Chat windows are all messed up!

What ever you did to default all channels on is bad, cant seem to turn them off or keep them off after logging out and back in.

2 Likes

You’ll want to click the pencil icon at the bottom of your post to edit and move it to the Bug Report forum.

1 Like

How do I know this is a bug or intentional?

Have you tried typing “/reset chat” in-game? Make sure, since the new update to the game, to right click on the launcher and select Run as Administrator before attempting this as well.

Either way this wouldn’t be the proper place.

Bugs should be reported in the correct forum so they can get checked out. You can also make a bug report in game.

If it was an intentional change you’d want to post in the correct forum as well, on this case I guess General since there isn’t a more appropriate one. You could provide feedback on how the change isn’t great for you and some ways to improve it where a dev would see it.

This particular form doesn’t have any dev moderation so any bug reports or feedback wouldn’t get to anyone who could potentially address it. What we can do is help point you in the correct direction to solve a problem.

It sounds more like a bug though, so hopefully it gets sorted out quickly!

4 Likes

Because so far I’ve only heard one other person mention it as well.

If it was intentional, a large portion of the playerbase would probably be talking about it.

A lot of people like to separate trade from other channels.

Mark me down as another person who is experiencing it as well. No matter how many times I disable Channels in my tabs, they always reassert themselves.

I will be making a Bug Report and a Suggestion momentarily.

7 Likes

Considering its a patch day and a fairly big update have u tried a full UI reset.

I did a full UI reset and a chat reset but the issue remains.

There appear to be a few UI issues that are being looked into, so if it is happening with the default UI, it is likely among them and likely being looked into.

I would still recommend posting in the Bug Report forum and maybe adding to any existing threads with details on what you are experiencing.

6 Likes

This has been posted numerous times in the Bug forums by lots of accounts. I see it’s posted on twitter even. Maybe look a little and you’ll see it’s easily duplicated.

The posts in Bug Reports are where they need to be. Vrak and the other Blues who post on this forum are not Devs who fix the issues. They’re SFAs - limited here to the forums, more or less. It’s a known issue by his post above, but more people who report being affected gives the Devs more data to pool from to hopefully figure out why it’s happening and how they can resolve it without breaking a dozen other things.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m aware, Freaknstein, as I mentioned we’re aware of a few UI issues. The advice, as Leilleath was so kind to point out, is because more samples tend to be helpful for our QA team during their investigations of possible bugs.

As I am not a member of QA and have no involvement in the investigation of a possible bug nor in the development of a possible resolution. Hence the advice so that the proper information is posted in the proper location.

6 Likes