LGBT+ History Month

We could use some LGBT+ representation in WoW without going to the extreme with it.

There are plenty of romances in WoW and majority of them have nothing to do with story progression, even through questlines not too important in lore, but why not add some of these for LGBT+?

Not asking for it to be an integral part of the story, but if Overwatch is doing it, why not add it to the other Blizzard games, especially the most iconic of Blizzard’s current games?

Moderator Edit: This thread definitely has derailed and will be locked.

97 Likes

i’d rather have less romances. Malftyrande is cringe.

205 Likes

We already have a big enough race war.

We don’t need to invite a gender war into Warcraft.

146 Likes

Am I the only one who sighs heavily whenever they see these threads pop up?

392 Likes
17 Likes

Waiting for the usual comments in 3. 2. 1.

27 Likes

No, my petite vulpine acquaintance, you are not.

18 Likes

I have nothing against representation per se. But I am not comfortable with quotas. Introducing LGBT and other characters in order to fill a “representation checkmark” isn’t good for anyone.

If the writers have a good idea for an LGBT character they want to put in because they want to, sure it would be welcome, if it’s just a way to fill up a list, no.

Overwatch already has it.

94 Likes

I mean… they could profit off it. Sell a cloud with a rainbow mount for 25 bucks. Sell a toy for 15 bucks. Profit is profit. :smile_cat:

10 Likes

No disrespect intended OP, but I’d rather it not be done deliberately for a purpose.

It always gets done wrong when it’s done for a purpose. I have no problem with such characters being in a story, but if it’s obvious that they’re only there to please specific demographics, then I think it’s more insult than honor.

85 Likes

Why can’t people just play the game? Not everything needs a token (gay,female,minority, disabled,whatever) character.

157 Likes

Tbf, WoW romances are pretty rare. The community likes to ship people, but virtually none of them ever become canon. Sylvanas and Nathanos is really the only one.

3 Likes

Maybe Christie Golden should learn how to write a good romance before implementing more.

Everything is so forced in this game that it’s bordering fanfiction.

16 Likes

Thrall and Aggra
Jaina and Kalecgos
Kalecgos and the Sunwell
That one blue dragon and the spirit healer
Malfurion and Tyrande
A metric butt ton of npcs in quests
Wardruid Loti and Hexlord Raal

21 Likes

Someone is dating the sunwell?

4 Likes

Given how she favors Anduin I doubt she’d do the Wrathuin route. Which is a shame. Those two actually have chemistry compared to the planks of wood straight stories

2 Likes

Anveena. The girl you help out in the sunwell raid. He flat out says he loves her

3 Likes

This is the one I like the best, TBH. Their banter is great.

8 Likes

Been canon since WC3, not WoW.

Never materialized in the game itself. In fact, it even ended outside of the game as well! At no point do you ever hear anything about Jaina and Kalec being together.

What?

I’m not sure I would consider off-hand NPC comments about other NPCs to constitute a “romance” when said NPCs aren’t even main characters. WoW’s largely been pretty good about not forcing the player to sit through other characters’ love stories. With the main exception being, of course, Malfurion and Tyrande (and optionally Sylvanas and Nathanos).

6 Likes

Heh yeah I like their relationship. First time they mention being married I’m just “I freaking knew it”