[Main Thread] Patch 8.3.7 - Known Issue with Mouse and Camera Movement Issues

Which cvar setting?

1 Like
/console rawMouseEnable 0
1 Like

Any updates on this? A massive game breaking bug whose only current “fix” is to break it in another way. Come on Blizzard. We want some form of communication. You’re one of the few industries that openly ignores its customers.

1 Like

Yes I cannot do any mythic + due to this issue it just ruins everything and I cannot play the game. Please just hotfix it so we could actually play the game we pay for . Good idea to implement this on one of the best push weeks for mythic +. rofl

3 Likes

It seems that Blizzard brought over a Shadowlands Alpha/Beta bug into this patch. Since the very first day of Alpha the rawMouseEnable 0 ,which is the base setting that you start with on the test servers, had this “sticking” feature enabled. This seems to be an evolved version of the mouse snapping to the center of the screen. It seems they made it stop resetting by catching the mouse in place, but now it feels like it gets stuck in place for a bit when you left click or right click to target things or interact with objects.

On Beta rawMouseEnable 1 is fully functional with no issues. rawMouseEnable 0 is still “sticky” but thats Alpha/Beta for you, there are going to be bugs. KInda funny how this patch didn’t really add new content, but a bug from the Beta made it over. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Someone also asked for controller functionality. /console GamePadId 1 (or 0) would be the way to set it, but as far as I can tell that didn’t make it over in this patch.

Lets hope for a fix really soon! Doing visions where you have to click on all the odd crystals and boxes and interact with stuff makes this bug super noticeable.

5 Likes

Hello? Blizzard? Game breaking bug here and nothing has been done in an entire day? guess i will be playing other games until this is fixed.

3 Likes

Same thing here too. I keep reminding myself this is a small indie company with limited staff…

3 Likes

I’m getting this as well, pretty much anywhere there’s an interactive cursor (chests, gear cursor, flight masters).

Also using a Logitech G400s.

Game isn’t “broken” for me or anything, just slightly annoying. I have video of the mouse sticking if I need to post it.

1 Like

Yeah this should be a “stop everything and fix this” level of issue. It’s insane.

4 Likes

Any updates Blizzard? its been 24 hours and no update? This is a massive bug for a lot of us and cannot play your game until it is fixed.

I guess it doesn’t affect enough users to validate an urgent response.

1 Like

I actually died in a high M+ key last night on my resto druid because I went to mouse over my frame to heal myself when I was taking heavy damage and my mouse cursor stuck in place, so I was delayed by a good second or more and that was enough to do me in. (was doing a +22 AD). So yes, it directly caused a death in a high key, which means this issue can be a lot more than just a “minor annoyance” and can actually be a gamebreaking issue. It is also EXTREMELY annoying.

Also this mouse glitch sticking in place was happening all of my raid yesterday too (or sometimes it seemed like my mouse cursor was teleporting to the middle of my screen randomly). That one command people have been spamming does nothing to fix the mouse cursor issues (/console rawMouseEnable 0). If anything it just made it worse for me.

Is there any ETA of a fix for Raw Mouse Enable?

1 Like

ANY ETA? blizzard is afk

Of course there no answer, going to take some time to get the hamster wheel moving

Sounds like we have at least two mouse bugs, one where the camera moves with your mouse. I’m having another, where the mouse cursor is getting momentarily “trapped” when moving over interactable things.

This really needs to be fixed soon. even a “hey we see you’re having the issues we’re working on it” reply would be nice, because we would know instead of feeling like they’re ignoring the issue (not saying y’all are)…

1 Like

This really needs to be fixed soon. even a “hey we see you’re having the issues we’re working on it” reply would be nice, because we would know instead of feeling like they’re ignoring the issue (not saying y’all are)…

Caterpepi (Blizz Customer Support)
Hey, Drunhir! Our team is look into some other issues with the Mouse as well. One of those being the system cursor on Mac sporadically reverting, another with the sticky mouse selection in puzzle game quests specifically. Our teams aware of these issues and looking into the matter!

If it seems a bit different from these issues, please report this over to #support:bug-report forums since our team monitors these forums for any new issues that need investigating.

1 Like

Since the patch on tuesday my mouse also “rubberbands” to a spot every time i interact with an NPC/puzzle/ability/item. I thought it was my brand new mouse.

Hopefully there will be a fix available for the rubberbanding issue too. Its quite literally unplayable…

Hey all,

They’ve already identified the cause for the camera issue and should have a fix coming ASAP. Thanks for all the reports so far, it’s appreciated!

12 Likes