Mage tower overtuned

Not true I did it on my havoc dh no problem in NH and I got my flaming glaive. Now that is not the case. Due to class changes and no artifact powers, less leech on meta I am squishy compared to then.

I’m not saying havoc doesn’t have good sustain but compared to then we don’t.

1 Like

I didn’t check but thought I’d try to find anything on that now and seems on one he just used SL enchants, on another trial no enchants, then again SL enchants.

I took the time to farm complete bis and Ive given up. I have 21 sockets on my gear if i recall correctly. which is 40% more powerful???

i can say for sure it was 10000000 times easier in legion (when it first launched, not after power creep) and after the power creep it was free loot.

i gave up after a few wipes because i know the mechanics like the back of my hand, i did it on every spec in the game except warrior and hunter.

This is indeed overtuned. Doable? yeah, do we wanna do it? for a reskin? naw. im good. <3

hope a blue reads this post. id really love to just collect the skins for completionism but not at the expense of my sanity.

So you dont want to work for it but want it for free. lol

2 Likes

Alright so I have redone the challenge since I got a little bit of time finally, I had completed the legion challenge originally and now the challenge again in shadowlands, knowing the fight gives me the edge and I have had probably 20 attempts on it still, seems a little harder than last time, probably due to loss of artifact weapons.

Don’t give up mate, best time I can give you, take it slower than you think you should, and def use weakauras to your advantage.

The duality of man. Where we no longer have our legendaries, artifacts, or whatever else, but we dont want stinky trinkets to replace them either.

You keep reiterating this point, but I don’t think you realize just how small of a number that actually is. You used that database site earlier, but (and unfortunately you’ll have to trust my word on it unless the site has a time graph) the number did not change at all post ban wave. While I never said it was easy, it’s doable. And I’m right here. Still with my book mount.

I get it, it’s frustrating. You did some high key, you did some mythic raiding or whatever your resume is, so you have a hard time believing other people can get it done and you cannot or struggle to. It’s okay. I’m bad at pvp, so I get the frustration (my last rating was 1241 or so, if it makes you feel any better). But yes, people have done it in shadowlands gear. Plenty of evidence to suggest so. Hell, I even pulled it off as a challenge after beating a boss, though I’m sure you won’t believe me.

And I don’t do raids. I don’t do high keys (over 15). I don’t do pvp. My only claim to fame is ksm starting with shadowlands. My achievements are public, so go ahead. btw I still have my mount :slight_smile: and will have it forever because I didn’t cheat.

Most of the really OP stuff was nerfed really early on. Exploits were removed within few days, and only one I recall is trapping an infernal, which only marginally helped anyways. Crusader? nerfed like 2 days in? The event was up for a month. BC gems? Nerfed in a week? and super difficult to actually pull off anyways (required a leveling character).

I farmed legion gear, aye. But the difference it made was quite minute to non-existent tbh. Real purpose - to save on repair costs. You’re an actual masochist to go fight in shadowlands gear and spend 500g in repairs per tries when I can just spend 20g for the whole ordeal with 1 hr of farming of legion stuff. It did help with secondaries, for sure, because hey I could pick any I want, which is a big win. Only actual OP stuff was the BC gear, which I never used, and was nerfed anyways.

You’re way overblowing the cheating and gearing aspect or whatever cope you’re inhaling.

I have. MT - my thoughts, tips, advice
UH mage tower - #12 by Hendrietta-the-underbog

I posted across different characters giving some tips, or used this character to help people out. I also asked for help, and got tons. I had a youtuber who posted on DK forums help me with frost. I had help from an hpal for healer challenge, whos main was in my thread above. You’re more than welcome to stalk my profile for further inquiries.

And just to throw my opinion out, there’s nothing wrong with needing gear and consumables. The idea that people should be able to outgear content because they remember legion being that way while at the same time shaming getting gear and trinket advantages is just bizarre tbh. You need gear and to push higher content, you need consumables to min-max. This is the most accessible gear has ever been for challenging content, you’re given TONS AND TONS of content with multiple tries to get your bis and you think that’s problematic WHILE complaining about a lack of borrowed power, legendaries, or missing class spells? Seriously?

No I don’t want it for free, but I also don’t wanna go through 200+ wipes either. I actually muscled through the Aff lock version on launch with no corruption legendary. That was painful.

I ignored you because you are talking crap. I’ve seen a grand total of ZERO guardian bears who can down the first part within 10% of only one elemental without using some fancy OP trinket, none, there is zero evidence that what you are stating is true.

Some people have come close, posted videos to back up their evidence, but they were using OP trinkets. How on earth can you sit here and lie to our faces and expect us to believe you that it’s a “rotational issue” when mathematically what you are stating is a lie? You are talking crap and no one here is going to believe you or bother to continue arguing with someone so far lost from reality.

I’ll say the same thing I said to the other guy, the last time MT was out there were hundreds of posts from people showing off their MT transmog, bear skin and mount, all of them stating the same garbage you and the other guy are stating, “Oh it’s easy” “I done it without OP trinkets” “I didn’t farm Legion gear” “You all must be bad”. But where are those guys now? Why is it there are now that much more posts about MT being overtuned and that much less players here to defend themselves by saying how it’s easy and we are bad?

You know this is GD right? You know that at any given point in time players are going to talk crap to make themselves look good. They are going to do it like you are, with no proof at all, or they are going to use alts to hide because what they are stating is just a flat out lie to make themselves look and feel good.

What happened after the last MT? Where did all the ‘it’s so easy and you are bad’ crowd go? Almost certainly banned for cheating. Fact is this, I know people, I PLAY with people who cheated and did not get banned. I can’t trust when someone shows up with zero evidence making a claim that is total BS.

If you ignore the kill video on wowhead, where the guy used a scale and a phial.

1 Like

How was TBC gear nerfed in the mage tower? I wasn’t around for the first Timewalking Mage Tower, so I didn’t get to see what it was like, before. Just spent the weekend collecting Chromie time TBC items for my druid and as far as I can tell the sockets still work, at least.

Some of the TBC gems were bugged, and giving more stats than intended. This got fixed pretty quickly though.

1 Like

It’s challenging solo content. Meaning, solo content if you are a Raider. All the rest of the casual scrubs can keep doing mindless dailies.

4 Likes

There was also the issue of gem from TBC, which were also nerfed.

:raising_hand_woman:I’m right here. Not banned, never cheated, used “cHeEsE trInKEtS”. sue me

How did they cheat? Why don’t you report them? Also define cheating for us.

5/7 atm.

I have arms warr and frost mage left for my book. I suck at these specs tho.

Not sure how you’re supposed to live on xylem. No matter what i just die at like 75%. All the guides show crusader like healing a bunch. That doesnt happen.

My ability to play the game has nothing to do with the MT being overtuned to 95% of the playerbase.

2 Likes

you must play with some pretty bad players then? TW gear, proper pots and moonkin weaving will give you massive dps bud. Not bull crap to know how to push dps. I used the blood splattered scale and Shard of Annhylde’s Aegis on my attempts. But go off please

do you mind showing your math or is this just something you’ve made up and convinced yourself is true to not have to deal with not being good enough?

they’re in season 3 with their cool transmogs and book mounts having fun! the hype was huge when it came back in dec, not as much now

people that aren’t good enough flock to GD to hold these group therapy whining sessions while people that are good just play the game. I promise you if you’d stop whining and making up these “mathematically impossible” arguments and put that attention on pulling the boss you’d get better. How do you honestly think its a mathematics problem with tuning when you get to the 5th annihilate and he’s not dead? plenty of people kill him at the 3rd?? post a video of your attempts! you’ve claimed I’ve lied while not proving any of the lame excuses you’ve hid behind :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Casual scrub here, reporting in. 7/7 complete. Sorry the rewards aren’t being handed to you.

1 Like

I had easier time in legion by far. This is just another content delay system

they nerfed crusader again :frowning: I think the actual strat is to take second wind and spell reflect + interrupt to get the healing off for a few seconds

1 Like

quite the goalpost you’ve set. You’ve mentioned that you consistently get 4 internals, so why the obsession about only having one? seems disingenuous.

you have a rotation issue, if you were truly cared about beating the mage tower, you should be happy to hear that you are making a fixable mistake, and seeking out what that may be. but instead you instantly disregard it. Seems disingenuous.

nah he can’t be at fault.

1 Like