to use a mix of rogue, hunter, and warrior abilities. I was intrigued to see them use some elemental shaman-esque lightning (or electricity), but that may just have been lightning visual effects overlaying non-shaman skills, like the shadowstep that some of the sentries do. A lot of the hostile mechagnomes use a sword and shield which further muddies the waters.

I have not seen the friendly Rustbolt NPCs in action, so I am not sure what their attacks look like. I am hoping to see light-based spells or attacks. Given that regular gnome priests are considered to be ā€œmedic,ā€ ā€œsurgeon,ā€ or ā€œdoctor,ā€ I do not see an issue with mechagnomes being priests or wielding the light in this way, as well.

Interestingly, I have noticed an absence of the arcane among the mechagnomes. There are so far no mages in Mechagon culture, which makes a big departure from Gnomeregan culture. It appears that mechagnomes are more martial and less magical than regular gnomes. I am not sure if this works more or less in favor of them having paladins.

2 Likes

Mechagnome may be druids if the mechanical garden thing is playing at the fact.

Alright. Who knows. Maybe evidence of such may pop up soon or later. Although some of what you said could be indicative of potential MechaGnomes shamans. We will have to see.

So I was exploring Mechagon on the PTR, and I saw female mechagnomes doing some sort of taunting or mocking animation that I had never seen before. I opened up the Wowhead dressing room to find out if this was a new emote. It turns out that female mechagnomes have several emotes that are different from regular female gnomes. There may be others, but this is what I found:

• EmoteRude (what I saw in the PTR)
  • EmoteCheer (love this one)
  • EmoteSalute

In addition, some of the other emotes look very similar but have more robotic movements. For example, this can bee seen in:

• EmoteWave

Male mechagnomes currently have the same emotes as regular male gnomes, so we will see if future PTR updates implement new animations for them, too. I checked the dances for both female and male mechagnomes, and they are still the same as their regular gnome counterparts.

Interestingā€¦ :thinking:

5 Likes

So they look like regular gnomes, just uglier.

GREEEAAAATTTTTTT

2 Likes

So they look like regular gnomes, just uglier.

GREEEAAAATTTTTTT

I think you need to get your eyes checked. You might be blind enough to join the Illidari.

1 Like

Holy heckinā€™ yes! Blizz was reading my mind today. The latest PTR update has brought a new dance for female mechagnomes, and it is the robot. Man, the detail on the model customization and this new dance animation is incredible. A lot of effort and imagination went into these mechagnomes! :heart::robot:

10 Likes

Ugh. These forums are rife with gnome haters. Like I said earlier in the thread. Donā€™t let em get you down. Still debating on whether I am going to race change to one of these when they come out.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am waiting to see what classes might be available to them before I decide to race change or level up a new one. (And to be honest, I will probably level up a new one anyway for the heritage armor, which is bound to be awesome.)

Welp, this basically confirms that they are a future allied race. Now the question is which horde race will come with them.

So far it is looking very favorable for Gilgoblins. If the trend of allied races follows so far and we get a race that is of the goblin racial type then Gilgoblin is one that would make sense.

3 Likes

That looks so cool. I am really hoping blizz will add a new dance to the males.

I was thinkingā€¦ Thereā€™s anything in the PTR that really let us infer that Mechagnomes are going Alliance?

Asking because the potential Nightborne case: both factions helped but in the end Blizzard wrote the plot in a way they joined the Horde;

I saw the dance video, and I wondered how they would really work in game. It seems like all of their customization options, outside of their face, would mostly be hidden by armor and things to the point where you wouldnā€™t be able to tell the difference between them and regular gnomes. Then I realized they announced the ability to hide armor in the upcoming patch, and it all makes sense now.

You can see how different armor sets fit them on the wowhead dressing room. For the most part, sleeves, gloves, and pants are hidden so you just see the mechanical parts.

The exception is on more recent sets of armor with 3D attachments. When you equip those, the attachments still get displayed over the mechanical parts, even though the base armor texture is hidden.