[Main Thread] Chat windows resetting

Looks like you got your wish.

This worked for me, thanks.

Howdy Everyone,

Dropping in to let everyone know that we are aware of this issue and working on a fix. No ETA at this time.

If we get any additional information Iā€™ll drop it in here.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve created a new chat window, and the channel settings are not being saved, along with positions, etc. It keeps spamming trade chat on both windows, even though Iā€™ve unchecked the channels. Iā€™ve had to do this on every single character, every time I log in with. And then it resets back to default. Please help!

10 Likes

This started happening to me yesterday. Iā€™m having the same exact issue. Iā€™ve tried resetting the chat back to default and making new windows. Everything is set to open as admin. Not sure what is causing it, but after the update yesterday is when I started having issues.

1 Like

There are already a couple of forum posts about this, one in the Bugs channel and one here in Tech Support. Itā€™s good to search before you make new posts about already reported stuff.

1 Like

I think I solved it for me. The treade services is not showing now after re log.
Right click General tab - Settings -Channels then unclick the checked Trade servies box them at far right click the small red circle with the slash thru it.

Worked for me

Did you log out an back in? Did you reload ui? I have 35 toons and this is just constant and a waste of times to shut those stupid channels down as they keep coming back. Blizz has to fix it but Iā€™m sure we will hear the usual of ā€œturn off all addons, empty cacheā€ blah, blah,blah. So many bugs in the game and in WoW web sites. Cant load most peoples armory/collection as that is just errors. A lot of the errors have been in game for years. This is not the first time the chat channels have been a mess after an update :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes Its fixed you just gotta do it on all toons once

Clicking the red circle is not what we need. That completely removes trade from everywhere but that is NOT what most of us want. We simply want it to stop showing up in combat log and the other custom windows every time we log in or reload the game.

2 Likes

This issue is 4 days old and has not been addressed by Blizz yet.
Apparently you can fix it by using the Pratt add-on. Use Pratt to set your chat settings and they will stick. Iā€™ve never used it, so I canā€™t give specific instructions.

Iā€™ve done ALL things recommended on the various websites. Nothing worked.
Using the RED Remove button will totally get rid of the chat channel - but is useless if you have settings like Trade chat in a different tab/window.

Addressed by blizz, which you refuse to acknowledge.

1 Like

Fix seems to be in, two alts kept there channel setting between logouts.

Now to the matter of my friends list please!

Chat windows are fixed!! Logged 3 characters so far and no Trade etc showing up in combat log etc. Oh Happy Day!!

Unfortunately, I use the Prat addon, and this problem is still persistent. Itā€™s somehow overriding my addon settings that are supposed to remember which way I like to have my chat windows set up.

Did you try saving the updated channels (after you left them) with Pratā€™s memory feature?

It works for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.