[Main thread] Castle Nathria Lag

So third Tuesday in a row right at 9:00 PM EST - Frostwolf server group - Castle Nathria goes to a point with lag where instant spells take 3 to 5 seconds to go off. Affecting all players. What’s going on here?

7 Likes

3rd week in a row my guild has into this as well.

2 Likes

Third week in a row, instant casts taking 3-5 seconds and causing other players in the raid to skip around and stutter step all over the screen. Happens to the entire raid all at once. This is not an individual issue.

3 Likes

happening on scarlet crusade as well

2 Likes

Tuesdays on Tich as well, almost unplayable in raid.

2 Likes

Same here on Tich. Game froze up multiple times then wouldn’t let me log back in.

2 Likes

Not surprised with Tich, I’m sure CS will tell us Tich is a DDoS attack for the 90th time this month. Server straight borked.

1 Like

Yeah getting that too. Instant abilities are not so instant

2 Likes

Happening on most Wednesdays as well on Skywall/etc.
The constant slowdown/speedup is kinda nauseating in some cases, unfortunately.
Would be good to get a broad status update on this, as it’s been happening since the holidays. Game mildly getting crushed under its own popularity I’m sure, but it would be good to see a resolution.

4 Likes

It’s beyond f’n embarrassing that the servers are this bad. Absolutely unplayable.

3 Likes

Lagging in Castle Nathria from Tichondrius. Real bad. Latency seems to show normal, soon as we pull the boss its nutty lag for everyone.

2 Likes

RIGHT NOW and for the past few days, Castle Nath raid has lagged horribly during every boss encounter. This is ruining raid nights for multiple guilds. I am typing this while everyone is running in place at Hungering Destroyer.
So aggravating! I seriously feel like unsubbing if this is going to be the new norm.

2 Likes

Hey all,

I went ahead and merged a few threads about lag / delays in Castle Nathria into this main thread.

Please feel free to post here with future reports of raid-wide lag on abilities/spells, where it’s affecting all members of the raid at the same time.

Specific date and times are helpful for us to see what was happening, as well as a brief description of what the raid group was experiencing (i.e. you try to cast a spell and it takes 2-3 seconds to fire off).

I was raiding with my guild rn OUR H PROGRESS IN SIRE DENATRIUS and had gave my spot because I got like 5k world ms, the same happened when we were clearing the first boss in M. this is unacceptable

1 Like

Connected Suramar/Draka

Tuesday/Thursday’s mainly, sometimes on Sundays (basically whenever we raid). The raid will start off fine, then part way through we will experience a lot of lag across all members of our raid team. It’s frame rate lag. We will hit spells then it’ll occur several seconds later. People will skip forward. It’s basically playing a powerpoint slide show.

Hi all, I’m experiencing crazy lag as well in Castle Nathria LFR. The spells take as high as 10 seconds to go off, and at that point it’s unplayable. Home MS is somewhere around 187 (fairly normal for me), but in Nathria, it’s gone all the way up to about 3600, where the game becomes unplayable.

Edit: Wanted to add, it’s been happening today around 6-7am realm time, Moon Guard server.

Raid leader here for my guild on Moon Guard, reporting massive lag for my entire raid group. We just finished raid so this started happening about 2 hours ago, which would be 8pm-10pm Moon Guard server time. During Sun King adds came out in various ways (Had 3 waves of Infusers randomly come out one right after the other.) and assassins just teleported around everywhere constantly.

Edited to add that spells were taking 5+ seconds to actually go off. Fire was under one of our guildies and they didn’t see it until after they had died.

It seems to be just a crowding issue. Heroic instances consistently lagging around prime time on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (7:30pm+ EST), but have not seen any lag in Mythic so far.

Our guild has been progressing through heroic Castle Nathria and have had a few nights ruined from lag and another night Tichondrius was completely down. Lately we have been having lag(?) when we pull bosses. Sun King so far seems to be the worst and it affects 90% of the people in melee range. Per the game client latency appears to be fine, fps doesn’t really change (I think), and no add-ons seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary. We have tried various graphics settings, disabling add-ons, etc but just can’t seem to get a pull in where we aren’t having this issue.

Has anyone had this isse? Does anyone have any solutions?

Yeah it’s a common issue that Blizz is telling people to “check their modems”.

A significant portion of our raid group on Thursday was also having these issues.

I’ve been having it all week, and it is definitely worse inside instances (dungeons, raids, arenas) than in the world… or at least it is more noticeable. That being said, I was messing around in Exile’s Reach (did the whole thing) with no add-ons enabled and had multiple occurrences of being lagged out for 3-4 seconds … so I dont think its relegated to instances, it’s just more noticeable because it has a bigger impact on the gameplay.

It ONLY affects WoW (other games are fine, streaming is fine, etc.) but somehow it’s OUR problem.