Lore does matter. See Legion

Praised for its story.

Praised for the class order stories.

Praised for a realistic and lore respected ending to the Legion and Illidan’s story.

Legion wasn’t praised for the legendary weapon rngfest, borrowed power, or the grinds - that’s for sure.

49 Likes

Well it was before ion being in charge so i quite enjoyed it… now its … just gotten worse due to having a bad … very bad games director

9 Likes

Oh no, the lore is not allowed to evolve according to some people in GD…

25 Likes

Legion was fun but the lore was pretty laughable. Laughable in a fun way, though. Which means in a lot of ways it was told well? I’ll never get over killing innocents as illidan as Xera cooes in my ear about how he is our one true hero.

Legion was the first time in a long time classes got any lore. They haven’t gotten any love since. :frowning:

Edit: also my stance is still class race locks =/= lore

3 Likes

Alright, lore does matter, but expand on it and make it more realistic. It’s been how many years now that the Horde and Alliances races have worked together? Are you really telling me there’s not a blood elf out there who was interested in druidism and learned from their tauren friends? Or how about a human that wanted to learn shamanism from their fellow kul tiran humans? It makes less sense lorewise for there to be no cultural and class exchange.

12 Likes

Would you or would you not play a propper highelf if suddenly they joined the blue team. No reasons give, just suddenly an option.

I mean to make it perfectly clear, there was a time-skip during the time we were in the Shadowlands, and with the Horde and Alliance working together instead of fighting each other, it is more than possible that every race could be working together to work against any future threats. This includes training other races to join their ranks.

But people here who claim to care about the lore don’t even really know the lore, because the way they are having a tantrum over Warlocks… I thought the High Elf stuff was bad enough.

They just don’t want the story to move forward and for the lore to evolve. Make it like it needs to be 2004.

8 Likes

More of the same close minded doomsday posts.

I’m excited to see what kind of lore will be made to justify LFD locks.

2 Likes

You know what both of those have in common?

The lore evolved and changed to fit the story they were telling.

Remember how we killed Illidan in Black Temple and they changed the story to fit Illidan back in the story?

Remember how the Titans were well established to be dead and they retconned it during the final patch of Legion that they were alive to fit the story narrative they were telling?

It’s almost like they change the lore and story all the time to tell the story how they want it to be told.

You know what warlocks unlocking for other races is?

The lore evolving and changing, just like Legion, which you claim was so amazing.

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

23 Likes

Hardly true tantrum is the incorrect word. The people claiming we are infact are the ones creating these threads more then the ones asking for simple lore consistency.
If they want to retcon something thats fine atleast have the decency to write a good story or quests around it, make it engaging an fun.
Why is that so hard to grasp for you guys.

Thats the whole point it literally doesnt make sense for Mag’har aka pure bloods or Light Forged to be warlocks. It goes against the very things they are an stand for. Its like yall are mad at us for asking for better story an gameplay improvements to help breath life into the game.

4 Likes

Is it bad that I did all 12 classes without quest reading or paying attention? Not everyone cares about this stuff.

1 Like

Except 99% of the threads haven’t stated any of that. They are dead set that they will never ever accept it no matter what they do.

It’s all whining and tantrums. And the fact you can’t see that is part of the problem.

6 Likes

They supposedly are working on more class race combos since everyone gained access to rogue, mage, priest, and monk. There is a developer conversation somewhere in which they expressed a desire for blood elf druids and night elf paladins as they alreay exist in game to some degree. Though with the time skip and exiles reach as a starting area for new characters who are lore wise already post legion ingratiated members of their faction , there’s no reason why all races shouldn’t have access to almost all classes at this point.

1 Like

Right so the passed idk 10 threads of ppl say “who cares about the lore” followed by insults and baby rage are free of burden?? Dont kid urself there is no high ground here.

3 Likes

I have never said that.

However, the people throwing the tantrum are much worse. Being annoyed by the tantrums at this point is understandable.

3 Likes

I skip all the cut scenes… dont really about the lore, i can find out later from my friend lol

GD gets annoyed that peope are breathing I hardly care for what annoys people. Ragemode is a perfect example about how quickly ppl get annoyed over nothing.

1 Like

Legion wasn’t loved because of Lore!

So, people like new stories that break old stories!

All I ever ask for is if ur gona open everything an anything up atleast make it interesting an engaging. They spend more time on stupid daily quests no one cares about. Rather then trying to put together a coherent decent story.
Add Hozen/Ogres/Naga/Jinyu idc just make it enjoyable give us a story an some fun gg that simple.

2 Likes

No, throwing a tantrum is what is happening with people who are against the Warlocks expanding. Take the one thread where the OP said he was going to unsub over other races getting access to Warlocks. That is what I would call throwing a tantrum.

People seem to care about the lore, but don’t want it to evolve. But if the lore can’t evolve, then what hope is there for the future of the game in regards to it’s stories. Are people saying that they want a Shadowlands 2.0 and 3.0 and 4.0, etc? Are people saying they want to keep the timeline stuck to the same period where it is like 2004?

2 Likes