Legendaries just got nuked (shadowlands)

Half the legendaries in the game just got completely stomped on

Half of them took giant nerfs and have reduced them all to slightly better than normal gear rubble

Very entertaining stuff

3 Likes

That’s kinda the Blizzard way though, make something and give us a glimpse so we’ll get excited and then right before we get our hands on it it’ll get nerfed, altered, gated, restricted and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes it barely palatable.

5 Likes

Nerf them just a little bit further…

2 Likes

This is a panic move. They dont have the time/resources to properly balance all the new systems they are adding at launch so they nerf them into irrelevancy and (hopefully) fix them later.

Alot of covenant ability and soul binds are getting huge nerfs as well

4 Likes

I only cared about Raddon’s Cascading Eyes. Sigh.

Why do we even have legendaries at this point?

7 Likes

Personally I kind of wish my character’s ability was inherent within my character and not some God gear that’s just get taken away from me anyways LOL.

1 Like

To tack on another currency to grind to the game.

3 Likes

Are they still undeletable?

Gives them a reason to add 9.1 content such as "We realized that a few legendaries were not getting picked, so we’re going to buff them and nerf the popular ones kek kek kek’

Blizzard Loa of Fallacy

2 Likes

Can’t miss something you never had.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be the easiest way to balance all of them? Break them down and slowly build them back up?

1 Like

I’m actually fine with legendaries being trash, I just feel that at that point its kind of a massive misgnomer.

“Every 90 frostbolts you get a frozen orb you cant control…”

We just need a new name for that. A Disappoint-a-dary or something. IDK I’ll set the marketing department on this.

3 Likes

Yes,thats why they are doing it. The problem lies in the “build them back up” part. That could take a long time (if it happens at all) during which we are stuck with crappy/boring legendarys.

This expansion is so toast lmao

5 Likes

It’s a good thing they’ve delayed the expansion and haven’t given us a new release date then. Seems like they now have the time to do what they want and not release the game in a broken state that we’d be stuck with.

What’s the point of this thread again?

2 Likes

They ought to delete a few of them that they nerfed today.

Literally nobody will use them anymore. A few of them were shaping up to be pretty cool too. :frowning:

1 Like

Presented without comment:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-legendaries-october-7/668405?u=erryndal-area-52

5 Likes

These aren’t even real legendaries. It’s crafted crap again. Legendaries shouldn’t be crafted. They should’ve made a new category for them with a new color. Call them curios or remnants or something with a brown color or whatever.

1 Like

good, borrowed powers on top of overlapping systems is horrible design. Imagine all this time they spent on convoluted systems spent on making actual content

3 Likes