Mass Reporting Automatic Bans

Last night I was in an AV with a few of my friends and was given the raid leader position. Every game I play, they just rush to the boss and it’s over in sub 10 minutes. So I was using the raid warning to say that we should clash with the opposing faction in the middle and turtle. Everyone got really mad and started saying to report me over and over. Only a few minutes later, I was logged out and given a 15 day suspension. I honestly couldn’t believe it. No mute, no warning, just logged out and told I was suspended for 15 days. I submitted the ticket begging blizzard to look at the chat logs where you can clearly see - I did not swear, I said nothing vulgar - I just requested the team to turtle and apparently everyone started reporting me after several people said to report me because I was " trolling ". This is crazy. What happened to just using the ignore button or just generally ignoring what I was asking to do? I was just trying to have some fun and do something different that I don’t ever see happen anymore in WOTLK. Please Blizz if you see this check my ticket :confused:

There is no such thing as “Automatic Bans or Suspensions”. If you was mass reported via chat, the most that can happen would be a squelch, and then it would be reviewed by a GM.

To get that, you 1. Have previous violations 2. Wasn’t for the battleground.

You need to submit a ticket to appeal the suspension, nothing can be done here.

3 Likes

Looking at the chat, Yolotree, it seems it was a bit more than just saying to meet in the middle and turtle.

While you don’t appear to use inappropriate language, you do get a bit inappropriate here and there. Not to mention using capslock for all of this.

This was by no means automated. You weren’t penalized because a bunch of people reported you. You were penalized because a bunch of people reported you and we found the behavior warranted the penalty.

We have provided warnings, Yolotree. While it has been some time since you earned a social penalty, you appear to have received several of them before. Our penalties stack, meaning they will continue to become more sever and/or longer in duration.

I can’t speak for those that may have reported but I imagine after years of simply ignoring certain behaviors folks have gotten a little tired of it. So, they are using the tools that are available to them to report what they feel may be inappropriate or toxic behaviors.

Any Game Master who might happen to see this post won’t be able to pull your ticket. Posting here is not an appropriate means of appealing the penalty. You will need to wait for your appeal to be reviewed.

17 Likes