Make sure gdkps are bannable moving forward

Gdkp is a good system with gold that people earn, but thats never the case. You get cuts of botted gold and pretend like its not a problem.

Make gdkps bannable in SoD please

76 Likes

Agreed GDKPs have negatively impacted wow classic big time. Ban them please.

50 Likes

Yep i want to play era badly. But theres 100% no point as a new player

13 Likes

The best thing Blizzard did was fire the previous WoW Classic Lead that ignorantly stated GDKPs were fine.

It’s time for Blizzard to ban more than just their own employees. Ban buyers, permanently delete their accounts.

24 Likes

Ok, so how would they stop it though? Is it the people wanting gold to run the problem or the people possibly buying gold to do that the problem? if you stop the gold buyers and the gold farming then it wouldn’t be as popular as you’d think.

So how far would you go?

What would be the difference be in someone paying 100g (made up number in my head) for an item in a raid, or someone wanting to sell a deadmines run for 2 gold a run. (Don’t mages do this in other places?) No one is going to sit there and monitor every transaction like that or else they would have done it. Much less they could get rid of gold sellers and bots but they still haven’t.

I don’t like it myself, but I honestly it doesn’t affect me. If I go into MC and do KDP to earn my item, I know I earned it. I rather play with a group of friends / guild that to group with. The game is supposed to be a social game, and the guy who is paying the gold to buy the item is not going to get groups otherwise.

It’s fine that you don’t want it, but how? The answer is usually not as simple as you may think.

1 Like

Can’t really ban gdkp. They’ll just circumvent the rules by trading alts, or using the ah, or tading smaller amounts, or trade small amounts with different accounts.

The harder GDKP is to do, the less likely people will bother doing it.

11 Likes

They’re tracking the gold and banning people who received illicit gold, regardless of how it was obtained. GDKP just happens to be (outside of the AH) the largest area where gold is exchanged between players.

The response to those being actioned for unknowingly receiving said illicit gold is to be careful on who you take gold from and only go with trusted sources. GDKP does contain illicit gold, and it is being looked at. If you do GDKP they suggest to be cautious of the people involved and to be careful.

Numerous threads in the CS forum, Reddit, etc about these account actions.

1 Like

Yeah some people get hit with a 3 day ban. The amount of people that do NOT get punished far outweighs it.

Also it doesnt matter if you buy gold or not, some of the gold in every single gdkp pot is definitely botted gold. Too many people saying “well im not buying gold” but willfuly accepting botted gold should be a bannable offense.

1 Like

This is what is happening in a lot, if not most, of these cases. Account bans for unknowingly receiving illicit gold. Very few of these seem to have been overturned on appeal.

To be fair, you have no way of accurately knowing this information.

Yeah actually i do. Most of my friends, and multiple guilds ive joined have bought gold. Ive seen gdkp leaders in discord directly linking gold selling websites, every week, and the same people are still doing it.

Gold buying wouldnt be as rampant as it is if people were actually afraid of being banned.

Also, gold buying is ONLY a 3 day ban and they remove all of your gold. Not a single person is getting banned for getting large sums of gold in gdkp, so im not sure why you think thats happening. Blizzard is not banning anybody participating in gdkps unless you bought the gold yourself. Look at how many people are on era right now with hundreds of thousands of gold

2 Likes

One look at the CS forums says this is wrong. Do some research on this and you will see there are people receiving varying types of account action for purchasing gold. It is also all over reddit.

Is just one, typically these threads devolve and are deleted. However to say nobody is being banned for this is patently and provably false.

Report them for it. They will be actioned.

Discord interactions are not under Blizzards control.

Sometimes. Infractions are cumulative.

Also wrong. Can be proven by spending a short time looking into it on the CS forums.

I get you and others dislike RMT, I myself am not a fan of it or GDKP, however there are actions being taken. We just do not see them as is the industry standard.

Bro i never said action wasnt being taken against RMT. Ive watched people get the 3 day ban, then buy gold again and never be banned.

Those people youre quoting BOUGHT gold with RMT or participated in it directly. Not sure why you believe that they didnt.

Anyways, im asking for gdkps to be bannable and youre only helping my case

I feel the same. I got to level 40, got my mount, built about 500g through AHing and professions… 2-5k buy-ins for a GDKP to even get in the group let alone the betting on items.

WotLK also ruined by botting, and I’m sure it was just pure coincidence that right after every single WSG was 10-15 DK bots, prices went completely out of whack and GDKP runs became basically mandatory for any form of raiding.

GDKP kills everything it touches. Please, lets us have one thing that isn’t completely pay to win.

2 Likes

Just ran a BFD GDKP as Horde on Living Flame (NA). No item sold for more than 35g, which is so easily obtainable. Cry more

Yes please. Ban this garbage, Blizz!

1 Like

Hardware ban, IP ban, delete accounts ECT and no more GDKPs problem solved.

Give them their own server and allow free transfers.

But then you need to put one of two things in place:

• Never let them transfer off the server at any point once they’re on it
  • or, they can only transfer off the server with X amount of gold (maybe in classic that number is like 1500g, wotlk, maybe that’s 7500g, etc)

Nah hardware ban ect and delete thiers accounts

Well, as long as the problem has shoes.