Lore does matter. See Legion

Covering my butt. People jumped on me from both sides in one of the other threads :dracthyr_cry_animated: it’s been bizarre.

Ion joined Blizzard just before Wrath of the Lich King launched and has worked on all raids and dungeons since then. In 2015 he rose from Lead Encounter Designer to Assistant Game Director, under Tom Chilton, and in late 2016 was promoted to Game Director when Chilton left the team for another Blizzard project.

Wait what?

Sounds like legion sucked

Not true. The game itself states otherwise. It was in game that the combined efforts of the legendary weapons “combined” are what drew the corruption out of sargs blade this was further cemented when xala herself references the other hero if you are not a priest. Not to mention chronicles and other media mention a “band” of heroes of the horde and alliance in regards to the defeat of many previous raid and dungoen encounters. If you wanna argue lore get it right.

2 Likes

Hey, here is a question. Why did you create this thread for when you created a similar thread on an alt a day ago?

Illidan caught a blade of pure holy energy, as a demon infused Nelf, from arguably the single most powerful Paladin in the entire Warcraft universe with his bare hand and only got a tiny scrape.

Don’t you dare come in here and tell me that lore was respected when that scene exists among others. Legion was a good expansion for many reasons, in fact I would argue one of the best, but it’s for a multitude of reasons but Lore is not one of them.

1 Like

Everyone is still using an Ashbringer and it’s totally sweet.

Muh lore trying to stop all of that is why it’s a joke.

lmao.

1 Like

Big difference between evolving and butchering

1 Like

It’s nothing alike though. The player character is the mary sue, can’t do anything wrong, and is unique, as evidenced by the class hall thing. The fact that everyone goes around with ashbringer is irrelevant because transmog doesn’t make sense anyway, and in the lore, there’s only one highlord, who happens to possess ashbringer.

Class/race on the other hand is another beast altogether, because it’s about the player character itself and not the other players around him e.g. a warlock draenei, a demon hunter pandaren, a void elf paladin, doesn’t make sense until they make subclasses that have the same abilities, just with different graphics and ability names.

Do you see that happening?

1 Like

I don’t understand why the bad faith actors cannot understand this simple concept.

Chris Metzen left at the beginning of Legion. After planning its story, things went downhill. Though I thought BFA was great, it would never be the same, without him…

2 Likes

Muh lore.

lmao.

Once upon a time, it was lore that the Earth was flat :slight_smile:

Your citation is any green orc in the game or other official material who is known to not have drank the blood of Mannoroth or dabble in fel magic, yet are still green. Durotan and Draka, as I mentioned above, are two such examples.

Demon-related magic is inherently fel. Scroll up and read the paragraphs on the page you took that screenshot from.

You’re a troll because every post I’ve seen you in you repeat this same nonsense no matter how many times it’s explained to you, and the image in the post I replied to was taken from a page that answers your question in the paragraph immediately above the picture.

Nothing rude about calling a troll a troll, but you’re also a retard.

ion has nothing to do with the story lore.

No it wasn’t lmao.

I want the Kool Aid you’re drinking.

Ya know what I take it back half of them are indeed crybabies jesus christ after reading these comments. My apologies

I have to chuckle because I’ve posted threads i felt fell under this category, but then serious discussion sprouted out of them.

Task failed successfully, I guess.

That got a chuckle out of me. People really be talking about the lore but ignore how many hoops Blizzard had to jump though and how many retcons they had to do to make Legion even possible - and most of them werent even good.