Right Click Report - Not Going Away

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-reinstate-or-give-alternative-to-right-click-report/208582/27

Kaivax has been busy on the communication front.

20 Likes

Yah I saw that too, could not find that one thread, and when I did it was like 4 days old and I did not feel like starting another one.

I figured it was easier to start with the facts than try and tack them onto all the crazy.

3 Likes

yah I made my topic for the day, so I was good, still is funny that I have not had the ability to post in the beta forums despite having access.

Also your 2 topic titles rhyme,lol

Right Click Report - Not Going Away

Leeway here to stay

1 Like

I don’t think the act of ‘right click reporting’ itself is an issue, but we need to not have the automated responses like silencing, kicking, banning, etc… as they’re too easy to exploit.

Whether you right click to report or click a menu and open a ticket makes little difference imo.

43 Likes

well the only thing that is automated from what you listed is the squelch.

3 Likes

So they say, but there are lots of examples of people right click reporting in mass and then the person being reported DC’ing. Coincidence? Maybe… Maybe not…

9 Likes

and they would be correct, the DC is supposed to be a bug or something, and also does not always seem to happen, the banning for sure is not automated, never has been.

1 Like

:tada:

10 characters.

1 Like

I guess they want classic to fail.

32 Likes

I’m all for it.
But what I really want to know is if they fixed not being able to create a focus target.

Yea. That’s it. Lol.

11 Likes

Nah. Besides streamers abusing the squelch, this only had upsides.

Abusive language and actions have no place in 2019.

7 Likes

Yup. It’s the year of easily offended sensibilities and mass triggerings.

:cocktail:

61 Likes

heheh, this will blow up in a day or two.

3 Likes

People like to dig their own grave.

How to complain about tools used to squelch toxic aggression? Be toxicly aggressive!

2 Likes

Will people be able to spam report people in PvP until they log out with a temp ban… as has been shown to work in retail… unless that has been fixed…

Regardless I feel Rclick is good, but has potential for abuse… abuse that is almost never dealt with… functional bans of people abusing Rclick reporting needs to be done…

6 Likes

Think this through for a second. If they designed an automated report system and they wanted it to do “something” to egregious offenders… would that something be a random disconnect? I find so little logic in that design that if it were true then it would confirm that the devs make important game decisions by throwing darts at a board.

3 Likes

Blizzard: We are making classic!

Everyone: You got this on lock! #nochanges!

Blizzard: By the way we added layering, batching is broken, leeway is broken, we added right click report, loot trading, retail AV, mounts, etc.

Everyone: YOU HAD ONE JOB!

Apologists: Yay #nochanges!

43 Likes

Except not everyone has been yelling #nochanges. :slight_smile:

5 Likes