[Main Thread] Patch 8.3.7 - Known Issue with Mouse and Camera Movement Issues

Does this have something to do with you guys trying to implement controller support? The strange stickiness to targets is reminiscent of aiming on a controller, the movement of the camera 1:1 with the mouse (right joystick), and strange lock-on like behaviors.

If we could get a CM to look into this.

Same problem here :frowning: Mouse keeps glitching.

Always after a right-click or left-click the cursor gets ā€œstuckā€ like itā€™s not going anywhere.

Also, /console rawMouseEnable 0 didnā€™t work for me.

1 Like

Almost an entire day has gone by and nothing.

Totally EPIC.

1 Like

having this issue

Just want to mention that Iā€™m experiencing this, but it also seems to correlate with the mouse acting wonky while in a vehicle (wasnā€™t having either issue before patch). I was doing that shark (vehicle) quest in Stormsong Valley on an Alliance toon & my mouse was acting erratic while steering.

Iā€™m not experiencing any of the other mouse issues, Logitech G502.

1 Like

THIS^^^, I am running BRF and at furnace part where you have to click bombs and then hit the red button, when bag of bombs drops mouse jumps to it, then when I click it is like mouse doesnā€™t want to move to red button, like something is forcing mouse to stay on bag.

I noticed this while ago running wqā€™s and was thinking my mouse was dirty or had something in the laser port that was not allowing the mouse movements to recognize on screen, really annoying.

Here is a video showing the mouse cursor sticking issue. It seems to be easily replicated by moving with WASD and hovering over an NPC. It is noticeable at 0:36 and much more noticeably at 1:04.

Video starting at 0:36: https://youtu.be/e1dIXmrFBds?t=36

4 Likes

Is this the same as the mouse cursor going back to the middle when I try to move my mouse? I am having that happen. Like I try to move with my mouse but it likeā€¦ ā€œspringsā€ back to the center. Is this the same issue as the OP stated?

1 Like

So, what you are experiencing is a different bug with the mouse. You have your raw mouse option disabled which creates the problem you are having. The other issue I have seen which everyone is having issues with is when the raw mouse option is enabled it creates movements of the screen with the movements of the mouse without touching any mouse buttons while pressing a movement key on the keyboard. I did turn off my raw mouse option and I noticed the same issue you are experiencing. (I hope I didnā€™t just ramble and actually made sense. haha.)

1 Like

This is exactly same problem I have. As someone farming old raids for gold for Brutosur, game is unplayable. Runs that take 15-20 mins take 30-40 mins. The BRF furnace is messed up as you canā€™t click the bags of bombs then hit the on screen button so that fight takes 5-7 mins, hope they fix this soon!

wonder if were talking days or weeks or months before we get the behavior we were accustomed to backā€¦

sucks when they break something that was fine before :frowning:

Pretty much as shown in video it is like when your laser mouse has something stuck in the laser port, hanging and not moving, really bad.

They should of made it like a option in interface to enable this or leave as it was before patch, forcing this on everyone I think is bad move. After playing the game for 15 years and using keyboard and mouse, who is going to start using a controller, everyone?

Totally having this issue and I had NO issues yesterday. Trying to do the rune game in naz is nearly impossible I even tried both buttons to see if I had a bad mouse and that is NOT the problem. Not even going to address how my latency is now terminally stuck at 237 home and world.

Similar thing happened to me. I lost most game controls, including my new pet ā€œLuposā€. Iā€™ve never had this happen to me before. Only way I could exit game was and close that way. Now when I try to reenter the game all characters are gone.

Itā€™s almost been a day since a blue replied, any reply even them saying hey guys weā€™re working on it, would be nice right now.

1 Like

I fixed it by deleting the config file under WTF folder.

deleting wtf does the same thing as putting raw mouse input to 0 same as it would with the console command.

it doesnā€™t fix the mouse cursor rubber-banding / twitching and ā€œstickingā€ to in-game world objects.

7 Likes

Thank you, hopefully you can get this sorted out, itā€™s driving me insane.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the issue where any time you use the keyboard to move, mouse look is active.

Using the suggested workaround cvar setting has fixed it for now, and Iā€™m not having any of the mouse pointer sticking issues so far - I didnā€™t try any mini games though, we just ran Mythic+ dungeons like usual.

Logitech G502 with the Logitech software running. Windows 10 build 20161.1000. BFA 8.3.7. Latest ā€œgame readyā€ nvidia drivers.

3 Likes