[Main Thread] Chat windows resetting

Retail: Trade, LocalDefense, Services chat channels are turned on for every chat window, even Combat Log window. I can turn them off, but if I log out and back in on the same or different character, they are turned back on.

15 Likes

Exact same here. First time in almost 17 years for this bug.

4 Likes

Yup your not alone in this bug

2 Likes

also suffering this. Iā€™ve completely reinstalled wow after also updating my system. ZERO addons enabled.

Has anyone gotten a rely from the programmers as to why they did this all of a sudden?

Same here. Iā€™m also not able to see character friends in the friends tab. What did they do to this patch?

(Upon further playing, Iā€™m also not able to see ā€œtarget of targetā€ in the character portraits either.)

same here plus getting disconnected y reconnected from chat server endlessly

I changed the settings back to what I had, logged out for dinner, then logged back in and it had defaulted again.

1 Like

had an in-game ticket on this. Gave 2 options, other than screwing up my settings, didnā€™t do a darn thing.
Yes, logging out/in, changing characters, does not help

1 Like

sameā€¦my chats always resetting now

Nope, even though Im 19 years playing we have had this bug before maybe you were on vacation but it has happened before.

/SIIIIIIIGH

Pleaseā€¦I just donā€™t want to see the spam of runs seller everywhere.

1 Like

I solved it.

Go into chat settings under channels and uncheck the trade services window and then click on the red circle to the right that has the slash thru it. Channel disappears.

Worked for me

1 Like

Thanks Blizzard ā€¦

Since youā€™ve exhausted the steps available through customer support, the next best course is to seek assistance from the broader community through forums, consult with a local tech expert, or contact your Internet Service Provider if you suspect a connection issue. Sometimes, the issue might require more specialized knowledge or diagnostics tools that arenā€™t readily available through our standard support channels.

let me check my internet connection for a chat issue

3 Likes

EU having the same issues, still going on for me. They had on the EU forms this addon posted to help get rid of the spam for now until (IF) they fix the bug. Curseforge has ā€œLeave Spam Channelsā€ addon. Sad that someone has to come out with an addon to fix blizzardā€™s bugs. Tried to include a link but apparently that is also broken at the moment.

I also in addition to this, canā€™t see any friend besides the ones I have on btag. I did a full reset of my ui, uninstalled all my addons, and still nothing.

I am also dealing with this exact same issue. It could just be me being lazy but I refuse to have to fix my chat windows every time I log in or change characters. This is unfortunately ā€˜preventingā€™ me from being able to play.

1 Like
1 Like

Thatā€™s what I had too. Then they sent me to the eu forum like " :dracthyr_shrug: post on there"

4 days and no reply from Blizz.
Apparently it can be fixed by using the Pratt add-on. Iā€™ve never used it, so I canā€™t give instructions.