Make sure gdkps are bannable moving forward

It’s the first week. I guarantee as the weeks progress those prices will rise.

WTB a switch for my keyboards V key…

What y’all are actually realistically asking for is for free trade to be banned, which has never worked for any MMO that has used it.

Restricting player freedom is the fastest way to crash and burn your game.

GDKPs have no impact on you as an individual player. GDKPs are not required to acquire gear. GDKPs allow groups to weed out bad players and reward good players.

Perhaps you should consider joining a guild that you can regularly raid with and be rewarded with gear from your group effort. You never have to worry about what others are doing.

1 Like

Okay, but the point is GDKP can still happen without gold buying

Yup. Should be banned. Inherently linked with RMTs.

Blizz won’t hire GMs to police the game, so just ban this garbage. Which has approximately 0% chance of happening.

2 Likes

That will never happen people buy gold to run GDKPs always have and always will and if people can’t buy gold the people who set these runs up won’t put groups together since they can’t sale the gold they make from these runs.

That’s not what anyone is asking for.

We’re asking for the number 1 way to launder RMT-gold to be removed in order to combat gold buying which happens at an astounding rate now that players have jobs and credit cards and whatnot.

It’s a modern problem that didn’t exist from 2004-2016ish because a large % of the player base was children, and then probably not well off enough yet as younger adults to spend more than their monthly $15 on a video game.

But as mobile gaming has normalized micro-trans, and the same players who used to be kids and young adults became more financially stable with less time to sink into farming gold, the market of who wants to buy gold skyrocketed exponentially as players came back in 2019.

So a modern problem requires a modern solution - which is why GDKP can have their own server that they’re never allowed to transfer off of, and it can be the Wile West for all anyone else cares. And once that’s done, make any RMT (where Blizz has legitimate receipts of proof that there was RMT) a perma-ban on the first offense with no appeal available.

2 Likes

Wrong on MOST servers these days.

Go try to pug ICC on pretty much any WotLK server right now and tell them you only have 400g when they ask. Good luck.

2 Likes

Are you serious? People buying items for 35g at level 25 in BFD?

My God, the Botting and gold buying will be insanely out of control if Blizz doesn’t put an end to GDKPs.

3 Likes

You haven’t touched SoD. Quest exp gets converted to gold at 25, since its max level at the moment. 35 gold is very, very easy to acquire.

I just ran one with clearly no gold buyers lol

Blizzard need to start now or its to late lol these people are okay with helping gold sellers

1 Like

The people who set these runs up sale the gold they make from GDKPs runs

You can get 7500g in like 2 weeks of Wrath dailies with only 1 character. Thats actually nothing.

I still agree with your opinion, but yeah on this specific note…

… this is very true. Most level-20+ quests will give 1-2g.

I had 80g normally farming and taking advantage of high prices on dark iron ordinance when people first figured out the runes with it. It’s incredibly easy to make gold rn

I’m sure the rest of the team are fine with GDKPs as well, they just don’t say it to avoid triggering you guys.

There’s no way to prevent that loot system because it’s within the rules of the game so there’s nothing wrong by itself. The issue has always been bots and gold sellers/buyers, cut the middleman, ban gold buyers and inflation won’t happen as fast.

Yeah that explains the endless bots everywhere.

Most people are saving turning in those quests for the next phase. They’re just buying gold.

2 Likes

The people who set up the GDKPs groups sales the gold they make from these runs…

1 Like