Massive stutters with DF client

I’ve encountered similar issues with the panels, general dips of 10-15 FPS when opening talent tree and dungeon journal etc.,

from what I can tell, it has nothing to do with chat history or logs - it does seem like there’s an ongoing asset loading issue.

2 Likes

Now I’m just plain disgusted. Worked generally fine last night, now I have a full 5 minutes of 8-15 fps. At this point, I am certain my graphics card has been bricked. Maybe this was an issue that WoW simply revealed, but me returning to the game roughly two weeks before the patch and especially AFTER the patch has directly conincided with my laptop being barely usable. The question now is, do I DARE install WoW on my new one without getting confirmation about this issue being fixed??

I have had consistently low FPS since prepatch, with and without addons. At best I had 10 fps for just being idle in SW or Oribos. All other games from the Bnett app play just fine, only WoW is the issue. Really looking forward to a fix soon because right now it is just unplayable.

1 Like

Pretty sure there’s a few different issues being talked about here. I’ve been experiencing the stutters and freezes, but my FPS remains above 130. The FPS issue may be a problem with the default graphics settings being too much for your graphics card. For FPS issues, I’d reset those to default and fiddle with the graphics settings until it becomes playable. Also, you might try updating your graphics drivers.

I’m getting object pop-in equivalent to view distance set to about 5 but mine is set to 10. Since patch day, running a 1080Ti at 1080p resolution. No addons at all.

3 Likes

What is more likely: Blizzard having issues with pre-patch as they always have historically or the system requirements of WoW being increased to a baseline so far off that a ton of users with decent-good GPU’s cannot keep up nearly as much anymore?

1 Like

I’m not sure if this helps look into anything at all (my DXDiag is above), but I reset all my HWINFO64 settings today and noticed this:

GPU use is middle row, fourth button. The first picture of the monitors is going from 100FPS pinned at lock in Molten Core while farming, followed by a Hearth to Oribos. Instantly the GPU pins to 100% usage and frames drop down to a very choppy 30 FPS (bouncing around between 15 and 40).

Second picture is after a /quit, immediately dropping to a normal percentage without issue. During this, CPU not overloaded or overheating, RAM usage fairly normal, same with temps. But even pegged at 100% GPU usage the GPU temps didn’t ever jump over what they normally would be playing WoW, so somehow GPU bandwidth is going to absolute maximum but GPU actual load for temperature isn’t jumping up beyond normal World of Warcraft use. I have a pretty aggressive fan curve, and there was no jump beyond what it was in MC.

Normally I’d expect at that level of GPU bandwidth usage a significant jump in temps and fan speeds, but we’re only look at 3-5ºC here, which seems like something is causing card handled data to think it’s going nuts while the actual processing load really isn’t changing.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing at the rough equivalent to 8 on that slider since I built this PC. By dropping it to 1 (entirely post patch, this was not happening before) I gain roughly 5 FPS. The difference in that graphical load is massive but the performance gain on a 3080 RTX is almost nothing.

was fine for me until today. was buttery smooth last night but now i got occasional hiccups today even tho fps says 165

windows 11
13900kf
3080ti
m.2 kingston fury
32 gb ddr5 6000

was not expecting to have performance issues in wow ever again lol. hope they’ll figure it out.

(1.) Update the GPU Driver (2.) Disable "Suggested Actions" (3.) Apply the latest Windows 11 22H2 Cumulative Updates (If you're on Windows 11.)
Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA -> https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Product Type: GeForce
Product Series: GeForce RTX 30 Series
Product: GeForce RTX 3080
Operating System: Windows 11
Windows Driver Type: DCH
Language: English (US)
Recommended/Beta: All

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL	526.47	October 27, 2022 -> https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/194112/en-us/

Manage suggested actions in Settings -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-suggested-actions-on-your-pc-486c0527-3395-4b40-b304-f1e3cbe2f404

Select Start  > Settings  > System  > Clipboard > Suggested actions -> Off

since we have people in here running into these issues with RTX 3090(and even a few 4090’s) the game would become immediately unplannable for 99% of the playerbase in some situations.

i have a higher average FPS on MW2 on ultra than WoW atm on high.

5 Likes

Appreciate the suggestions!

Nvidia drivers are up to date - 526.47 (10/27/2022 release date)
Windows 11 22H2 installed and confirmed
Suggested Actions disabled (post update)

Orgrimmar FPS: 90-100
Revendreth FPS (fresh boot, fresh login, no rain): 12-29

Unfortunately no improvement and still primarily an issue in Shadowlands zones

2 Likes

Experiencing lower than expected FPS for my configuration, especially in populated environments like Oribos. I cannot keep my game above 100 FPS and it drops to 50-60 even at graphics setting 1. I have tried many solutions, but nothing.

My config:

RTX 2060 SUPER
16Gb RAM 3000Mhz
NVMe 480Gb
i7 10700k 3.80GHz

Pastebin with DxDiag info

2 Likes

I7 12700K
64GB RAM
GTX 1070

I know my video card is old, but I was getting EXTREME hitching and slowdowns and even reducing the settings to quality 1 at 1080 did not help much.

The game ran like total dog poop and it was essentially unplayable. The crazy thing is CPU usage was at like 8% and the video card wasn’t even breaking a sweat… something was really wrong

Dropping the API to DX11 legacy helped a little, but then I decided to try resetting my config.wtf file located in World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF

I just renamed my old file and let the client make a new one.

DAY and NIGHT difference. I can now ruin at graphics quality 6 at 4K resolution and it’s locked at 60fps now pretty much everywhere I go.

So If you are having issues… try deleting the client’s config.wtf file and see if that helps.

2 Likes

I will try to reinstall it from zero.

game is still unplayable for me. what a shame, hopefully they fix this. I’ve inquired about a refund considering I spent $117 on SL and DF a day or 2 before the update broke my game. gettin 2-5 fps in oribos

So, uh. Don’t know if it’s just me, but it existed prior to yesterday’s maintenance but since yesterday it’s gotten really bad to borderline unplayable. Any other game, it works fine. Just WoW. I’m getting borderline motion sickness/headaches from the game.

And to make matters worse–again, don’t know if it’s just me–the audio stutters alongside the game, and the stutters move beyond the game and have an effect on the video I’m playing on my second monitor.

Whatever WoW is doing is making my PC think it’s dying.

1 Like

If you’re going that route, you need to make sure to delete the whole WoW folder because sometimes things get left behind from old addons that put files in non-interface folders.

1 Like

Melirius check what i posted… WoW will make some PCs have a seizure.
Shooting the CPU usage to over 22%. Paging files from the Disk drive as if they are 4GB files every second. WoW will bring all your components to the MAX.

Im not even playing WoW right now… because my video card fans start going off as if the GPU is on FIRE.

1 Like

I had a small bnet update today.

I’ve since been getting massive freezing intermittently. I checked task manager and my gpu is at 100%. Wow then crashes and I see windows task manager cycling between 100% gpu usage and then 0 and back.

I swapped in my backup 1660 with the same issues. Ran a scan and repair on bnet and saw another update come thru. I’m just putting my 3070 back in and will see if anythings changed.

EDIT:

E67BADB7-CB2A-40E3-B995-5AC6637AB612

error code, tried a studio driver with nvidea same issues.

Just editing to mention it’s my GPUs 3d resources that are completely maxed out on wow all of a sudden. Just opening the game is doing it. Hopping onto another game till this is fixed.