NVidia Driver 526.47 Possibly Affecting FPS

After installing the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver today, I immediately noticed that World of Warcraft dropped to below 10 FPS. Trying to enter the settings menu resulted in a LUA error in the graphics section.

I noticed someone else had a problem like this with a previous set of drivers, but simply uninstalling them and installing previous ones isn’t a fix, it’s a workaround. I’d rather want to raise awareness about it first and foremost so that it can be looked into.

I can’t append the full LUA error stack, but the message is as follows:

Interface/SharedXML/Settings/Blizzard_Settings.lua:459: attempt to index global 'UIErrorsFrame' (a nil value)

EDIT:

I believe I found out the problem. It might be related to the driver update, but it appears either NVidia GeForce Experience or the driver itself is trying to set WoW’s graphics settings to something that doesn’t exist, causing the lua errors. Additionally, the foreground FPS limit is set to 0. This causes the FPS to drop to the single digits. Now I feel silly for making this thread.

It seems that additionally to this, the settings menu doesn’t update config.wtf. Now it is? Odd. Maybe I forgot to apply the settings…

Are you still having issues? after i did the driver update i cant do any raiding because my game will just compleletly freeze and then say wow isnt responding?

What’s interesting is that they provide special “profiles,” but none of the profiles are actually optimized for any of the graphics cards themselves.

I would suggest also trying to disable the new Windows 11 22H2 "Suggested Actions" Accessibility Feature, which is much like the old Xbox Game DVR bug that used to exist many years ago. It's a HUGE source of lag for almost anyone, myself included. Even if you don't play games, it matters to disable this:

I do not get any LUA errors, but any driver past 512.95 causes my fps to go from over 200 down to 20. And the driver is changing some setting I cannot figure out, because even using display driver uninstaller and reinstalling 512.95 does not fix the issue. The only solution is to restore from a backup. Pretty darn irritating!

I don’t think my problem was entirely driver-related. Turns out I had a lot more problems endemic to my system: My power supply’s fan broke (I have, by this point, replaced it entirely), meaning that the increased power draw to my GPU would eventually overheat my power supply and cause it to shut down. I think. I don’t believe it’s entirely related to WoW in my case, particularly.

1 Like

Well, i just downloaded the new nvidia update and right after that wow had terribly low fps. Quick search on google and i found your post. Turn out my foreground fps was set to 0 also but was set properly at 60 fps (by me) before. Idk why that was changed but thanks for the tip, problem solved!

4 Likes

This just saved me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.