LGBT+ History Month

You know all of this could have been avoided. But you know how people are… had an issue with what was poking out of the ground and you excavated. Then you really hated what you found.

This is a thing now. Its an actual word.

I mean it’s not. There is no scientific term as cis. It’s just male and female, that’s it.

If you are trans, you are trans but there is no redefinition of male or female.

3 Likes

Would you like me to remove all of the uh… “made up” words from the english language? Depending on where you are that could become a problem.

The term is what it is and if you don’t want to hear it… well it shouldn’t bother you anyway. Why are you in this thread?

1 Like

Sure, go for it. So give the definition of cis in terms of sex. Its suppose to be “on the side of” but that would indicate choice. I had no choice, I am what I am.

4 Likes

I told you earlier. It means that you identify with the gender assigned to you at birth. It seems you googled it. You know, there could be all manner of things on there that you shcould read. That’s your answer. If you identify as your birth gender you are cisgender, let me clarify, to us. And we will keep saying this “garbage”.

3 Likes

“Someone already explained, that cis is a Latin Prefix, that means ‘on the side of’. So it IS a real term, it’s just an archaic term, that isn’t well known.”

3 Likes

I deleted it because it could be misconstrued. I was just curious to be honest. Moving on…

Yeah, it is garbage. I don’t identify with anything, I am what I am. Are gay people cisgay? If you are white, are you ciswhite? It’s beyond ignorant because the entire thing implies a choice where one isn’t to be had.

4 Likes

Cool but I already clarified what I meant a while back.

2 Likes

“I know, sorry. I hit reply before I saw.”

Somehow I doubt the people getting really into this stuff are using much in the way of logic.

1 Like

“I had never even heard of it, until this.”

Yeah, it’s obviously redundant.

It’s just a word to appeal to certain people who refuse logic as it doesn’t gel with their delusions.

1 Like

Cisgender (as terminology) has been used by medical and sociological academics since at least the 1990s.

There are valid criticisms of the term. It potentially reinforces a binary understanding of gender, ignores the existence of intersex people and can be just a generally confusing term, but it’s not something antithetical to logic or reasoning.

1 Like

Intersex people are usually ‘guessed at birth’ I wonder what the term for that would be?

Divinogender? Solvogender?

Everyone always forgets the existence of intersex people. 1 in 1500 to 1 in 2000 births, which seems like a small amount, but then look at the population worldwide.

Personally I don’t like the term cis because there are people that use it like it’s a insult or to undermine people. I know what it means but just look at how people say “cis white male” to see what I mean.

5 Likes

Was your assigned gender gay? Was your assigned gender white? If these things are true and you accepted them then you can add cis to the front of the word.

I don’t get how this stuff is that hard unless you are intentionally being obtuse.

5 Likes

But there’s almost always a reflection of real life in any form of fantasy. Real life abounds in WoW. From parodies of various celebrities to a kid who got to voice a character through Make a Wish Foundation to the many memorials to people died.

Some people enjoy role playing elements of who they are in a game and that shouldn’t be downplayed. It’s not less important than you wanting to play a purple elf that can turn into animals. :smiley:

1 Like

Did I say it was or did I give my opinion on what I prefer?

This thread once again has turned into a den of iniquity and unintentional comedy.

1 Like