How Did 8.3.7 Manage to Break Everything?

Ever played whack a mole? You know, the game where you use the gavel or hammer to smack a mole popping their head up out of the hole but when you knock it back down, another one pops up?

That’s coding.

2 Likes

Nothing better in the world then having to search through 60,000 lines of code to find where you missed a semi-colon ( /end sarcasm)

2 Likes

I havn’t seen any issues

Consider yourself lucky, it’s absolutely dreadful.

As stated, did you head on over to the ptr to test it or generate a detailed bug report when it went live?

Absolutely terrible take. The error wasn’t on the PTR, but it should have been if it was the same patch they were going to launch. This implies Blizzard pushed systems changes without actually testing them beforehand.

Bug report section - helpful advice.

Doesn’t work for everyone, myself included. Raw Input turned on locks my camera with my mouse, Raw Input off causes my mouse to freeze in place and rubber band for seconds at a time.

Didn’t Blizz have a huge layoff like last year or something?
QA probably went out the window with it hehe

What I’m assuming is that Blizz meant to “decrease” the bosses HP (not right now though).
Probably just implemented data, and prepare it for when we lose our corruptions. Thats my hunch.

Skitra change was an intended change. No?
The mouse issue I had for a bit.

Overall yeah it happens. I think you are overreacting.

And in regards to the cursor.

There are other threads regarding mouse issues.

1 Like

This is a really sad comment. You should feel bad for this.

2 Likes

They hotfixed Skitra’s health back to what it was, so no.

Thank you for telling me how i should and shouldnt feel, your opinion is valid.

Many thanks.

1 Like

Yes and? Does this excuse them for pushing out an update that breaks mouse input? Does my question still not stand of whether or not we can trust their judgement with this game? They still pushed a patch out that broke something as simple as mouse functionality. If someone served you a meal singed to ash, would you suddenly consider them a master chef because they prepared boxed mac and cheese two days later?

Oh, they wrote earlier they were buffing her HP.

You’re welcome. Since you seem to have trouble distinguishing, I suggest asking yourself “is this thread directed at me, or is it directed at Blizzard who is not me?”

That will be a good rule of thumb to determine whether it’s weird or not to aggressively go after the person making the thread.

Depends. Are the world class chefs in a different kitchen entirely, preparing food for the resturant next door - if so no i wouldnt expect the same food standard.

Yes. Bugs happen. They have stated they are working on a fix.

I didn’t even know it was a thing until they released it.

Sometimes problems simply don’t show up until the patch hits the live servers.

1 Like

That would again be your standard. No more and no less ‘aggressively’ than you are ‘going after me right now’.

I thank you for the time you have given to answer some of the op’s questions about ‘how and why’ this can happen, and also assisted greatly in linking posts from the bug report forums where these issues have been acknowledged / worked on by Blizzard.

They said there was nothing for us to test on 8.3.7 PTR so I doubt anyone even bothered to login to the PTR.

3 Likes

Yeah idk why that guy would say that, I’m sure people dont tell you that constantly

1 Like

Im not phased, i am who i am and say what i say.

Thanks for reinforcing what I read as well. It seems Blizz should ask for more help from the community. The community knows the game better than Blizz at this point! :thinking:

2 Likes